In Character: The Barge

Acromos

Ah! Highly relevant question, miss Blueblood,

Begins the goblin captain, before going on:

I know the dock master best - that lovely lady in the middle controlling the golem. She's Izgild, and she takes a cut of all trade, because she'll have LUG smash your boat if you don't pay up.

He manages to pronounce the capital letters - LUG presumably being the golem.

There's loads of other notable people here. Grwendell runs the dock workers, and while in principle he answers to Izgild, he's the head of the guild, and that put's them on a theoretical even footing. The guild still doesn't have LUG tho.

Pashgir doesn't go into details about the guild, but his vague gestures seem to indicate the dockworkers, who wear red bandanas.

Then there's Krzsysztof. No one really knows about him. He's .. well, we don't know, but he has a staff and a pointy hat, so everyone assumes he's a wizard, you know? He doesn't really speak with anyone, but he's like really keen on the maelstrom. He's over there, actually.

Pashgir points out a small figure standing at the end of the furthest pier - as close as possible to the maelstrom - who is indeed wearing a pointy hat, and leaning on a staff twice his height.

Ahh, what else, what else. There's Glum. Called Glum the Greedy, or Glum the watch-your-gold, or old-no-fair-deals Glum. If you don't mention me, you may get ... I dunno, screwed slightly less? He's the merchant. And there's the drow, led by Malicsandra. They only deal with their own. And do not test my word, here. Female drow are not to be trifled with. Also, don't go around town bragging that you killed Menthelius. Ryn will tell her, inevitably, but let that be that.

Don't. Start anything. With the drow.

HalfelfWarlockmale.jpg.b58f87e925fea57099a4534a1362b4d5.jpg

Panorin Warlock of Lumia

AC: 15 | Hp:10 /25 Speed: 30 ft. Level: 4 

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2872388

Pact with Patron: Archfey Verenestra.
Pact Boon: Pact of the Chain (Find familiar spell is learnt) summon a pseudodragon.
Eldritch Invocation: Agonizing blast Charisma modifier added to the damage Eldritch blast does on a hit.

Armour of shadows: Able to cast mage armour at will; without expending spell slot or material components.

PACT DETAILS: His tongue is an unnatural blue colour; he must announce the name of his Patron Verenestra every time an invocation is used or risk displeasure with her.

Once, docked and back on dry land the idea of going shopping and restocking makes sense; but he looks out for Kelia and approaches her again. He will make an effort to square off the deal with Krgh-âahn first and get his share of both the gold and booty. (OOC I've amended my character sheet to include this now)

you"Kelia, perhaps you would like to go over the details of your quest once again; like where exactly your going? and what we may be facing if we accompany you. I will need first to square off the deal with Krgh-âahn, and then res-stock supplies. I don't mind coming along if the reward equals the risk,"? he asks.

"My memory is a bit hazy, but I believe I am taking some ore to the deep dwarves, who will give something in exchange, which I then have to take to the temple of earth.

I can pay you each fifty gold, possibly more depending on what my share of the loot is from selling the equipment.

In terms of dangers, one potential route takes us past some ghouls, who might grant us safe passage if we have some exotic bones. I have some wyvern bones which should hopefully suffice.

Actually, just remembered, once we get back, and make the delivery to the temple of earth, will be enough for a thousand gold each."

Kelia states.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

bard.png.ca14f5804350d59d461a75a16aea84c2.png Sinwen Ravenhair

Half-Elf Bard, College of Valour Lvl 4 | HP: 15/24 | AC: 13 | Init: +3 | PP: 12 | Speed: 9 metres
Coins 0 GP 0 SP | Rapier A:+5 D:1d8+3 T:finesse

Spells: lvl1: 4/4, lvl2: 3/3

Sinwen doesn't wake up before they reach sinkhole. There she tries to spend her money to replenish her missing equipment.

pete2.jpeg.63deae77e7cdfdeeeaf44d0bb3e5e195.jpegms. 'Blueblood' Pirate, Rogue, Swashbuckler, Duelist, Criminal...
Young adult 5'11 female human variant fighter, CN eldritch knight 4

Gear .. Mage armor, leather outfit, drow weapons belt, drow short sword +1, dark elf boots, dark elf cloak, pouch, dagger, vials (healing potion, poison) ...bonded ...Menthelius' longsword, Whip
spell... Casting +4, Save DC 12 ..known.. mage armor, shield, protection from good / evil, thunderwave ..slots (3)

*FIFTY GOLD PIECES*

Looking out at the Docks and the Port of Sinkhole, it was clear ths was an enclave of Goblinkind and Dark Elves. In hrt ytavvels as a pirate with hre father there had been many half human sailors, half orc's and such. Ms. Bueblood recalled a bugbear amongst her fathers crew... A crew of Goblins, Hob-goblins and Orcs wasn't what she had anticipated, but may be all that was available.

These thoughts were on her mind as Kelia relayed her offer to help deliver cargo to the dwarves... for 50 gp... plus all the treasure they find along the way.

"not a bad alternative" ms. Blueblood thought... and then Kelia mentioned the Ghouls again, and the chance to offer them Wyvern bones was kinda weird.

"... Aye... Shopping first " ... no one was in a hurry it seemed, and ms. Blueblood was going to enjoy her shore leave now she was free...

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

And so the barge pulls quayside, ropes are tossed and secured, and Pashgir and Krgh-âahn settle into familiar roles of haggling with everyone over everything. Pashgir aggressive, and Krgh-âahn stoick.

Ryn makes good on his promise, selling off all remaining drow loot, and bringing back a substantial amount of gold, all neatly secured in a small chest. Then he and the remaining drow set off in their boat, up the other river. You notice that on departure, they're all armed and armored again - although not in drow crafted gear.

Flush with gold, the party descends on the market. You can buy most everything you desire here - so long as you don't desire anything magical outside simple potions or scrolls.

There are some inns here as well - as one would expect in a busy port town. One called Hole in the Ground, right on the docks, seems ... aggressively succesful, with the sound of music and laughter pouring from open doors. You hear of another, The Glimmerdark Hostelry, located further back and higher. It's mentioned in hushed whispers - like it's either dangerous, or very expensive.

Buy any mundane gear you want and can afford. If you want to pursue magic items, finding a broker is the only way to look for such things - unless I present opportunities for you - and it's done in character, so you cannot ask for a +3 Wyrmtongue claymore. Also, magic items with abilities are unique. In other words, if you get your hands on Wyrmtongue - it's the only one of it's kind. There are multiple rings of invisibility, but they each do something different - invisibility, and something else, or under certain circumstances, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

pete2.jpeg.63deae77e7cdfdeeeaf44d0bb3e5e195.jpegms. 'Blueblood' Pirate, Rogue, Swashbuckler, Duelist, Criminal...
Young adult 5'11 female human variant fighter, CN eldritch knight 4

Gear .. Mage armor, leather outfit, drow weapons belt, drow short sword +1, dark elf boots, dark elf cloak, pouch, dagger, vials (healing potion, poison), Ryn's Spellbook ...bonded ...Menthelius' longsword, Whip
spell... Casting +4, Save DC 12 ..known.. mage armor, shield, protection from good / evil, thunderwave ..slots (3)

*SHOPPING*

ms. Blueblood was dressed like a drow from the cloak she wore down to the boots she chose to wear for the occasion.

It was time to explore 'Sinkhole''... at least it wasn't too smelly, maybe thats why the Drow had their own quarter. It would be her cover to wear a veil depending who asked.

Beneath her cloak she carried a sword hanging from her weapon belt. She was a duelist afterall and carried a fine sword to complete the look... It was time to go shopping.

Stepping down the ramp and onto the Sinkhole docks, ms. Blueblood strode confidently towards the market with a bounce in her stride, taking note of any drow on the way. She wanted to check out the latest in drow fashion shoes, that was on the top of her priority list. Finding out what her new sword could do was a close second... she needed to talk to a Wizard, and there was one crazy dude at the end of the docks who looked like he may indeed be.

"Let's go shopping... I'd like some new Drow shoes..."

Blueblood smiled beneath her veil, she looked like a pirate dressed up as a Drow as she walked through the market area. There were many things that caught her attention...

s h o p p i n g - l i s t

Drow gear

Spidersilk gown
Mask
high heeled shoes
Cloak
Ring
components pouch

Boltcases (3) - 60 hand crossbow bolts
maps - underdark

Scrolls - Spells

Other Gear

Tailored black leather swimming outfit
Maps - Underdark
mapcase, water tight leather
Book - underdark Survival
Powdered silver (spell component)

Leather backpack
- 10 day rations
- 1 waterskin, 1 wineskin, 1 flask of rum,
- 5 Sunrods, tinderbox,
- 50' silken rope w/ grappling hook

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

HalfelfWarlockmale.jpg.7b2648461a3affb68005b2a39127e015.jpg

Panorin Warlock of Lumia

AC: 15 | Hp:10 /25 Speed: 30 ft. Level: 4 

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2872388

Pact with Patron: Archfey Verenestra.
Pact Boon: Pact of the Chain (Find familiar spell is learnt) summon a pseudodragon.
Eldritch Invocation: Agonizing blast Charisma modifier added to the damage Eldritch blast does on a hit.

Armour of shadows: Able to cast mage armour at will; without expending spell slot or material components.

PACT DETAILS: His tongue is an unnatural blue colour; he must announce the name of his Patron Verenestra every time an invocation is used or risk displeasure with her.

Panorin, donned some Drowish leather armour and gear to look presentable to the public as he stepped out into the Sinkhole to explore and shop mostly for mundane items. He had his short sword and hand crossbow, dagger, leather armour and coin pouch concealed under a cloak; as causing any trouble was the last thing on his mind. It was shopping that he needed to do first off.

First, on the to-do list was to acquire some necessary basic adventuring gear apart from the gear acquired from the Drow booty in the first place.

• Traveling clothes. x1
  • Boltcases (3) 60 hand crossbow bolts.
  • Wineskin x1
  • Explorers pack x1 (includes a backpack, water skin plus rations etc.)
  • Miners pick x1
  • Navigators tools x1
  • Hunting trap x1
  • Grappling hook x1   
  • Piton x1

Some other items he needed to go and enquire perhaps from the wizard Krzsysztof in that pointy hat? As was earlier pointed out, he may know where to acquire some things. The basic adventuring gear listed above he sourced in the marketplace; however the following items listed below he seeks someone who knows where to purchase at the right price. Starting with the Wizard as the first port of call.

• healing potion x1
  • poison potion x1
  • Anti-toxin vial x1
  • Rod of the Pact Keeper +2 (if available here?) x1 (only)

He haggles for the cheapest price wherever he can for both mundane, potions, and the pact-keeper! and where to source it.

Edited by Dorik (see edit history)
Name
Investigation
1d20+4 12
Persuasion for mundane in the markets.
1d20+6 15

You both quickly realise that being sufficiently deep in the underdark puts you at a distinct disadvantage.

Topside, the common trade language - Groath - is that of the Empire, meaning you can speak with basically everyone. Here, the dominant languages are goblin and sinrethiel (the language of the drow), neither of which you understand. If you spoke sperethiel (the language of the surface elves) that might have been enough to get by, but as it is, you're somewhat stumped.

It turns out, however, that some merchants speak Toplandish - their word for Groath. You cannot, however, even remotely hide the fact that you are, indeed, from the overworld.

You have no problem finding whatever mundane items you seek. Simply subtract gold, and add items to sheet.

Simple potions - primarily healing - can also be bought at well-stocked store, or from an alchemist or herbalist.

For real magic items, you'll need to approach either Krzyzstof or Glum. They are both easy to find.