Out of Character Discussion

Butchern

Posted. Y'all all introduce yourselves. @matt_s talk as much or as little as you like, but when you get to the part where you start to BS him, roll Fast Talk. 😄

(Or, if someone else has a better Fast Talk, feel free to jump in, post your BS, and make the roll. 😄

i already rolled fast talk (previous OOC post, with the credit rating roll) and failed it. I'll update in a few minutes. If someone has other stuff they'd like to say to "ol Tom Derry" they are more than welcome, especially if they are better as weaving a yarn than I am.

Edited by matt_s (see edit history)

On 8/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, matt_s said:

i already rolled fast talk (previous OOC post, with the credit rating roll) and failed it.

Ha! I must have looked at your post right between rolls. That will teach me.

Sorry about missing a turn, lost track for a moment there xD Didn't want to overstep people's attempts to bamboozle, figured I'd get the group to know about the bird (vaguely) and somewhat distract the chairman without Martin intentionally doing so

ok, if "ol' Derry" confronts us about our collective story being obviously B.S., I will make a followup post basically saying that (1) yeah we are experimenting on something strange (2) it's held in confidence (3) we don't know what it is doing/how its doing it either (4) its passive observation, not active experiment (5) offer to cut him in on the eventual paper

the above is not yet said IC

On 8/26/2022 at 3:32 AM, Sir Lazeabout said:

Let's see if I can salvage the situation. A 50% score means I should succeed as often as I fail, right? 😉

ETA: Curse you, unreliable laws of probability! 😞

When it comes to most skills, you only get one bite at the apple—one roll per scene unless something changes significantly. You don't get to keep rolling until it works. 😄 Clearly the dice gods know this and responded appropriately.

@matt_s he isn't going to confront y'all. He's just going to roll his eyes and go back to work. "Well, actually-ing" the chemistry professor as to how chemical reactions and cosmic radiation work on top of the bad lying and bird question are the last nail in the coffin of this conversation. 😄

Posted. Sorry I didn't get to it yesterday. Crazy evening.

Where too now?

spacer.png

Figured it might've been xD At least the bird is out of the bag now.

As for where to next, Martin would consider the library real quick for any mention of strange anomalies. But if the group is done with the lab OOC and IC, we could try and track down Stephanie Ramirez or see if the key belongs to anything

It wasn't a complete failure. We know that the strange phenomena was happening all over the building. We know that the glowing stone is the result of whatever is happening, probably not the cause. And we suspect the bird as either cause or result, but definitely weird. Also, we have a new lead: the library.

I moved us outside in my post just for style. If y'all want to be inside again, I'll edit my post.

@Butchern, can I look at the card the name is written on to see if I recognize where it might be from, like a doctor's office or dentist or whatever? Narrow the search. I could roll Medicine. 😄

ร—
ร—