Mission the First

SithShrink

The communications that Dial Tone skimmed out of Cobra servers and transmissions over the last few weeks are a mixture of seemingly coded messages that individually make little sense or at least seem innocent in nature at first glance. It wasn’t until Dial Tone picked up timing signatures and basic encryption marks that he figured out Cobra was 
focused on this herpetology show.

OOCThere are a few pieces of interesting information
that can be gleaned from the transcripts by the
characters if they go over the data during the trip.
This requires a character to make DIF 12 Alertness
(Investigation) or Science (Cryptography) Skill
Tests, with each success earning them a unique
clue about Cobra’s directions for the upcoming
herpetology show.

Sonar nodded as he looked over the transcripts given to each of them by Dial Tone. If this was something Cobra was focused on, there was obviously more to it than that. Yet the fact that four recruits had been granted this mission meant it wouldn't be that hard nor dangerous, he hoped. Still, one lesson he learned since being recruited was that nothing ever goes as planned. Despite not having studied biology, he still read some papers on it, so he hoped his scientific knowledge would help here to discover a clue, something to give them an insight into what Cobra's planning for the herpetology show.

Edited by Trigun (see edit history)
Name
Science:
1d20+1d4 1,2

oldmanwanderer_female_soldier_high_tech_short_red_hair_bob_hair_f6f92a28-5de6-4539-ab89-5722676f887f.webp.50b367d365b0a6c8fc75b2bb74f8beb5-removebg-preview.png.79c5ef25c7f626fd130ac8a84821a6b5.pngDeCaf | Vanguard(Heavy Ordnance)

Health: 3 |  Movement: 30 | Toughness: 14 |  Evasion: 13 |  Cleverness: 13 |  Willpower: 15

DeCaf was visibly bouncing in her seat and large grin on her face.

"Oh man, this is so cool!" She said excitely. "Do youse know how long I've been waiting for this? Well, okay not that long but going from green shirt to an active Joe ..." she lets it hang for a moment. "That's like a red shirt getting a seat at the poker table!"

Noticing Sonar pouring over the papers DeCaf blushes slightly and picks up copy and begins to read. Her foot begins to tap rapidly as she reads over the printouts.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by Niven81 (see edit history)
Name
Generic Alterness
1d20+1d4 19,4

Aura takes a look at the report, shaking her head. She expels a quick breath.

"So the snakes are thinking about hitting a reptile show? What could be there that's grabbing their attention?:

oldmanwanderer_female_soldier_high_tech_short_red_hair_bob_hair_f6f92a28-5de6-4539-ab89-5722676f887f.webp.50b367d365b0a6c8fc75b2bb74f8beb5-removebg-preview.png.79c5ef25c7f626fd130ac8a84821a6b5.pngDeCaf | Vanguard(Heavy Ordnance)

Health: 3 |  Movement: 30 | Toughness: 14 |  Evasion: 13 |  Cleverness: 13 |  Willpower: 15

DeCaf looks up from her printouts, and takes a sip of what very obviously smells like coffee from her canteen.

"Maybe Cobra Commander is in the market for a new designer pet."

Mechanics

Sonar simply sighs as he speaks without looking up from reading the transcripts. "Like I said before, Barbecue, that joke got old the fifth time you used it, even if Decaf does actually carry coffee with her. Now, please, I think I found a clue of what Cobra may have planned for this show. If you and Aura can help me and Decaf check, the more we can glean from what's in their comms."

As the team deciphered the transcript , BBQ had a brilliant idea. "Why not make the best of this situation? I've brought some of my secret barbecue sauce. How about a little in-flight feast to boost morale?"

DeCaf looks up from her printouts.

"Southern or Northern?"

Mechanics

DeCaf shrugs and puts down the printout.

"Welp I suppose fighting the forces of evil and tyranny on an empty stomach is a bad idea."

Mechanics