Kallahan Ieramus

Landid

Kallahan Ieramus

bardwhip.png.a5a5840249d68e803ff5db7b388c2d76.png

Statblock

Kallahan Ieramus Male NG Human Bard 3/ Fighter 3, Level 3, Init 5, HP 24/24, Speed 30, AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 6, Will 5, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 3
Whip +7(+8 inspire Courage) (1d3+3, )
Whip Trip +13(14 Inspire courage)
Mst Heavy Crossbow +7(+8 Inspire courage) (1d10, 19-20)
Masterwork Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 16
Condition None

Appearance

Kall is a decently well built man, not too bulky or lanky. His face is rough with the stubble of a beard not yet grown. Seeing as only nobles in Taldor are allowed to grow facial hair, it stands to reason he would want to grow it to display his status. Its not the only thing he wishes to grow out it seems seeing as his hair is middle length and is almost constantly moving when he does.

Q&A

Who are you and where are you from? What do/did you do there?

Kall sits there with his head cocked and resting in his hand. His hand falls into his lap and he looks this large dwarf in the eyes for a moment before speaking, "Who am I? I know this isn't Oppara but do you live under a rock?" He sighs before continuing. "I am Kallahan Ieramus, fifth son of the lord of Aylen's Peak. I am a teller of tales, a weaver of words! Some may call me a simple bard but know that I am much more than that! A playwright, a scholar, and an actor in my own right." He crosses his arms after his description with a smirk across his face.

What do you know of Heldren? What does Heldren know of you?

"What do you want to know about that podunk?" Looking at the dwarf Kall sees that he still is waiting for an answer. Sighing he continues. "Father always goes on about the strategic importance of the town but between you and me?" He leans in closer to the dwarf before exclaiming with his hands in the air. "They have almost no appreciation for the arts! Obviously they would know very little about me outside of who I am in relation to my father. I'm only here because father requested me to be."

I've heard and seen the early winter in Heldren. What do you think of it?

A quizzical look comes over his face. "I imagine that the winters in Heldren aren't too unsimilar to the ones in Aylen's Peak. If so, the winter is more of a bother than anything. Of course it is rare that I do not have ample supplies to keep warm."

Would you consider yourself an adventurer? A mercenary? A treasure hunter? If none of those things, then what?

"Whats the point in me answering your questions if you aren't going to listen? Teller of tales, weaver of wor..." He trails off for a moment as he stares at the tall dwarf's blank expression. "Look, you can just call me a bard if it suits you better."

The news of a noblewoman being kidnapped is a terrifying occurrence in such a small village. What terrifies you?

His hand falls to the table with an audible thump while his eyes seem to burn with a bit of resentment at the suggestion that Taldor can't protect its own nobles. "First off the very best of Taldor are looking for this woman, no reason for any panic. Plus, the noblewoman is an independent person, who knows if shes actually missing or just strung out from a night out. But that doesn't terrify me and you want to know what does. Hmm..." He sits there for a moment in thought. "I suppose sitting through a terribly droll play out of respect for the playwright. Can't even fall asleep! Just think of the implications that would lead to."

What does it take for you to consider a stranger an ally? A friend? An enemy?

"Odd sort of questions you are asking here. If someone is going to bother me it is more than likely that they want something. Being the son of a Lord tends to amplify that so when it comes to strangers I prefer to err on the side of caution. Although I do rather enjoy a quality conversation when it comes to the arts, thats probably the best way to gain my favor."

Time for some hypotheticals. As you're walking through town, you take a wrong turn into a small and quiet side street. You hear a rustle behind and suddenly someone is behind you. Before they can say or do anything, what do you do?

"Why I trip them of course and then ask him what business they have with me." He pats his trust bullwhip at his side. "Can never be too cautious with the common folk. They might have this grand idea that they can get a hefty ransom for me." He blows air out of his mouth in an amused fashion before contiuning. "If they are a friend, I'll promptly appologize and help them up. If they had an ill intention, they will find themselves at a disadvantage and me a not so easy target."

Now let's twist that question. Instead of a small side street, you turn onto the market's main thoroughfare. Same person, but now this woman has an arm around your shoulder and is acting like your best friend.

Kall smirks as this question rolls off of the dwarf's tongue. "Now this is a situation that happens quite more frequently than you think. I never mind some quality company of the fairer sex. I would however try to question her about the sudden display of affection she is showing me and why. Perhaps I'm saving her from a suitor who can't understand what no means, or maybe she is after my purse with its pittance of silver and copper. As long as she isn't hostile I need not be either."

Edited by Landid (see edit history)