players lounge

Couple of quick questions

(1) We're on "our" ship right now yes? So we can leave stuff here and expect to retrieve it after the mission?

(2) How does this feature " when you are fully submerged, any creature that is also fully submerged can understand your speech, and you can understand theirs" interact with sea creatures, such as either random passing fish or Jubal-Kraken? I'd assumed it to intended to be similar to constant beast speech underwater to allow you to communicate with underwater creatures, but it's slightly oddly worded...

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, PureChance said:

Couple of quick questions

(1) We're on "our" ship right now yes? So we can leave stuff here and expect to retrieve it after the mission?

(2) How does this feature " when you are fully submerged, any creature that is also fully submerged can understand your speech, and you can understand theirs" interact with sea creatures, such as either random passing fish or Jubal-Kraken? I'd assumed it to intended to be similar to constant beast speech underwater to allow you to communicate with underwater creatures, but it's slightly oddly worded...

DM

1. Yes... 'The Sweet Pea' is a Sloop, a single masted Caravelle which can sail swiftly between larger ships as a diplomatic or messenger ship. It is ms. Blueblood's ship with Captain Blueblood's crew, the Bosun, 'Swifty' and 'Golem Fred' onboard... below deck is a Watchman prisoner chained to the hull. No telling what kind of cargo she may be carrying... or where you can sleep below deck... Maybe it's a one way mission ?... Maybe Swifty has already taken your stuff and ...

2. Yes... my Bad, I wasn't aware of this right away !.. so I'm going to have to translate everything for Phlebas... like undersea pirate speak !.. ok.
    and yes and Yes !.. you are going to be understood by every undersea creature casually passing by. Including Sharks who can almost taste your terror !
Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

Hi mw geeks,

I have updated with a new section in Announcements - Mission briefs. (You can refer back to the mission brief there anytime)

Mission : CH 2 : Scuttling of the Mary Rose has begun, interactive map is now available to be edited !

@DragonZaid are you still with us buddy ?

15 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

yeah sorry Ive been unwell... and busy with chasing a new romance.

RL does have it's advantages every now and then 👀

Well hopefully they are willing recipients and you are not about to be arrested for stalking! 😉

Good luck!

39 minutes ago, PureChance said:

Roughly how long time wise has it been since the fight in the tavern? More or Less than an hour?

everyone had a short rest at the Bazaar pier... except for Red Knell, who had been rowing

@DarkAngel For some strange reason, I thought we were in combat rounds, so I only posted one round worth of action. But after seeing your post, I realized my mistake--and that going to combat rounds so soon would only slow the game to a crawl. Consequently, I added a couple of additional sentences to my post, leaving Red Knell at the top of the foremast yard arm, in position to do her thing.