In Character: The Barge

Acromos

If she can reposition to flank Menthelius with Sinwen, she will do so.

Kelia attempts to stab Menthelius again with her short sword, directing her swarm to follow up and peck at him, while the ranger concentrates on hunters mark.

OOC

Character sheet for Kelia Tyrinsong

HP 8/32

1st level remaining Spell slots 1/3.

Concentrating on hunters mark on Menthelius, extra 1d6 damage.

Free action extra 1d6 damage if she hits, from swarm.

Apparently the 10 was fated lol.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)
Name
Short sword attack Menthelius
1d20+5 5
advantage roll if flanking is allowed and in play
1d20+5 5

bard.png.ca14f5804350d59d461a75a16aea84c2.png Sinwen Ravenhair

Half-Elf Bard, College of Valour Lvl 4 | HP: 15/24 | AC: 13 | Init: +3 | PP: 12 | Speed: 9 metres
Coins 0 GP 0 SP | Rapier A:+5 D:1d8+3 T:finesse

Spells: lvl1: 0/4, lvl2: 0/3

It hurts. Badly. She doesn't reply anything, just grits her teeth. Out of spells and in a foul mood, Sinwen attacks all those that she sees as her foes: She starts by stabbing at the drow spellcaster, then pivots on her heel and strikes that insufferable Menthelius.

Name
Opportunity attack drow caster
1d20+1 11
damage if opportunity attack succeeds, piercing
1d8+3 4
attack menthelius (also rapier)
1d20+5 19
damage if menthelius attack succeeds, piercing
1d20+3 6
damage Menthelius reroll (I used the wrong die, sorry)
1d8+3 8

pete2.jpeg.63deae77e7cdfdeeeaf44d0bb3e5e195.jpegms. 'Blueblood' Pirate, Rogue, Swashbuckler, Duelist, Criminal...
Young adult 5'11 female human variant fighter, CN eldritch knight 4 ..
action surge.. (0)
init +3 ..mage armor.. (AC 16, HP 25... 28) second wind..(0) heal 1d10+4 condition.. normal, mobile ..base move..40'
human traits... Athlete, Stealth+5 ...prev.. Pirate ..skills.. Athletics+4, Perception+3, Acrobatics+5, Intimidation+1.

stats.. STR 15, DEX 16, CON 10, INT 14, WIS 12, CHA 8 ..saves.. STR +4, CON +2 ..spells.. INT ..prof.. +2
heroic... Mobile, Duelist (fs) ..eldritch knight.. Bonded weapons (whip..dagger) ..cantrips.. blade ward, shocking grasp (kiss)
spell... Casting +4, Save DC 12 ..known.. mage armor, shield, protection from good / evil, thunderwave ..slots (3)

*intermezzio*

The drow blade felt good in her hand, the blade was long and sleek. Ms. Blueblood preferred the Rapier, the drow blade was yet to be tested in combat. As Menthelius or whatever his name was replied to her generous offer of Life, with Death... ms. Bueblood took in the Drow Vessel like she was already the Captain.

*PFFFT*... *THUD*... her drow prisoner just collapsed with the deadbeat drow leader's crossbow bolt in his eye. That was his answer.

"... You just better hope my slave is alive, or you're going to take his lashes... or how about death by a thousand cuts... what kind of name is Menthelius anyway ... sounds like a faerie cough lolly " ms. Blueblood replies taunting the evil drow.

*intermezzio*

Blueblood engages with the drow shorter blade, the wakizashi for any further discussion with Methelius... it was obvious he wanted to murder everyone. She wanted his foul blood on her wakazashi.

From her position ms. Blueblood goes into a zig zag approach pattern as she closes with the dead beat drow Menthelius finding a spot in between her allies attacks to stare him squarely in the eyes before...

*JAB*... miss

... and recover 15'' away to smile sweetly after a brief annoyance of drawing no blood.

OoC -- Actions

main hand: Drow Katana
off hand: -- empty

Actions (init 16)

Intermezzio - Perception check onboard Drow ship for Booty ... and any ropes to climb / swing around the ship...

• move - Mobility 40' close with Menthelius and move away after attack, avoiding an AoO.
  • action - Wakazashi attack Methelius
  • ready AoO - Wakazashi as appropriate
  • immediate - force armor AC 13 + 3 Dex = AC 16, Mobility, Athletics
mechanics

Whip +5 (1d4+5)
Drow katana, +4 (1d8+4) versatile 2h (1d10+4)
Drow wakazashi +5 (1d6+5)

Duel vs Methelius...

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)
Name
Adv. flanking with Wakaashi
keep(2d20,highest)+5 5,10
intermezzio perception of Drow ships deck for booty
1d20+3 18

Perception check:

The brutes were armed with 'mauls' - hefty clubs of very basic design. There's quite a lot of those. The drow all carry a set of weapons, the long/short swords (Idïel, and Paradïel, if we want to be formal about it). I think only one drow went overboard, so 6 of those. Menthelius' are different. Other than that, the drow have little vials on their belts - two each. Clearly labelled, in Undercommon. And additionally, of course, the drow have armor - most are clad in leather, but there's the odd glint of metal here and there.

It just isn't Menthelius' day. For one thing, he really hates Izzak, and the only person involved who hasn't taken so much as a scratch in this fight, is Izzak. To add literal insult to injury, while also adding some additional insult for seasoning, Izzak fires another bolt from above, yet again pricking the elf.

Izzak: Ha, look at that. You can't even kill someone enough that they stay dead!

He giggles again.

Then Sinwen, in a rotten temper, stabs Menthelius - and then Blueblood does the same.

The drow leader looks at his wounds in disbelief. He growls something, but his lungs wheeze and little comes across his lips:

Menthelius: I ... will kill ... the lot of ...

And that's as far as he makes it. He tries to lift his blades, to make good on his threat to kill Sinwen, but the effort brings him to his knees, where he keels over, and lies still.

On seeing Menthelius expire, Ryn steps back, and assumes a defensive stance - not willing to surrender, but surely also not willing to fight all of you at once.

Name
Izzak, hand crossbow
16; 4
1d20+6; 1d4+1 [10]; [10,3]

pete2.jpeg.63deae77e7cdfdeeeaf44d0bb3e5e195.jpegms. 'Blueblood' Pirate, Rogue, Swashbuckler, Duelist, Criminal...
action surge.. (0)
init +3 ..mage armor.. (AC 16, HP 25... 28) second wind..(0) heal 1d10+4 condition.. normal, mobile ..base move..40'
human traits... Athlete, Stealth+5 ...prev.. Pirate ..skills.. Athletics+4, Perception+3, Acrobatics+5, Intimidation+1.

stats.. STR 15, DEX 16, CON 10, INT 14, WIS 12, CHA 8 ..saves.. STR +4, CON +2 ..spells.. INT ..prof.. +2
heroic... Mobile, Duelist (fs) ..eldritch knight.. Bonded weapons (whip..dagger) ..cantrips.. blade ward, shocking grasp (kiss)
spell... Casting +4, Save DC 12 ..known.. mage armor, shield, protection from good / evil, thunderwave ..slots (3)

*DEAD*

Menhelius the dark elf was DEAD... and his drow blood dripped from the end of her drow blade

"Right... the Ship is ours... Does anyone dispute me as Captain of this Ship ..!?!"

Blueblood raised the bloody tip and directed it at Ryn who she was considering running through with the tip of her new sword.

OoC -- Actions

main hand: Drow Katana

Actions (init 16)

• action - intimidate Drow wiard Ryn to submit to her to keep on her good side...
  • ready Attack - Run him through with a stab through the heart if he makes any sudden moves.
  • immediate - force armor AC 13 + 3 Dex = AC 16
mechanics

Whip +5 (1d4+5)
Drow katana, +4 (1d8+4) versatile 2h (1d10+4)
Drow wakazashi +5 (1d6+5)

climb aboard Drow ship with prisoner to face Methelius... and offers him terms of surrender.

Name
Adv. Intimidate Drow wizard
keep(2d20,highest)+1 13,4

bard.png.ca14f5804350d59d461a75a16aea84c2.png Sinwen Ravenhair

Half-Elf Bard, College of Valour Lvl 4 | HP: 15/24 | AC: 13 | Init: +3 | PP: 12 | Speed: 9 metres
Coins 0 GP 0 SP | Rapier A:+5 D:1d8+3 T:finesse

Spells: lvl1: 0/4, lvl2: 0/3

Sinwen contradicts the over-eager piratess, all the while keeping her weapon pointed at the undefeated drow caster. Her face looks like she has eaten something sour: "Not so fast, slave driver! There still is an undefeated foe here, and before we agree to anything rash, we will have to talk about documents that set us free. Further, the ownership of this ship and all the things on board has to be determined. A captain is always nominated by the ship's owners. Now can you keep your greed in check for a little longer and help me deal with this drow here?"

Posted (edited)

In the aftermath of the fight, Krgh-âahn, Pashgir, a few dwarves and some human slaves come back around. Blueblood tries to claim the ship, and Krgh-âahn looks amused. It's Pashgir who replies, however:

Lady, this is a river. You cannot claim my ship. Ship and cargo will be returned to me as soon as we reach any legit port. Also, you cannot sail this ship. Oh, sure, I bet you know how to sail, but as you may have seen, these waters aren't exactly safe, and without a navigator, you'll flounder within hours. This ship is mine. Technically, you're mine - bought and paid for, legal and everything. We're setting you free, and you're getting all the loot you can carry. Don't get greedy, that won't end well for you.

He turns to Sinwen:

You needn't worry about the paperwork - we'll see to that. You saved our lives, and we'll do right by you.

Edited by Acromos (see edit history)

action surge.. (0)

*CAPTAIN BLUEBLOOD*

ms. Bloodblood was a bit confused, as this not the Drow ship that the enemy had retreated to when darkness and a thunderwave had threatened her enemy... ?

"... And when I say this ship... I mean Menthelius' Ship is ours... And I by the law of the sea I claim rights of Captain... having killed Menthelius as part of terms of surrender of his ship. Who else wants to be Captain ... You ?.. Sinwe, do you want to be captain... You all know I am a notorious pirate of some reknown... I'm sure we could come to a mutal arrangment that benefits the crew of both barges.."

Blueblood smiled as her last was directed at Pashgir as she wondered what booty Menthalius may have had onboatd... As far as Blueblood was concerned, she was already free. She chose to be on the barge and whip the oarsmen... Now she wanted to be Captain of the Drow barge... and maybe offer the Drow wizard Ryn a spot on her crew, and to whip as she saw fit.

"... As for you... Dark Wizard... DO you submit to me to be your mistress, to love,honor and obey. and admit you need a good lashing which I shall consider later...?"

The tip of her sword rose to be level with Ryn's head... to heighten the threat to match her words incase he was thinking of saying no.... and risk loosing his life... ms. Blueblood could however do with a local to navigate the underdark and a wizard to cast his dark arts at her whim...

OoC -- Actions

main hand: Drow Paradiel

ooc: rolled intimidate check for Ryn in my previous post. (WIS save DC 14 vs Intimidation.)

Actions

mechanics

Whip +5 (1d4+5)
Drow Idiel, +4 (1d8+4) versatile 2h (1d10+4)
Drow Paradiel +5 (1d6+5)

climb aboard Drow ship with prisoner to face Methelius... and offers him terms of surrender.

Name
Readied attack Adv vs Ryn if he tries anything hasty
keep(2d20,highest)+5 12,10
Stabbing Ryn if appropriate
1d6+5 3

HalfelfWarlockmale.jpg.c0657c45d1c469710ee755e067d59927.jpg

Panorin Warlock of Lumia

AC: 15 | Hp:10 /25 Speed: 30 ft. Level: 4 

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2872388

Pact with Patron: Archfey Verenestra.
Pact Boon: Pact of the Chain (Find familiar spell is learnt) summon a pseudodragon.
Eldritch Invocation: Agonizing blast Charisma modifier added to the damage eldritch blast does on a hit.

Armour of shadows: Able to cast mage armour at will; without expending spell slot or material components.

PACT DETAILS: His tongue is an unnatural blue colour; he must announce the name of his Patron Verenestra every time an invocation is used or risk displeasure with her.

Panorins raises an eyebrow and smiles towards the enigmatic Blueblood; as she tried to assert her authority here. But his curiosity is perked when Pashgir indicates that they are all to be freed; "When, will this be? you intend to free us? then do so without delay; and I'm sure the others would agree that we would like all of out belongings returned to us promptly. Moreover, a part of the loot as we were able to help rid you of the Drow problem," He said.

Listening to Panorin and Blueblood, Pashgir laughs:

Easy now. You're free - I've said it, it counts from this moment. But I don't have an inkwell on me right this instant. Have no fear, you'll get it in writing and everything, so not even the most difficult magistrate can make any trouble for you.

As for the drow boats, they're yours if you want them - we have no use for such craft. But when you say ship, there's only one ship here - my barge. The boats are boats, and if anyone has claim, it's this guy here. He indicates the surviving caster. He can fight you for it. Hang on.

Pashgir speaks in Undercommon to the drow caster, who replies quickly.

He would like either one of the boats, or he'd like safe passage aboard our until the next port. What say you to those terms?

action surge.. (0)

*CAPTAIN BLUEBLOOD*

ms. Bloodblood wanted to respond with her bloodied blade, it appeared that one more Drow were to die today....

"... Wrong answer.... he is a prisoner in no place to negiotiate... I'm taking his boat... or I'll kill him and take his boat... or he can submit to me as his Captain and Mistress."

Blueblood responded to Pashgir and felt like she had no choice, the Drow Wizard was in her way... and Ryn had not accepted HER offer... maybe she would give Ryn one more chance ... to submit to her as his Captain and Mistress, or suffer her wrath as a Drow enemy with extreme prejudice..

OoC -- Actions

main hand: Drow Paradiel

ooc: modified post due to Parlay

Actions

mechanics

Whip +5 (1d4+5)
Drow Idiel, +4 (1d8+4) versatile 2h (1d10+4)
Drow Paradiel +5 (1d6+5)

In parlay with Ryn ... B;ueblood wants to kill him ... but will try again later maybe.

No no no no - that's not how it works. If you're entering combat again, we're rolling new initiative. And I can inform you ahead of time that not everyone here is ok with killing anyone under parlay.

ooc: Ah ok... ooops.... it was a readied action... from before.... Drow have already broken Parlay I would have thought when Menthelius threatened and attacked us. This Drow Wizard never requested Parlay did he ?... Blueblood offered him terms of surrender which he tried to renegotiate... hence refuse.

Can roll init for new combat vs wizard... or Ryn can accept defeat after realising his life is in danger... and submit to her as mentioned in previous posts.

OR something else !!!... Chaos is kinda ms. Blueblood's thing.

Or we can continue discussing this in the OOC thread.

☠️

You cannot hold a readied action from round to round - and you cannot keep holding it once combat rounds end. Also, a readied action is readied for a specific condition - it cannot be 'when the drow continues negotiations' unless you stated that as the condition in advance.

Either roll initiative, or don't.

Ready

Sometimes you want to get the jump on a foe or wait for a particular circumstance before you act. To do so, you can take the Ready action on your turn, which lets you act using your reaction before the start of your next turn.

First, you decide what perceivable circumstance will trigger your reaction. Then, you choose the action you will take in response to that trigger, or you choose to move up to your speed in response to it. Examples include "If the cultist steps on the trapdoor, I'll pull the lever that opens it," and "If the goblin steps next to me, I move away."

When the trigger occurs, you can either take your reaction right after the trigger finishes or ignore the trigger. Remember that you can take only one reaction per round.

When you ready a spell, you cast it as normal but hold its energy, which you release with your reaction when the trigger occurs. To be readied, a spell must have a casting time of 1 action, and holding onto the spell's magic requires concentration. If your concentration is broken, the spell dissipates without taking effect. For example, if you are concentrating on the web spell and ready magic missile, your web spell ends, and if you take damage before you release magic missile with your reaction, your concentration might be broken.