Enabling CSS properties

Cairo

Hello!

When writing custom CSS code for my posts I sometimes come across CSS properties that work in the WYSIWYG editor but get removed when the post is published / saved. With some of them I can guess at the reason - some positioning stuff for instance might allow "breaking out of the post" to cause visual issues with the site layout.

Sometimes the reasons aren't so obvious however. I was wondering if users can request enabling new CSS properties in posts, or if this is something you can't adjust due to technical or usability reasons?

One that comes to mind right away is border-image (W3Schools documentation), which allows defining an image to use as a border for example in a fieldset (screenshot from MW WYSIWYG editor):

IMG_2918.jpeg.c89081cfc0f05df7dfd349844e043d77.jpeg

Usually, these mismatches stem from the fact that Invision by default doesn't allow source editing, so their restrictions are independent of what the Source plugin affords. It's not technically hard to change, but it does require pushing a code change to our customizations. Putting requests here in Site Feedback is the way to go--though I will warn that these are typically very low on the priority list.

Added to the feature request queue.