Interest Check Exalted Third Edition

PerilousAdventures

Exalted Third Edition is a game about Epic Fantasy and local conflict/human concerns. Where you play the Exalted, chosen of powerful entities in an original setting facing often against the injustice of Empire, the Realm and many other conquerors and exploring a diverse world full of wonder. The game is a complex and competitive system, with made-up words and some influence that you might not be familiar with.

I don't expect a new player to be familiar with everything as soon as we start but if you want to explore a fantastic setting and open to learn a new system, there is a rich experience awaiting you. For brand new player to the setting, I would suggest playing a Solar, as they are pretty much the exalted that just returned and are free to insert a bit anywhere. The game will take place in one of the Eight Directions, but since this future game would be made to be new player friendly, it will most likely take place in the Scavenger Lands, a rather iconic territory for Exalted. Other celestial exalted will be available as an option but that's a discussion for later, if we can gather enough people interested in this.

I would love to try it out. I've been familiar with Exalted for years but never had a chance to try it, especially with the daunting amounts of Charms, needing to decide Intimacies, Merits and such. I'd probably try out a Zenith Solar at the very least if I were to play. As interesting as Sorcery is, I'd rather go easy on myself and ease myself into the system.

I have played 2nd edition many times and always wanted to try third. Sidereals were my personal favorite though I did play several different Solars as well. I played a lunar sorcerer once and it was pretty cool though Ive always felt like sorcery is a bit esoteric when compared with the rest of the game.

The only solar type I never got to play was twilight so Ild love to do that

If you're willing to deal with someone new to the system, I'd like to give this a shot. I've played what was, I think, a playtest version of the 3E rules that I was given to play with some friends of friends. That was in, if the "Date Modified" section of the file is to be believed, 2015. So I don't think that really counts as experience with the system, but I've always wanted to give it a real shot and think the setting is extremely compelling. I think the slower pace of PbP would give me more time to familiarize myself with the rules as we go.

Given the concepts already floated, I feel like the natural complement to them would be a Dawn Caste, so that's what I'd be leaning towards. I've already got some concepts churning; I may even cobble together most of a sheet to get a better handle on the mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just noticed this now, but please consider me interested too ! I will be moving to the game at once for a first glance, if you don't mind. Thanks a lot !

EDIT : you seem to be lacking an Eclipse character, so I'll be looking into this first.

And now if I could just find a Scion game, I would be golden...

Edited by Thot (see edit history)