Out of Character Discussion

Butchern

@Caystodd Broder died of a heart attack. No autopsy was performed, but you knew his doctor, and death by heart attack, at his age, is not at all out of the ordinary. If, at some point, you have evidence that causes you to doubt what you know, you can investigate further.

Everyone, what do you do now? I'm open to any lines of inquiry. Let me know what you want to do and we'll talk about what rolls (if any) might be appropriate. Keep your actions and inquiries to a relatively short span of time, since you don't know how long the phenomenon will last.

For the record:

Caystodd — Today at 8:46 PM
@Butchern Livingston has Pharmacy and Biology. Would either of those help in figuring out what is happening with the cloud chamber?

Butchern — Today at 8:55 PM
I guess you'd know that it is very unlikely that the cause of the track on the cloud chamber is dangerous to y'all in the room. And you'd know that the track isn't caused by x-rays (x-rays were in use in the 1920s by doctors? I'm pretty sure.). 😄

Caystodd — Today at 8:56 PM
👍

@Sir Lazeabout since the barrier ideas was yours, roll Luck to see if there is any lead available to act as a barrier. If there isn't, you all can improvise some sort of metal barrier. There is probably something in the room that will work.

In my next post, Thompson will return with a camera. It will take a minute to set up. He knows how to operate it, but if it comes down to the wire, I might be looking for a Photography roll from Stone, so @DogTheGoblin feel free to offer your services when Thompson returns.

2 hours ago, Butchern said:

@Sir Lazeabout since the barrier ideas was yours, roll Luck to see if there is any lead available to act as a barrier. If there isn't, you all can improvise some sort of metal barrier. There is probably something in the room that will work.

In my next post, Thompson will return with a camera. It will take a minute to set up. He knows how to operate it, but if it comes down to the wire, I might be looking for a Photography roll from Stone, so @DogTheGoblin feel free to offer your services when Thompson returns.

Naturally, always happy to help 😄

Okay, you are getting your pictures and have discovered that lead can stop whatever is causing the tracks or the glowing. You have tried:

- Putting the aprons between the sample and the cloud chamber - no effect.

- Covering the sample - it stops glowing so long as it is covered.

- Covering the cloud chamber - it stops pulsing and making tracks so long as it is covered.

Do you want to try anything else?

my ideas from IC post

Moving the sample (almost certainly easier than the cloud chamber) closer/farther from the cloud chamber as well as around the room, nothing any changes

Checking magnetic disruption with compass/iron filings/random electronics we have handy

Grabbing photo of the birb

anyone else with ideas, chip in 🙂