OOC and Roll Thread

saithor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Neopopulas you can spend a mettle to take an extra action as well, and regain 1 mettle per turn up to your maximum, so when you've only 1 mettle there's really no reason not to spend it.

Though I think you can spend it on other things too like double your focus or training. Not sure if you can double your focus twice, and whether that would give you a total of 6 or 8, but that could potentially give you another 1 or two rounds?

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

All seems to make sense to me. The rat swarm 2 needs to make a soul(determination ) test DN4:3 or be frightened of Caith as well thanks to his Disquieting Presence. Whilst I assume frightened doesn't stack, I also assume creatures can be frightened of multiple things in terms of movement.

Does Rat swam 2 deal a flat 2 damage or 2 + S for a total of 3?

53 minutes ago, PureChance said:

All seems to make sense to me. The rat swarm 2 needs to make a soul(determination ) test DN4:3 or be frightened of Caith as well thanks to his Disquieting Presence. Whilst I assume frightened doesn't stack, I also assume creatures can be frightened of multiple things in terms of movement.

Does Rat swam 2 deal a flat 2 damage or 2 + S for a total of 3?

Sorry, that should be +S not +2

@Ironblaze don't forget everyone automatically regains 1 mettle each round, so any round you don't spend at least 1 mettle when you're already at max mettle is effectively a wasted resource.

You can use it to take a second action (eg attack again, attack and dodge, attack and defend), or double either training or focus for a single dice pool.

So the Scinari Loreseeker has the ability Scinari Contemplation. Basically this means that so long as i don't do the same action twice in a row, i get a bonus. Does that include using mettle to get an extra action on the same turn, or does it depend on what you did on that turn.

Example 1; Using Mettle to not attack twice but instead do something else (double training/focus, dodge, etc)
Turn 1: Cast spell + Dodge
Turn 2: Attack + Double training
Turn 3: Cast Spell (Double focus on channeling) + Dodge

Example 2; Using mettle to attack twice
Turn 1: Cast Spell + Attack (Double focus on Weapon Skill)
Turn 2: Cast Spell + Attack (Double focus on Weapon Skill)

They both make sense to me, i'm just not 100% sure on whether 'on your previous turn' means your entire turn (everything you do that turn) or if it means the last thing you did. I think it probably means example 1 (because if you do both casting and attacking in a single turn its still 'on your turn') but i'm not sure because it feels like using mettle to make take an extra action is a special condition.