[Interest Check] G.I. Joe Roleplaying Game (Essence 20)

So first off, happy 2024!

image.png.f21e9e14126508b5f7702cc5820fba61.pngSo, I have about one other game in me at the moment that I feel comfortable trying to run on the site.

I've attempted to run a pseudo G.I. Joe / Metal Gear Solid stylized military game once or twice on the OG site in the past. None of them really felt right with the systems. I'm an 80s kid, so clearly the nostalgia bug is chewing away at me, as my wife decided to get me the system books for Christmas. It'll be my first go with Essence 20, but far from my first GM outing.

I wanted to see if there would be enough interest to me attempting to post a game ad. I don't plan on really any cross-over with the other Essence system stuff such as Power Rangers, Transformers, MLP, or whatever at the moment. I might have some hints of Transformers tech if the game goes on enough with a nod to M.A.S.K. or something but the game would be fairly grounded in at least terms of human-centric.

Canon will be fast and loose. More a reboot than adhering to any of the previous comics series, but a more "serious" tone similar to the comics rather than the 80s cartoon series. We don't mention the live action movies. Those don't exist.