Team Nameless - IC

scootloops

spacer.pngWilovar Haften

Half Elf Merchant, Waukeener 

AC: 18 (Scale, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling
Spell Slots: L1 3/3 |

With the monstrous attack from the previous night it had seemed exciting enough for Wilovar. He certainly agreed the less excitement the better. "Yes, still got that prickle on the back of my neck, and occasionally I'd swear I hear the faintest of laughs and whispers. Like it's all just out the corner of your eye and ear. Doesn't feel malicious, just like you're walking through the market and everyone else is in on something you're not," he replied to D. "Be well worth keeping a weather eye out for anything going missing, though I don't know if trying to tie things up tighter will just be seen as a challenge!"

He continued to tidy away the remnants of dinner as he spoke, busying himself being helpful. His mother hadn't tolerated idle hands. "Though I suppose that might be why we've not seen the bandits camped out here, maybe they got fed up of undone buckles and unstrung bows. That or they're better at hiding than we thought. We'll need to keep a close watch out tonight." He also kept an eye out for any flowers, just in case. If they could put together as many offerings as they could hopefully one of them would stick.

OOC

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Concentration: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Mace . Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 - 1 bludgeoning damage.

Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed

Sacred Flame . Cantrip (V,S): Creature you can see, range 60 ft., one target, no cover. DEX Save: 1d8 radiant damage.

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Blessing of the Trickster . Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level, you can use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself to give it advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks. This blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again.

Channel Divinity (1/1)

• Turn Undead

As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

• Invoke Duplicity

As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.

For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.

spacer.png

Human Bartender (retired)/Monk

AC: 15 (Unarmored, WIS) | HP: 19/19 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 40 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14 Investigation 9.
Str: 13 (+1) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 15 (+2) | Cha: 11 (0)
Languages: Common,

Dinner was finishing at the same time as Arden was completing his tale.

"So this sorcerer shows up at The Torch and Sand, offering his 'special' liquor from his fancy bottle. He's askin' far too much for us to buy it, but I'm letting him sell shots of it to a couple of nobles. The nobles are ravin' about the drink, and the sorcerer- Felton, his name was- anyways, Felton swears that the secret is that he got the water from a secret location on the Elemental Plane of Water- purest stuff in the universe, he swears. I'm thinkin' he's had a little too much of his own stuff- he looked harmless."

"All of the sudden, the door blows in, and the largest water elemental I've ever seen comes striding in. Sucker must have been the size of two ogres once it fit through the doorway. And it comes chargin' at Felton, knocking him back, and causin' him to drop the bottle. Before anyone can move, Felton speaks a couple of magical words and teleports out of there- leaving us with the elemental. I'm wonderin' if we're about to get killed, only the elemental walks over, grabs the bottle off the floor, and disappears. Leaving the two nobles, me- and a floor that took four days to dry up. So if ya see a Sorcerer named Felton, turn around and walk in the other direction. Fella brings trouble with him."

Arden shrugged. "What's the strangest thing any of you have come across so far?" He asked the rest of the group. After all, they were now teammates. It'd be good to get to know a little bit more about them.

DragonToken.png.435269cd9c3b758b492ecdd9ceb232a8.pngElrod Dragonskin

AC: 12 | HP: 17/17 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 11 Investigation 10.
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis(p): 8 (-1/+1) | Cha(p): 16 (+3/+5)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven.
Spell Slots: 2/2 Spell Level: 1st Save DC: 13 Spell Attack: +5
Current Appearance (Disguise Self): A ghost.

Upon returning to the rest, and reporting his discovery of birds, Elrod joins the conversation. "I don't know. They seemed interested in gold; but they can't have my gold," he comments, seriously. "I have plans for that. Uh, you hear that? Please don't take my gold. I am not trading gold," he continues, talking to the air around them.

"Or my gemstones, they are mine. Um. I have some daggers and a mace you might like, or a fancy crossbow. Yeah, those are actually worth more than the money I have, so, I would like to keep them, but, uh, you can have them if you leave my gold. And gemstones." He pauses for a moment. "I have cheese and jerky, that's fair game too. Just, like, don't murder me in my sleep, or take my gold or gemstones. Please."

Elrod knows he is being a big ridiculous, but can't really help himself. He is also more than a little paranoid that he has just made his precious lucre into a target, so of course he will be sleeping with it tonight.

After Arden's story, he nods thoughtfully. "That guy seems like bad news, thank you, I will avoid him. Um, the strangest thing? Uh, Old Man Twittles once had an ewe that lambed a two-headed lamb. Lived for three days, but then it died. I'm not sure why, since we, I mean, everyone in the village, kept giving it milk and stuff. Some people said it was a good sign, others a sign of evil, but I just thought it would be cool to raise two headed sheep. I mean, if nothing else, they would probably be easier to herd, since they would second-guess themselves before wandering off. The ewe had some trouble, though, with the birthing, so it might not have been a good idea, but... Yeah. that's the strangest thing I have seen."

3wIkLSC.png

D
Medium, Human Fighter

AC 14

HP 16/16

HD 1/1d8, 1/1d10

Second Wind 1/1

Inspiration 0/?
Attuned 0/3

Elrod might appreciate an extra blanket for tonight. It might also be reassuring to have them sleep closer to the campfire. D can't quite think of something to assuage their fears and worries. The best thing he can come up with is to distract them with warmth and comfort, make sleeping a more enticing activity over wondering what could go missing.

Catching up on Wilovar's intent, Dee lends a hand at scouring the place for peace offerings.

"Can't say I've seen anything as strange as those." D pulls his cloak tighter and settles into digesting his warm meal.

"I've heard of horror stories from the mines, but I haven't experienced them myself."

One moment, he is happy and content, the next, he recoils, bristled when a memory catches him unawares. "No. I think I have a contribution."

He postures up and clears his throat. "Back when I was like five, ten years old, I did see a hand scurry out of a window one night. A battered and bloody hand, if you'll believe it. The day after, we learned Ol' Yehrman was strangled to death. I told everyone about it but they wouldn't believe me. I wouldn't hold it against you if you don't believe me either."

Mechanics

Main Hand: .
Off Hand: .

Action:
Movement:
Bonus Action:

Application

Narration

GM-Token.png.93f0d150e3ed4b6cafdce51f5b700b58.png
The evening proves similar to the afternoon, a harsh downpour and a dark sky. The sound is comforting only because you have shelter and a warm fire for the evening. You can't imagine how miserable it would have been had you stayed on the road and had to huddle together in one of the wagons.

Gathering extra food to cover everyone proves to be difficult this night, and all of you are left wanting a little more, but not starving by any means. A couple of rats and other small animals crawl around the peripherals and rafters in the tower, thankfully keeping their distance from your food, though a few try to get close to Willovar's offering. Curiously, the vermin never get closer than a foot to it before scampering off. The offering otherwise stays untouched, though the whispers continue for the two men.

A crow arrives shortly after dusk. The bird drops in from the top of the tower and lands right next to Sergeant Lin, squawking loudly and hopping about. She holds out her arm and it hops up, looking at her quizzically as if expecting something. It is clear to see there is a message scroll wrapped around its ankle, but when taborlin reaches for it the crow hops away and squawks more. "You know the rules. Message first, then you eat." She chides as she holds up a nut, then hides it when the creature reaches. It squawks again, but lets her unravel the message this time. She drops a small pile of trail mix on the ground for the messenger.

"Damnit." she says under her breath.

She approaches everyone, her tone professional with a small hint of annoyance. "We're cuttin' this sortie short. We got trouble at Keri's Crossin', thankfully not from the gnolls, but we'll need ta make 'aste tomorrow and 'ead back. Arran's orders." She pauses and looks at everyone. "I've seen you in a quick skirmish, and your survival skills are good. Far as I'm concerned you lot earned a permanent place with the hawks should you choose to keep it. Don't ask me what's 'appenin', I don't know yet. Just said to cease and 'ead back ASAP. We'll sleep tonight and save our strength for tomorrow. We're gonna be on doubletime."

OOC

Watch rolls from the 3 groups. Any combo of two people is fine.

3wIkLSC.png

D
Medium, Human Fighter

AC 14

HP 16/16

HD 1/1d8, 1/1d10

Second Wind 1/1

Inspiration 0/?
Attuned 0/3

Daigneault was engrossed with watching the old road get battered by the pouring rain. His attention was mired on following the spillover when Sarge Taborlin says something about eating. "Eat?" D perks up. The paladin was talking to a crow on the corner of the camp opposite to Dee. "Aww..." He adores its little hops, and gets giddy when it gets its meal.

The news it broke doesn't seem like something the group would dote over. Daigneault braces himself for a stern talking to, but the danger, it seems, is elsewhere. The sergeant had nothing but praise.

He joins the others in preparing to ford the road tomorrow. It would be a hard march, but hopefully the stars would align, and there would be no hassle. "Questions still lingered, it's plain in our faces. But we are all in the dark. Best to have a good sleep now than hazard any guesses. Anxiety is just suffering twice anyway. But what if... ?"

Feeling fidgety, D volunteers for the first watch.

Mechanics

Main Hand: .
Off Hand: .

Action: Watch (Survival)
Movement:
Bonus Action:

Application

Edited by Passione
Stray 'E' (see edit history)
Name
Watch (Survival)
1d20+4 4

spacer.png

Human Bartender (retired)/Monk

AC: 15 (Unarmored, WIS) | HP: 19/19 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 40 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14 Investigation 9.
Str: 13 (+1) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 15 (+2) | Cha: 11 (0)
Languages: Common,

Arden listened to Sergeant Lin with a frown, nodding in agreement with D. "Not good."  Anything that they didn't give you the details meant that it was probably serious. But it made sense to wait for the morning. "Let's get some rest- we'll take the second watch."

Name
Watch (Survival)
1d20+2 5

Being able to roast a duck was a pleasant surprise (and Tseren had been able to enjoy the liver, gizzards and tongue for herself). Her one regret was they really had nothing that would safely keep that lovely rendered fat around for later cooking. Not with all the traveling and changing weather. Back in their inn, a cold cellar would have helped preserve it for use in other dishes.

The sergeant's news about them now having to return caught the older woman's interest though. Maybe something had happened with the other pack of recruits? She nodded when Arden said they'd have second watch.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2875046]Tseren[/url][/b] [i]Human (variant Tuigan) Barbarian 2 N[/i] [b]AC[/b] 15 [b]HP[/b] 23 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Str[/b] 16 (3) [b]Dex[/b] 14 (2) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 12 (1) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Greataxe[/b] +5 1d12+3s [b]Handaxe[/b] +5 1d6+3s [b]Javelin[/b] +5 1d6+3p [b][/b] [b][/b] Great Weapon Master Source: Player's Handbook You've learned to put the weight of a weapon to your advantage, letting its momentum empower your strikes. You gain the following benefits: On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action. Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage. Class Features As a barbarian, you gain the following class features. Hit Points Hit Dice: 1d12 per barbarian level Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution modifier Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d12 (or 7) + your Constitution modifier per barbarian level after 1st Proficiencies Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons Tools: None Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution Skills: Choose two from Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, and Survival Equipment You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background: (a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon (a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon An explorer's pack and four javelins Rage (2/day) In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor: You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws. When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table. You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging. Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action. Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again. Unarmored Defense While you are not wearing any armor, your armor class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit. Danger Sense At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated. Reckless Attack Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.
Tseren
Human (variant Tuigan) Barbarian 2 N

AC 15 HP 23 Speed 30ft

Str 16 (3) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Greataxe +5 1d12+3s
Handaxe +5 1d6+3s
Javelin +5 1d6+3p

Great Weapon Master

Source: Player's Handbook

You've learned to put the weight of a weapon to your advantage, letting its momentum empower your strikes. You gain the following benefits:

On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action.

Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.

Class Features

As a barbarian, you gain the following class features.
Hit Points

Hit Dice: 1d12 per barbarian level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d12 (or 7) + your Constitution modifier per barbarian level after 1st
Proficiencies

Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: Choose two from Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, and Survival
Equipment

You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:

(a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon
(a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon
An explorer's pack and four javelins

Rage (2/day)

In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.

While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor:

You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging.

Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.

Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.

Unarmored Defense

While you are not wearing any armor, your armor class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Danger Sense

At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Reckless Attack

Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Edited by RedRajah (see edit history)
Name
Wisdom (Survival)
1d20+3 6

spacer.pngWilovar Haften

AC: 18 (Scale, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)

Wilovar chuckles as the dragon kin lists of the items he was unwilling to offer, privately wondering if poor Elrod had just marked exactly which items were most likely to go amiss. Unless his and Norman's ideas held weight. He appreciated the mans indulgences, and certainly the chap seemed to have a lot of knowledge, and have dabbled in a lot of different jobs judging by yet another the story that drew forth.

Unfortunately Wilovar's own offering was cut short by the arrival of the raven. The ominous message did nothing to ease his nerves of spending the night in these ruins, with whispering watchers and potential bandits about. The only saving grace was the miserable weather that made him grateful for their little cover, even if a little damp still crept in amongst moss covered stone.

He joined D on the first watch, eager to find out more about the mans interesting and varied past. Clearly the young lad was something of a polymath to have succeeded at all these different careers and be looking for more talents still. He was also curious as to what might happen with the saucer, given that the vermin had so far avoided it. Anything to take his mind off what might wait back home. A pity it wasn't gnolls - as terrifying as they were, at least they were known.

OOC

Action: eagle-eyed Wilovar cranks out another nat 20 on perception. I think that's three in a row, so I'm expecting a run of 1's next combat.

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Mace . Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 - 1 bludgeoning damage.

Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed

Sacred Flame . Cantrip (V,S): Creature you can see, range 60 ft., one target, no cover. DEX Save: 1d8 radiant damage.

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Blessing of the Trickster . Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level, you can use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself to give it advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks. This blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again.

Channel Divinity (1/1)

• Turn Undead

As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

• Invoke Duplicity

As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.

For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+5 20

Narration

Wilovar and Dee take first watch together, and though Dee seems to be off in his own little world for a chunk of it, Wilovar is sharp as a tack, which proves to be just the kind of mood he needed to be in to figure out what has been following Him and Elrod for the past day.

The small offering laid out, made of a few coins and some random things from around the area, the pieces of it start moving around with an unseen hand, but as willovar concentrates harder on what he sees, a small shape begins to solidify. It has delicate and translucent wings, green skin the color of new leaves in spring, pointy little ears, a modest outfit made of dried leaves, and long hair that seems to float at the tips rather than hang down. And then a second one becomes visible, very similar in shape and form, though it has shorter hair and a flower crown. He can hear them laughing and whispering, the same as the ones he thought he was imagining all this time. They don't seem to notice Wilovar staring at them as they peruse through the offering, munching on the organic materials and gawking at the coin that is nearly half the size of their forms.

image.png.aef3c804584d444172044f059b278db1.png

OOC

@PureChance The small creatures are pixies, and they seem innocent and friendly just from what you and Elrod have experienced
 @Passione Dee doesn't spot them, so you'll have to rely on Wil to tell you about them
Same for @RedRajah and @crimsonjoe when you get to your watch. You two are incredibly distracted going by the watch rolls you made.

DragonToken.png.435269cd9c3b758b492ecdd9ceb232a8.pngElrod Dragonskin

AC: 12 | HP: 17/17 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 11 Investigation 10.
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis(p): 8 (-1/+1) | Cha(p): 16 (+3/+5)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven.
Spell Slots: 2/2 Spell Level: 1st Save DC: 13 Spell Attack: +5
Current Appearance (Disguise Self): A ghost.

Elrod is surprised that Dee takes the first watch, but since that watch seems pretty full, he goes on with the last watch as before. Prior to going to bed, he counts his precious belongings, and ties them securely together to cradle them to his chest in his bedroll. Not that he really expects that to make much difference, but gold is gold.

OOC

Another natural 20. What the heck.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)
Name
Wisom (Perception)
1d20-1 20

spacer.pngWilovar Haften

Wilovar - sitting in the quiet of the first watch and keeping a wary eye on the various offerings around, finally manages to catch sight of one of the small winged creatures. He smiles seeing them, a little pinch of mystery and wonder amongst the rain and grime of the journey. Very carefully he slowly starts to motion towards Dee, sure the other man would want to see these, but no matter how many times he points them out, Norman always seems just to slow to catch their quick movements. Eventually Wil gives up and turns his attention fully to the pixies, relying on Dee to keep an eye out for any other danger whilst he's so focused. He tries to make out what they are saying, but is unable to understand the high-pitched flowery language. Hoping to entertain them, he draws on his illusion, bringing it forth before miming a silent game of pat-a-cake with himself, then directing the illusion into a small slapstick routine. Considering he's not specifically practiced anything - and lacks the silver-tongued bard's formal training, he thinks he manages a pretty good job. Before the watch ends, he pins a small note to Elrod's tent, letting the dragon kin know their watchers were back.

As he settles down in his own accommodation, he wonders what he truly ants this side of the mountains - he'd fled the grasping reaches of the Broken Knives, but if he just replaced them with bloodshed of his own what life going to be any different? What wonders would he miss by not taking life at a slower pace? What connections would he fail to forge? He was a merchant after all, playing at being a solider. Not like Arden and Tseren, or even Norman.

OOC

Action: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Channel Divinity (1/1)

• Turn Undead

• Invoke Duplicity

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)
Name
Performance
1d20+3 14

• 2 weeks later...
Narration

The watches go without much trouble, it truly seems like no bandits have been out here recently. It cold through the night with the rain, and more than once a crosswind rustles through the opening to the tower, rustling the fire and bringing in a little of the rain from outside.

In the morning, the rain has stopped but it is still overcast wet. Taborlin wasn't exaggerating about how the travel would be harsh, especially trying to make good time. There was a lot of use of the mending spell to keep the carts from breaking beyond repair in the mud.

Exhausted by the end of the day, no one has much energy to talk when you make camp out in the grasslands, beyond the border to the forest from earlier. You can't help but remember the harpies coming in the night and that fear makes the watches much more tense than normal. Sergeant Lin takes an extra watch to allow extra rest. The watches prove uneventful tonight. The next day of travel is far easier than the previous day, but the exhaustion is hard to deal with. Sergeant Lin Barks orders all morning and seems stressed and frustrated, annoying many of you in the process. But once everything is under way she calms down and the rest of the day back to Keri's Crossing is uneventful, and quite beautiful. The dark clouds cleared out leaving the same clear skies you left with 4 days ago.

OOC

That's all for now until we decide who and how to go forwards. Whatever we decide, I'll try and tie it in to whatever is going on in Keri's Crossing if that's what y'all wish.