Allera Lorabelis, Half-elf (future Divination) Wizard

Dixi

Allera Lorabelis

Alchemist and Diviner, apprentice of Allustan Neff

spacer.png

"The future, a canvas awaiting the strokes of those who wield the brush of prescience"

WIZARD 1

Medium humanoid female (Half-Elf), neutral

Armor Class 12 (15 mage armor)

Hit Points 8
Speed 30' ft.

Senses Darkvision 60' ft.

Languages common, draconic, elvish

Proficiency Bonus +2

ABILITIES & SKILLS
Proficiency Bonus: +2

Strength 8 (-1)
Save -1 
Athletics -1

Dexterity 14 (+2) 
Save +2 
Acrobatics +2 | Sleight of Hand +2 | Stealth +2

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +2
No skills associated.

Intelligence 17 (+3)
Save +5 
Arcana +5 | History +3 | Investigation +3 | Nature +3 | Religion +3

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +3
Animal Handling +1 | Insight +3 | Medicine +1 | Perception +1 | Survival +1

Charisma 11 (+0) 
Save +0
Deception +0 | Intimidation +0 | Performance +0 | Persuasion +2

* Advantage against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep

SPELLS

SPELL SLOTS 2(1st)

• Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack Mod: +5 | Spells Prepared: 5

CANTRIPS

Mind Sliver

Mage Hand

Prestidigitation

FIRST LEVEL

Detect Magic

Identify

Mage Armor

Magic Missile

Shield

WIZARD'S SPELLBOOK
These spells are not available unless they have been prepared ahead of time. (Unless they are a ritual.)

FIRST LEVEL

Detect Magic (Rit)

Identify (Rit)

Mage Armor

Magic Missile

Shield

Unseen Servant (Rit)

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE (54.08 lbs.)

• Weight: 15 lbs. / 120 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH

Copper: 0 | Silver: 0 | Gold: 10 | Obsidian: 0 | Platinum: 0

EQUIPEMENT READIED (21 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor None
  • Weapons  Dagger  
  • Readied Items Arcane Focus (Crystal)

EQUIPMENT

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack: Mess Kit, Spellbook, (10) Sheets of Parchment, Bottle of Ink, Ink Pen, Small Knife, Leather Satchel containing perfume recipes and research notes, chemical and botanical samples, etc.; 1d4 metal or crystal (shatter-proof) perfume bottles, a set of fine clothes, and a silk purse containing 10 gp.
  • Shards of Black "Glass" A few shards of an unidentifiable shiny black substance that feels like stone. It is slightly cold to the touch. (10gp)

APPEARANCE

Age 19 | Height 5' 6" | Weight 126 lbs. | Hair Raven Black| Eyes Golden Brown | Complexion Fair

Allera is a young woman, possessing features that hint at both the elven grace and the vibrancy of humans. Her dark, flowing hair cascades down her shoulders, framing a sharp-featured face with high cheekbones and golden-brown eyes that seem to hold the secrets of the cosmos (or, at least, she tries to emulate such mystique). She moves with a measured confidence that blends elven poise and human passion. Allera's attire is a mix of practicality and elegance, reflecting her dual identity as both a humble wizard apprentice and a denizen of a more refined world.

She could be called pretty, even beautiful but her self-imposed role of a Diviner, albite in training, makes her demeanour somewhat aloof, keeping others at arm's length. The makeup she wears is chosen deliberately (as everything she does or says), and adds years to her visage, cultivating an older appearance. This innocent disguise serves a dual purpose: to command the respect befitting a seasoned Diviner and to express that mystical aura of "the one who gazes into the threads of fate".

BACKGROUND

Bourgundian Parfumier
Source Kobold Press

• Personality Traits: I can seem distant and introverted. I listen more than I speak.
  • Ideals: I will do whatever it takes to become the elite that I was meant to be.
  • Bonds: I will return to Bourgund someday and have revenge upon the elitist perfume consortium and corrupt shipping magnates who ruined my family.
  • Flaws: I am driven to reclaim the status and respect of the social and scientific elite and will sacrifice much to gain it.

Background Feature: 

Aromas and Odors and Airs Oh My

When given access to proper equipment and supplies (discuss with your GM), you may as a downtime activity choose to craft one of the following (per week) at 1/2 the normal cost in time and resources:

5 samples of fine perfume (value 10 gp ea.), 2 vials of acid (value 25 gp ea.), or 1 vial of perfume toxique (value 50 gp; treat as improvised, thrown weapon with a range of 25 ft. that, when exposed to air, fills a 15-ft.-x-15-ft. cube for 1d4 rounds with noxious and caustic fumes and vapours).

Any creature beginning or ending its turn in this “fumigated” area of effect is treated as blinded. Utilizing an action to make a successful DC 13 Constitution check will end the effect.

BACKSTORY

Since a very young age, Allera knew who she wanted to be - one of those mysterious and captivating fortune tellers whose very names elicited hushed reverence among the highborn. Alas, her fate as the daughter of one of the most famous perfumers in Bourgund was sealed the moment she was born. Even when her magical talent manifested, she found herself ensnared by familial expectations, destined to use her gift for the family's gains alongside her other innate abilities.

Allera did not rebel against her destiny, at least not openly. She grew, learning both magic and alchemy, visibly aligning herself with the family's plans. Unfortunately, trade in general, and the perfume trade in particular, is a perilous undertaking. A succession of unforeseen attacks from competitors and a sudden betrayal of an ally, manipulated by a corrupt consortium, left the Lorabelis family on the brink of ruin, losing almost everything.

To ensure his daughter's safety, Allera's father sent her to a wizard who owed him a favour - Allustan Neff, currently residing in Diamond Lake. Allera became his apprentice, bidding farewell to her cushioned and comfortable life. Her background as a perfumer alchemist, coupled with her wizardly abilities, proved to be useful enough to the old wizard for him not to regret his generosity. But more importantly, it allowed Allera to pursue her true passion - divination.

She did not forget anything, of course. The corrupt perfume consortium and shipping magnates in Bourgund, who shattered her dreams, still linger as a haunting part of her past. She harbours a burning desire to return to Bourgund someday and settle the score, making her presence in Diamond Lake both a quest for knowledge and a pursuit of retribution.

However, for now, Diamond Lake was her home. Having witnessed the intrigues and industrial espionage of Bourgundian commerce, Allera possessed a pragmatic approach necessary to navigate the harsh reality of the city. Her role as an apprentice to Allustan Neff places her at the center of many events, and she does her best to deal with them.

Despite her reserved demeanor, she actively seeks allies instead of enemies, recognizing the value of connections in the tumultuous political environment of Diamond Lake. According to her own predictions (which she regularly checks), Allera believes that, by playing her cards right, she stands a good chance of success in her dual pursuit of knowledge and retribution.

Edited by Dixi (see edit history)

Great application, love the art choice, solid tie into the campaign. I will be opening an in-character thread for applicants on Monday 1/29/2024 if you would like to participate (not required however).

Good luck on final selection.