Chargen Rules and Questions

saithor

Oh man, was looking at dabbling in some spellcasting since some of the Ethersea spells that messed with memory and put people to sleep seemed really cool, bjt just ran the math on needing 3 5+ on 4 or 5 dice ... 10% chance of the spell going off means magic is probably not for dabbling!

The high dice requirements are apparently a trap. After some research its apparently much easier to get 3 rolls of 4+ than it is to get 1 roll of 5+ I thought that, if you're rolling 4d6 with a +2 focus SURELY getting just ONE die over 5 would be easier but apparently its less likely than it seems?

Supposedly its better to aim lower and get extra damage or bonuses from the extra successes than it is to try for the high power spells. But then there are so few spells it seems like if you can design your own with the rules in the book thats an even better way to do it.

Hmm. Reading through all the characters again there doesn't actually seem to be as many melee beat sticks as I thought, so I'm back torn between the idoneth Soulscryer and the Witch Aelf.

My biggest issue with the Soulscryer is how their lore talks about being able to track souls, but mechanically there doesn't actually seem to be much to help them tack people down or tell if people are lying aside from two miracles.

Incidentally, @NeopopulasI thought you needed training in channelling to take spellcasting?

You are absolutely right. The Scinari Loreseeker has Channeling as their core skill (so starting 1,1) but when i copied it over i accidentally switched it for awareness.. should be all good now.

Yep. I think I will be doing what I said about accepting everyone, but it might be tomorrow before we start. Things are a little...not great for me at the moment, trying to fix them.