Out of Character Discussion

Butchern

I'm not sure how everyone feels about metagaming, but since Livingston hasn't seen the bird, I'll just spoiler this. (these are Cassie's ideas not Livingston's). 😄

Show this

Since the pulsing stops when the sample and the cloud are completely covered but it appears that the interference/signal/whatever isn't passing from the sample to the cloud or vice versa, then it stands to reason that it might be coming from somewhere outside. I'd try putting the lead just between the window where he saw the bird and the sample and/or the cloud to see what happens.

For the sake of time, I'll tell you that the pulsing will not resume in this scene, so you don't have to worry about waiting for it. Also, the cloud chamber has returned to normal operation. If you get radioactive samples and expose them to the cloud chamber, it will do exactly what it is supposed to do.

@matt_s you are sort of in charge of the sample. Are you good with leaving it with Thompson?

@DogTheGoblin google tells me that the total darkroom time for a bunch of images might not be more than an hour or two by the 1920s. So as soon as we get some downtime (up to y'all when), we can have the photos developed. You don't have any reason to suspect that the photos will reveal anything other than what your eyes saw, but you never know. 😄

The sample I think I will store in a safe or lockbox if I have it. If not, then the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" strategy of hiding it in a nondescript box in a large pile heh.

I think the other main ideas we had were running down Ramirez or figuring out the last days of Broder/Broder more generally. I am ok with both since I did drag everyone on the SCIENCE ADVENTURE.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:48 AM, matt_s said:

The sample I think I will store in a safe or lockbox if I have it. If not, then the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" strategy of hiding it in a nondescript box in a large pile heh.

I think the other main ideas we had were running down Ramirez or figuring out the last days of Broder/Broder more generally. I am ok with both since I did drag everyone on the SCIENCE ADVENTURE.

Sure. You can have a safe in your lab and/or at home. I'm fine with either.

As for next steps (to flesh out your list):

- Follow-up on Livingston's suggestion and ask around the building about the equipment and/or other anomalies.

- Ramirez

- Broder's last days/death/etc.

- The key

Those are the obvious ones.

Update tomorrow, probably in the evening.

I'm short on time tonight. Crazy day.

It looks like the next step for what Livingston suggested is to start asking around the science building to see if anyone else has experienced anything strange while Thompson goes off to check the cloud chamber to be sure it is operating correctly. It looks like everyone else agrees.

Getting the professors and staff to stop what they are doing in the middle of the day will take some doing. I think that is a Credit Rating roll to see if someone will make the time. I think@Caystodd and @matt_s have the highest credit rating, but I'll take the first two rolls from whoever likes their chances. 😄 If either succeed, then someone will make the time to speak to you.

matt_s suggested pulling a bit of a ruse, so once the talking starts, we'll need a Fast Talk from Coupard.

Edited by Butchern (see edit history)

rolls go here.

ok, so fast talk is interesting. I suppose the obvious conclusion once the "target" realizes Coupard is full of it is that he/Thompson are hiding something related to their own research, but have no good sense of what that could be.

Edited by matt_s (see edit history)
Name
CR (compare to 40 for normal success)
1d100 28
fast talk (compare to 5 (ruh oh))
1d100 58