"Hush and breathe my friend. Take in the air that surrounds us

and realise the strength of the light flow and gentle touch."

Lawful Good Female Kor Monk 2

Follower of the Way of the Four Elements

Acolyte of Kamsa from Ondu

Creature of White Mana

Age 22, height 6' 1'',  weight 141 lbs.

Personality

I am quiet and gentle like a warm summer breeze, but when I sense injustice I become a raging storm.

Ideals
Faith. I am Kamsa's vessel and follow her guidance to make the world a better place. (Lawful)

Bonds
I must acquire the magic of flight to be closer to my goddess.

I need to prove my worth and falsify my doubters, so I can be with my love.

Flaws
I secretly believe I am Kamsa's chosen, better than everybody else and above fault.

Portrait of Sajawe

Image by Charlie Bowatar

Abilities & Skills
  Score Mod Save Skills
Strength 10 0 +2 Athletics +2
Dexterity 16 +3 +5

Acrobatics +5 | Sleight of Hand +3 | Stealth +5

Constitution 14 +2 +2  
Intelligence 8 -1 -1 Arcana -1 | History -1 | Investigation -1 | Nature -1 | Religion +1
Wisdom 16 +3 +3 Animal Handling +3 | Insight +5 | Medicine +3 | Perception +5  | Survival +3
Charisma 10 0 0

Deception 0 | Intimidation 0 | Performance 0 | Persuasion 0

Derived Stats
Max Hit Points: 17 Armor Class: 16 Speed: 40 feet
Hit Dice: 2d8 Proficiency Bonus: +2 Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 15 Passive Investigation: 9 Passive Insight: 15

Attacks
Item (use) Bonus Damage Properties
Quarterstaff (two-handed) +5 1d8+3 Bludgeoning Versatile (1d8)
Darts +5 1d4+3 Piercing Finesse, thrown (20/60)
Unarmed +5 1d4+3 Bludgeoning  

Proficiencies & Features
Weapon & Armor Proficiencies:  Simple weapons, Shortswords
Other Proficiencies: Flute
Languages: Common, Silent Speech of the Kor, Auran, Celestial
Race Kor Features: Kor ClimbingYou have proficiency in the Athlet-
ics and Acrobatics skills.
, LuckyWhen you roll a 1 on the d20 for an attack
roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the
die and must use the new roll.
, BraveYou have advantage on saving throws
against being frightened.
Background Acolyte Features: Shelter the FaithfulAs an acolyte, you command the respect of those who share your faith, and you can perform the religious ceremonies of your deity. You and your adventuring companions can expect to receive free healing and care at a temple, shrine, or other established presence of your faith, though you must provide any material components needed for spells. Those who share your religion will support you (but only you) at a modest lifestyle.

You might also have ties to a specific temple dedicated to your chosen deity or pantheon, and you have a residence there. This could be the temple where you used to serve, if you remain on good terms with it, or a temple where you have found a new home. While near your temple, you can call upon the priests for assistance, provided the assistance you ask for is not hazardous and you remain in good standing with your temple.
Class Monk Features: Unarmored DefenseBeginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier., Martial ArtsAt 1st level, your practice of martial arts gives you mastery of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don't have the two-handed or heavy property.

You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren't wearing armor or wielding a shield:

• You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons.

• You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as you gain monk levels, as shown in the Martial Arts column of the Monk table.

• When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if you take the Attack action and attack with a quarterstaff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming you haven't already taken a bonus action this turn.

Certain monasteries use specialized forms of the monk weapons. For example, you might use a club that is two lengths of wood connected by a short chain (called a nunchaku) or a sickle with a shorter, straighter blade (called a kama). Whatever name you use for a monk weapon, you can use the game statistics provided for the weapon on the Weapons page.

Ki

Starting at 2nd level, your training allows you to harness the mystic energy of ki. Your access to this energy is represented by a number of ki points. Your monk level determines the number of points you have, as shown in the Ki Points column of the Monk table.

You can spend these points to fuel various ki features. You start knowing three such features: Flurry of Blows, Patient Defense, and Step of the Wind. You learn more ki features as you gain levels in this class.

When you spend a ki point, it is unavailable until you finish a short or long rest, at the end of which you draw all of your expended ki back into yourself. You must spend at least 30 minutes of the rest meditating to regain your ki points.

Some of your ki features require your target to make a saving throw to resist the feature's effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows:

Ki save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

(2 ki points)

• Flurry of BlowsImmediately after you take the Attack action on your turn, you can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
  • Patient DefenceYou can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn.
  •  Step of the WindYou can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on your turn, and your jump distance is doubled for the turn.

Unarmored MovementStarting at 2nd level, your speed increases by 10 feet while you are not wearing armor or wielding a shield. This bonus increases when you reach certain monk levels, as shown in the Monk table.

At 9th level, you gain the ability to move along vertical surfaces and across liquids on your turn without falling during the move.
 (+10 ft.)

Inventory
Item (Amount) Value in gp Weight in lb
Quarterstaff 0.2 4
Explorer's Pack    

• Backpack

2 5

• Bedroll

1 7

• Mess Kit

0.2 1

• Tinderbox

0.5 1

• Torches (10)

0.1 10

• Rations (10)

5 20

• Waterskin

0.2 5

• Hempen Rope (50 ft.)

1 10
Darts (10) 0.5 4
Holy Symbol of Kamsa 5 1
Prayer Book 25 5
Incense (5 sticks) 0 0
Vestments 0.5 3
Common Clothes 0.5 3
Total 42.7 79

d95r6rr-9b1131bd-c644-4d87-9606-35ec8745619f.jpg.3f32d951187d601f8efd04a9664a462d.jpg

Background Story

Sajawe is a young monk-priestess from a nomadic tribe of Kor, tracing the scant herds in Ondu across plains and mountains. At the age of 12, her clan visited a Temple of Kamsa, high up on a mountain. The young girl immediately felt a connection and insisted on joining the temple for training. After some "fierce" discussion - which was carried out in utter silence, of course - her parents allowed it. She became something of the prodigy of the temple and was said to be chosen by Kamsa, the Kor goddess of air - hardly any matches her grace and lithe motion. Thus it was to nobody's surprise that, once she was a young woman and fully fledged priestess, she was sent out on a pilgrimage to fulfil her prophetised destiny to gain the ability to fly and come closer to Kamsa.

Another, less officially known reason that may have inspired her pilgrimage was that she was caught in undue relationship with one of her teachers, ten years older than her. The clergy of Kamsa didn't want a scene, but since Salawe refused to abandon the relationship with the same stubbornness as she showed when she joined the temple in the first place, the prophecy was incredibly convenient to send her on an impossible task and be rid of her, without spoiling the image of the poster prodigy.

As far as Salawe is concerned, both of these stories are true. And she totally intends to reach new heights (both physically and spiritually) in her connection to Kamsa, and return to have her forbidden love's children.

Title

• What's your experience with D&D 5e?  Are you a new player?
    After trying D&D 4 when it came out, I switched to Pathfinder. I came back to D&D 5 a while ago, not so much for the game system, but for the community and particularly the Adventurer's League. I tried myself a DM in the Adventurer's League, but it wasn't really my thing. I've been playing exclusively on Myth-Weavers for a while. There have been interruptions, but I've basically played daily since March 2018.

• How familiar are you with Zendikar?  Those with no knowledge of the world are more than welcome, and I'll include some world information soon!
    Not at all. I read the source material you linked.

• What posting rate are you comfortable with?
    At best every day, or every two days. I become uncomfortable when the posting rate decays to less than one cycle a week, because I lose my connection to the game and the character.

• Include some character art!  MtG has plenty of card art to look at and use!
    Check.

• OPTIONAL: If you're familiar with Magic: the Gathering, you'll know that different colors of mana are used to summon creatures and cast spells.  What color or colors of mana are tied to your character?

I have tried magic when I was young, but not for long. It is an intriguing game, but the pay-to-win-aspect of trading card games (just as with trading cards sticker books) always bothered me. I came in touch with a more enthusiastic community later, but I didn't pick it up again

My character is white mana.... I am inclined to say a mix of white and green, for she also has affiliated with nature, cares about family and is to a minor degree driven by selfish, primal lust, but my character is not a deck. I feel like I have to pick one, because she's just one simple creature, not a deck, but only one card, and in the end, she's a monk, she's lawful, a good part of her motivation is selfless, she cares about the whole and purity and while is the colour most associated with her people. She is white, not green.

Design Notes

I intend to use the Way of the Four Elements not to actually incorporate all four elements, but to go specifically for the element of, to reflect her connection with Kamsa. Fist of Unbroken Air on level 3, Clench of the North Wind on level 6, Ride the Wind on level 11, which will then also complete one of her bonds by obtaining the fly ability, unless achieves it before then in some other way.

Background Mofication: Skill Perceptions instead of Insight.

• 4 months later...

Level Up to Level 2

Hit Points: Additional 5 (average of 1d8) + 2 Con Bonus = 7 for a new total of 17

New Features:

Ki

Starting at 2nd level, your training allows you to harness the mystic energy of ki. Your access to this energy is represented by a number of ki points. Your monk level determines the number of points you have, as shown in the Ki Points column of the Monk table.

You can spend these points to fuel various ki features. You start knowing three such features: Flurry of Blows, Patient Defense, and Step of the Wind. You learn more ki features as you gain levels in this class.

When you spend a ki point, it is unavailable until you finish a short or long rest, at the end of which you draw all of your expended ki back into yourself. You must spend at least 30 minutes of the rest meditating to regain your ki points.

Some of your ki features require your target to make a saving throw to resist the feature's effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows:

Ki save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

(2 ki points)

• Flurry of BlowsImmediately after you take the Attack action on your turn, you can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
  • Patient DefenceYou can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn.
  •  Step of the WindYou can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on your turn, and your jump distance is doubled for the turn.

Unarmored MovementStarting at 2nd level, your speed increases by 10 feet while you are not wearing armor or wielding a shield. This bonus increases when you reach certain monk levels, as shown in the Monk table.

At 9th level, you gain the ability to move along vertical surfaces and across liquids on your turn without falling during the move.
 (+10 ft.)