OOC

Penchant

Peeling back might be a decent play here. The Erinyes have bows, but we can take cover until they have to move close enough or at an angle that makes them vulnerable. Everything else has to close and we're at pretty long range currently (Quake aside). It's also unclear if the Fiend Team intends to fight us in the darkness or are just using to set something up (I don't think seeing through supernatural darkness is something all of them can do).

Also with the first Erinyes getting sniped and then attack by Quake it might be down which would be a solid opening.

Let's be clear about the darkness. Deeper darkness lowers light conditions two steps. With the current weather conditions, the ambient light is a Normal Light. That means inside the deeper darkness bubbles, it goes down to Darkness. This means that Darkvision still works inside it's effect. That goes for both the demons and for you (at your listed darkvision ranges). Generally that will limit visibility to 60 feet. Now you'll still have to contend with stealth checks because the demons aren't going to just stand out in the open. The buildings work on both your behalf. IF ambient lighting went down another step, the the deeper darkness would go down to Supernaturally Dark and darkvision would no longer be sufficient.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

There's generally two ways you can do it. Acrobatics or Overrun. Acrobatics would be 5+CMD (25) plus 10 to move at full speed. So DC 40 acrobatics check. Overrun is a combat maneuver against their CMD, but you can only overrun one opponent without the Barreling Overrun feat. Since there are two in your way, that does not appear to be an option. So roll acrobatics and get 40 or better.

Actually, they are incorporeal. They can't stop you from moving, they just get AoO. So standard rolls to avoid AoO. (3x)

Edited by Penchant (see edit history)

I will be on vacation in Rome from Monday, April 15 through Wednesday, April 24. I'll be able to check in on OOC and in chat, but won't have my computer with me so I can't do an IC post. Please NPC me while I'm gone, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...