Out of Character: The Barge

Gris

I say feed Ryn to the Ghouls ... and we may have an even more Ghoulish Ryn to negiotiate with when we return.

Did someone say platinum ingots ... why didn't you say so before.

For that kind of security I say we take cuts... like ms. Blueblood will take 20 % of the total as ingots or as trade.

If there is no treasure ... why are we going again ?... ms. Blueblood is no small time wage slave !

Maybe she'll get a crew of Sinkhole locals and rob the platinum ingots for a 50% cut of the booty !!!

Well - if I remember correctly, he cast Hold Person and Shadow Blade. Those are all the 2nd level spells he has. For cantrips he has Control Flames, Mage Hand and Light. In 1st level, he has Witch Bolt, Shield, Mage armor and Absorb Elements.

Id consider Absorb Elements next level

... speaking of which... do you think its a good time to mark freedom with a level boost... level 5 gives extra attack for Blueblood

On 4/20/2024 at 12:54 PM, DarkAngel said:

... cookies are two round homemade shortbread rounds stuck together with a tangy lemon icing... just waiting to be eaten.

Sounds delicious. Not enough to warrant free levels, but still .. delicious =)

So .. I hope everyone has updated their character sheets.

Keep in mind, you have 412 gold to share now, but another 4700 will be yours when you reach Sinkhole. For a grand total of 5112 gold pieces. So any gear you feel you desperately need, you can buy there. Propably.

Remember, one of the precepts of this game is that magic items cannot be bought - except for the fact that maybe you can find a broker, and the easiest place to find a broker is Milliwent's Teahouse, in Ghazzad. Didn't I call it Milliwent's? Unclear, I'll have to check.

You should also ID Menthelius' sword, I don't think I've given you a description of it yet, right?

Also, make a not of any drow gear you decide to keep. It will stop being magic the moment it's touched by sunlight.

Oh ... didn't I say? All the drow gear is a flat +1. Shadowforged. Which isn't something you can look up, but that's what it is. And when I say all, that's all the metal gear - swords and armor. Crossbows and leather armor isn't.

You don't know yet. Since you haven't identified them. I know the rules say that ... basically any interaction allows you to identify any magic item. I mostly agree, but not entirely. A +1 weapon is easy to identify. A dagger of venom (Menthelius' off-hand weapon) is quite easy to identify if it's been used against you.

More complex items aren't as readily identified. Say you found a scarab of protection. You put it on, you basically feel the same. How would you divine it's function? You can't until you have to roll a save - and even then, how would you know the scarab helped you.

Menthelius' sword is at least +1, but thus far, you don't know anything else. Well, you know it's not shadowforged, because it isn't a drow weapon.