Samus Fletcher - halfling rogue/sorcerer

BigLee

Sam is a thief who also have certain magic abilities that help him in his adventures. I'll start working on the details and update this post soon. I just wanted to get my toe in the door. :)

Absolutely. I moved the application window up to close on Sunday night since we've had so many people applying, but if you need some additional time please just let us know!

Samus Fletcher
Thief Extraordinaire

SamusFletcher.png.307cd0b76d64ebb2bbc8da437da27251.png  
Basic Information
Sex: Male
Height: 3' 2"
Weight: 40 lbs
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Alignment: Chaotic-good
Background: Criminal
Class: Rogue 1 / Sorcerer 1
Personality

I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy. Friends are easier to steal from.

I'm always looking for something that needs to be taken, especially from someone who doesn't deserve it.

Ideals

Laws are meant to be broken. There are 3 kinds of people: those that don't have, those that shouldn't have and those who try to maintain the balance.

Goals

I think you should strive to be the best you can be, and I only do one thing well - steal.

Flaws

A childhood friend died because I failed to bring back the goods.

Proficiency +2 | AC 13 | Max HP 10 | Speed 25ft | PP 14 | Init +3

str2.png.e28f18e09c1c4130de1dc9d2bec04c13.png
STR
dex2.png.7f5350cce26d63f5478221f23b127ed3.png
DEX
con2.png.1ca5a1057bc81a1cb5439f85d3779cbd.png
CON
int2.png.92877df40da352653b43b401a9bae7ac.png
INT
wis2.png.2a4a8ab162383b807f76b83446a8b167.png
WIS
cha2.png.b5a5e75406429939ada13f255dc3e640.png
CHA
+3
+1
+2
+2
0 SAVE +5 SAVE -1 SAVE +3 SAVE +2 SAVE  
Athletics 0 Acrobatics +5
Sleight of Hand +5
Stealth +7
  Arcana +1
History +1
Investigation +1
Nature +1
Religion +1
Anim Hand +2
Insight +2
Medicine +2
Perception +4
Survival +2
Deception +4
Intimidation +2
Performance +2
Persuasion +4
Appearance

Samus Fletcher looks like your typical halfling. He’s affable and cheerful, with a broad smile on his face and a pep in his step.  He might be having a really good day, or he might have just pocketed a really nice trinket. It’s hard to tell. His wavy brown hair blows easily in the breeze and his emerald eyes never seem to miss very much.  He wears no armor under his dark hooded cloak, but his daggers are never out of reach. He doesn’t speak much, preferring rather to listen. When he does speak, his voice is quiet and pitched lower than you might expect from a three-foot-tall creature.  He is graceful and quiet when he moves - if you notice him at all.

Background

Sam grew up an orphan on the streets.  Well, technically he was raised in an orphanage run by old lady Dagney. But she used the kids, teaching them to steal and hustle for her. She ran dice and card games for the local gamblers. It was a rough life, but at the same time, it was sometimes fun and exciting too.  On a good day, the kids that were the most profitable got an extra serving of slop. It was a good reward for a starving kid.

As a thief, Samus was better than most. Of course, being a halfling helped a lot, but there was more to it than just that.  Samus learned that he could do things the other kids could not.  He could move things with his mind, create light when it was dark, even shock someone just by touching them. He didn't tell anyone about his 'special power' at the orphanage. If Old Lady Dagney knew, there's no telling what she'd do with him. And while most of the kids were good, several of them would hand over their own mother to get on Dagney's good side.

Between his innate abilities as a halfling, and his special ‘powers’, ironically, Samus became the ‘big kid’ in the orphanage. More often than not, he was able to bring back enough to satisfy old Lady Dagney with some extra hidden somewhere to buy extra food for the other kids. He came to think of himself as the protector and provider for his brothers and sisters. But he always had to be careful to hide. He had to hide his powers. He had to hide it when he would sneak in extras. He learned to be fiercely loyal to his real friends. And at the same time to be very untrusting of others.

Knives

• Borgil - a dwarf child in the orphanage with Samus who was 'adopted' and was never heard from again. Samus always suspected something about that was amiss.
  • Old Lady Dagney - Samus thinks often about going back and simply killing her. He feels guilting for having the thought.
  • Halfling racism - Samus was picked on often by the bigger kids because of his size.
  • When he thinks no one is looking, Samus can be seen fondling some sort of talisman around his neck. In reality, it's nothing but a length of wire wrapped several times into a small circle hinging from his neck by a piece of string. It was a gift to him by Pansy, a halfling at the girl's orphanage and Sam's first love.
  • Like any orphan, Sam always wondered about his parents. Where they dead or alive? Did one of them share his 'special power'?
  • Sam had plenty of things in his childhood that should have scared the crap out of him. But the only thing that ever truly bothered him was the fact that hated the water. He often had nightmares of drowning.

What do you expect from this game?
Character growth over character advancement (although levels and loot are always a good thing), and not just my character but all the characters as they work together. Building off of each other to find creative solutions to whatever we find. Mainly having a good time being creative and (dare I say?) social.
What do you expect from me (The GM?)
Keep the game fun for all. Try and keep us from doing anything too stupid, but if we do, at least make the consequences interesting.
What do you expect from other players?
Have fun, participate and remember to keep IC and OOC separate (ie. we could be best friends and our characters hate each other).

Edited by BigLee (see edit history)