Out of Character Discussion

Butchern

Everything that is "out of character" goes in this thread, in the "Cast of Characters" forum (if it better fits there), or in the Discord. Dice rolls go here. The IC thread is reserved for "in-character" or "story" posts.

Some things to remember:

-I will update this game every other day. On occasion, when work interrupts, I will only be able to post three times a week. Unless you can keep this pace, you should not apply to this game. I'm pretty regular with my posting, and I plan to be ruthless to characters who fall behind in posting.

-We will have an "Out of Character" thread for posting all things that are not in-game fiction. This includes spoilers, mouse-overs/hover text, OOC comments, dice rolls, etc. None of these should go in the "In Character" game thread. Only fiction goes there.

-Keep the formatting to a minimum. No colored text (because you do not know what theme your readers are using), and keep the pictures to a minimum. No posting your character "stat block" in every IC post (all OOC content should go in the OOC thread!). Baldr gives players a whole new set of tools to format posts, including editing the HTML source of a post. Avoid as much of that as you can in this game.

And away we go!

If you want to see pictures, free free to google up pictures of the Francis Marion Hotel (built in the early 20s). The Swamp Fox is a restaurant in the hotel, but I've made it into a "tea room" (bar?) for the purposes of our game.

Everyone order a drink (with discretion if you are ordering a spirit of some sort 😄) and use the opportunity to introduce your character. No one post again until everyone has posted or until I post.

I will post again, on Friday morning EDT.

@Butchern I added this:

"Abraham Broder was a dear friend and mentor to me. He was also a serious sort, so if he left us this message then he considered it important. He was not a silly man, so this is likely no game."

If it is wrong or the wrong tone, feel free to edit.

Also, everyone, I kind of dispensed with the "reluctant investigator" bit and jumped right into the "what do we do next" thing. I am not unhappy with how the scene is going nor am I trying to hurry things along.

sure re: what do to next, my view is that in general "pushing the action along" is very much a good thing in pbp and "off to the lab to look at ye olde rock" was pretty much exactly along the lines of what my vote would be to do in any case

I searched and searched but couldn't find a 1920s menu from anywhere in SC. I did find this from 1945. The prices are wrong, prohibition is over, and it probably reflects war-time rationing of some sort, but it might help people order.

381932189384-2_2048x2048.jpg.a68c9aa9608ed14ad910042ae0a0afe8.jpg

Here is a menu from 1920, Washing, DC.
screen-shot-2018-11-30-at-6-04-15-am.png.aa5ee0d1ce45e780392a0dccf6c84d96.png

23 hours ago, Sir Lazeabout said:

"And in the meantime, we might also make some discreet inquiries to the people who saw Mr. Broder during his last days. Perhaps someone noticed something in his behaviour or activities that might shed some light on this mystery."

21 hours ago, matt_s said:

Perhaps while I am engaged on this scholarly endeavor, someone will venture to run down some information this Stephanie Ramirez.

49 minutes ago, LaChupa said:

"I may know how to find Señorita Ramirez," Maria said to Livingstone

All of these are excellent plans. We will tackle them one at a time, because, if I had time to make two posts in a day, I'd be running another game. 😄 Likely, for the duration of this entire game, the party will remain unsplit.

When I post again tomorrow it will be Tuesday in-game (to give everyone time to clear their schedules, make their excuses, etc.) and we will have gathered at the geology lab, unless you all would like to investigate something else first. If so, say so, preferably IC.

Butchern
 —
08/05/2022
If y'all want to RP another round of ordering food (which is always fun), go for it. We won't draw this out, so no worries there.

Also, before y'all leave the table, I'd love to hear a story from everyone about their relationship with Broder. Celebrate the man's life and influence and all that . . . and reveal a bit more about your character.

Since Caystodd was the only one who did that, I'm going to give her a little reward: @Caystodd, you can have either a bonus point of SAN or a bonus point of LUCK (to add to your current total). 😄

@matt_ssince you have likely been working on this for a day or more, let's start with the obvious. Make a Geology roll. Because you have Geology at 80% you will absolutely find out something, how much you find out will be determined by how well you roll: failure, success, hard success, or an extreme success.

Edited by Butchern (see edit history)

We are still playing out the Geology roll, so don't be dismayed if this doesn't look like a ton of good information. 😄

Everyone can talk to one another, ask Coupard questions about his findings (I will feed him the answers 😄), or talk to Bart. When I post again on Thursday morning, we'll fire up the cloud chamber and see what happens.