players lounge

Hey guys. So, events with my boy are taking up much more of my free time than I thought. As much as it pains me, I don't see being able to post on the Weave for the foreseeable future. Thank you so much for opening your game and arms to me. Maybe once everything is settled down, you'd consider me again. Wish you all the best!

1 hour ago, Alterangel said:

Hey guys. So, events with my boy are taking up much more of my free time than I thought. As much as it pains me, I don't see being able to post on the Weave for the foreseeable future. Thank you so much for opening your game and arms to me. Maybe once everything is settled down, you'd consider me again. Wish you all the best!

Sorry to lose you, Alterangel. Hope your home situation improves.

3 hours ago, Alterangel said:

yeah... we can keep the ships navigator until your return... I'm keeping the Seagull 😀

Enjoy 👀

3 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

yeah... we can keep the ships navigator until your return... I'm keeping the Seagull 😀

Enjoy 👀

Thank you! I really appreciate that. May the seagull serve you all well.

27 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

Apologies for the delay... crazy weather and other stuff going on.

Last NPC to fabricate then we can continue.

I'm still here. Happy to wait. Life happens and games sometimes have to deal with starts and stops.

But I think we lost our doctor.

FYI, I have a doctor already built and ready to go (it was my second-place character concept)--for the next time you kill Knell. 😛

• 2 weeks later...

@DarkAngel In 1926, the magic of Hollywood created this magical moment that stunned moviegoers: Douglas Fairbanks Jr., starring in the Black Pirate, used a dagger to cut his way down a sail, coming down from the yard to the deck in a matter of seconds. The stunt would never survive a modern-day Myth Busters challenge, but I'm wondering if the magic of Hollywood might be replicable in a magical world were magical swords and daggers exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQet9nw7WiE&ab_channel=Pantoist

This is such a cool swashbucklery thing to do!

Once Knell has cut the lines to lower the sails, can she slide down in a controlled fall via this stunt (cutting the sail as depicted in this classic movie). She has a magic rapier. And she has access to the Shadow Blade spell. Would either of those work?

If so, what kind of a roll would it take?

In other news. Nina's Passive Perception is 19, but you didn't describe her spotting the additional hidden individual on the deck--so whoever they are, they're good. It makes sense that she'd be looking for trouble--given that she has nothing to do this round. It feels kinda metagamey to say that she's gonna take an action to make a Perception check. I'm not the kind of player who declares a perception check every round in case there is something out there. As I see it, that's what passive perception is for. So I'm wondering, are you the kind of DM that calls for Perception checks when needed, or the kind who uses Passive Perception for that purpose, or the kind of DM who expects players to declare and roll Perception checks regularly if they want to know stuff?

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

@Wizard of the Coat I loved that scene ... done it myself in numerous RP games, so yes...

Passive perception is used by the DM when players don't actively roll perception ... due to the circumstances making regular perception checks would be warranted... Red knell is supposed to be keeping an eye out for Night crew after all.

@DarkAngelsorry, I'd not rolled initiative as you hadn't tagged the anchor line crew in those posts, and since you left us both out I assumed it was a deliberate omission and you had other plans for us

Initiative

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+3 6