Vadania Amakiir, Wood Elf Ranger

Ziminar

Vadania Amakiir.json

I don't have a lot of experience playing DnD, started during lockdown with an online group an have been trying to get into a play by post game for a while now. I made this rather standard character from DnD Beyond so if you think i made a mistake with something please point it out to me. Im here to learn.

I have created a character sheet but its not visibly when I use the Add statblock option here in the editor. Probable already did something wrong.

Edited by Ziminar
Added link to sheet (see edit history)

???: *a warforged wearing a security uniform barges in which a belay pin* Intrusion Detected, user has not signed into laboratory systems, proceeding with removal

Me: *Steps in wearing a lab coat* Whoa Whoa Whoa, Hold it Omega. Let's not get club-happy on a newbie. I'm sure he just a bit lost and just found the open game we have.

Omega: *Robot hum of annoyance as he glares at Ziminar*

~~~

Greetings Ziminar, don't mind the security bot, just something I added recently trying to help police my lab while I'm away on the real side.

Most likely the reason you could not add your character sheet here is because I didn't process your official admission request into my lab until now. However I do notice the link and your picture which I shrunk down so that it doesn't overwhelm people who access the forums via mobile devices and your request for assistance so I'll just hand wave the sign in requirement I placed at the main entrance and just try and help you out so you can get started playing

I've looked over your sheet and note that it is generally a decently put together character with all the basics. All you really need is a small backstory and we can call this character built.

What type of game are you looking for, a solo oneshot to get your feet wet, a full adventure? I'm generally open to almost anything normal when it comes to D&D5e although I do have to inform you that my play time is limited throughout the week with me working 4 nights a week Friday Night through Tuesday Morning, and then I got house chores and other junk like that during my 3 days off which often limits me to doing serious Dungeon Mastering down to maybe once a week per game I'm running and I run quite a few games both in this lab and in other games.

I added a backstory to the character sheet under description, not sure if i added it to the correct field.

I would like to join a group if that's at all possible, I'm willing to wait a bit if you don't have a group at the ready.
The first time i played I started my character at level 5 which was a bit overwhelming so I would prefer to start at level 1.

I'm ok with whatever fits your schedule, I'm just grateful you're doing to this for me and other people.

Hmm... I could throw you into the Kardrago group... they are just barely starting and their game which is running the Waterdeep - Dragonheist adventure.

It was technically supposed to start at level 1 and only level up at each chapter complete but I just allowed them to play level 2/3 characters just so they could get their subclasses/wanted builds in exchange for them not leveling up at each chapter complete. (adventure goes up to level 5)

As for the backstory the on site fillable character sheet kinda of a weird one, but if it's on there and readable it's fine.

Posted (edited)

I'm cool with joining that group, so that would mean I would need to level up to lvl 3.

I'm just going to write this out so that I don't make any mistakes and you can easily point out where I went wrong.

To level 2:

HP:

Roll +1 (const mod) = 9 => 20

For fighting style I will select Archery.

Spells: Hunter's Mark, Fog Cloud

To level 3:
Roll + 1 = 29

Spell: Ensnaring Strike

Subclass: Beastmaster.
As a pet i select a hawk which I named Chayton.

Chayton:

Armor Class: 13
Hit Points: 1 (1d4 - 1)
Speed: 10 ft., fly 60 ft.
Strength: 5 (-3)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 8 (-1)
Intelligence: 2 (-4)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 6 (-2)
Skills: Perception +4
Senses: passive Perception 14
Challenge: 0 (10 XP)
Keen Sight: The hawk has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
Talons: Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 slashing damage.

I also updated my character sheet to reflect this.
Let me know if I need to change anything.

Edited by Ziminar (see edit history)
Name
Roll
1d10 8
Roll
1d10 8

everything generally checks out... really I'm not fully concerned with filling out the on site sheet especially if you don't plan to use sheet dice which trust me is something I've yet to use because I just rather input my rolls by hand.

I'll move you over to the group, go ahead and roll initiative in the game because I'm just about to literally troll them... they think they're going to go break up a bar fight... but something rumbles from underneath their feet...