Out of Character Discussion

Butchern

You can find enough scrap planks in the barn to make a path across the hole, but that will take time. As long as you don't mind taking that extra time, it is fine with me. With the boards, you can cross the hole without having to roll, so long as you can go as slowly and carefully as you need to. If you needed to cross in a hurry . . . for some reason . . . some horrible reason . . . you will have to roll DEX to keep from falling in.

sounds reasonable, i'd like to try the rope "guardrails" bit, perfectly reasonable to say that it would be flimsy or what have you and not provide mechanically meaningful support.

So, Coupard cracks. I think the most appropriate option for his "bout of madness" is "Flee in Panic." So, Coupard stands up and runs as fast as he can for the exit. Go ahead and make that post @matt_s. In your post get as far as the "bridge" you made. We'll cross that in the next round.

Of course, this is going to wake up all of the creatures. I'm making that post right now. @Sir Lazeabout, what are you going to do?

Three of the creatures alight upon Malcolm and begin pecking him.

I used the command line and screwed the rolls up. Trying again.

@Sir Lazeabout, that's a regular success for one of the critters. You can try to dodge the attack, or you can try to fight back. Roll either Fighting or Dodge. If you roll Fighting, you will need a "Hard Success" (1/2 your skill) to avoid damage and to deal damage of your own. If you roll Dodge, any success will be a miss for the critter.

@matt_s as you hit the makeshift bridge, you need to roll to get successfully across. I'll take Climb, Jump, or Dexterity, but since you are panicked and insane, you need to a hard success (1/2 your skill).

Edited by Butchern (see edit history)
Name
1d100
SyntaxError: Unexpected token 1
peck 1 vs. 30%
1d100
SyntaxError: Unexpected token 2
peck 2 vs. 30%
1d100
SyntaxError: Unexpected token 3
peck 3 vs. 30%
Peck 1 vs. 30%
1d100 20
Peck 2 vs. 30%
1d100 100
Peck 3 vs. 30%
1d100 75

DEX should be higher than untrained either of those. 43 DEX, need 21 for hard success.

... and looks like Coupard is BOUND FOR THE HOLE 🥳

(even if he burned literally every point of luck)

Edited by matt_s (see edit history)
Name
dex
1d100 79

@matt_s, well, since it looks like Malcolm is about to meet his maker, you can decide how. Does he fall into darkness, never to be seen again. Does he stumble across the bridge and get devoured by bird creatures. Does he fall and break his neck. I'll let you decide and post.

Good game. 😄

@Sir Lazeabout, are you rolling Dodge or Fighting?