Pre-game discussions

Vladim

9 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

It's fine by me. If we've got four, let's start talking about our game!

Should we create a separate topic (thread) to talk specifically about our game, and leave this topic as a general topic for future arrivals interested in finding a game?

Also, I'd like to raise one concern....

Do the four of us have summer schedules that will allow for our intended "relaxed" posting rate? I've seen many MW games die when summer comes--as players take turns announcing that they'll be on vacation or a road trip or a campout or.... I'd prefer not to start something in the next month or so if it's going to be put on hold through most of summer and die a slow death.

Yup, I'm good to start a fresh new thread for us 4 as soon as @TheObsoleteMan responds!

As for summer... I am a year-round poster and have been for more than a decade, so I don't foresee any issues, especially with a relaxed posting rate. Even when I take holidays, those typically don't last longer than a week. I am expecting major life changes in about a year, but my goal with this game is to start by playing out the Inciting Incident, which hopefully should not take longer than a few months. After that, we can collectively decide how to continue, and re-evaluate availability.

@Vladim I have a suggestion for the suggestion box.

1. We've got our four players. Perhaps we should lock this thread, rename it to something like "Ironsworn Odyssey Pregame Discussion," then open a new thread called "Next Pregame Discussion." That new thread opening post could lay out the procedure we went through: post information about yourself as an application in which you answer the magic questions, then wait for others to show up and do the same, and then start discussing with them possible game ideas.

2. Encourage applicants to put a tag on their Application indicating something either "Looking for a Game" and "Not Currently Looking for a Game." I've add the second tag to my app so that other players don't think I'm still looking for a game (now that we're moving forward with this "Ironsworn Odyssey" game.

3. We should also create a new forum (or whatever you call the links on the ribbon at the top of this game) called "Ironsworn Odyssey" (or whatever we're going to call our game) in which we could put: an "Ironsworn Odyssey OOC" thread to continue our discussion/planning for the game.

Also, re: the summer, I'll definitely be taking time to travel (haven't been to see my wife's family since before the pandemic started), but I'm sure I'll be able to keep up with posting. I'm not much for action-packed vacations anyway.

2 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@Vladim I have a suggestion for the suggestion box.

1. We've got our four players. Perhaps we should lock this thread, rename it to something like "Ironsworn Odyssey Pregame Discussion," then open a new thread called "Next Pregame Discussion." That new thread opening post could lay out the procedure we went through: post information about yourself as an application in which you answer the magic questions, then wait for others to show up and do the same, and then start discussing with them possible game ideas.

2. Encourage applicants to put a tag on their Application indicating something either "Looking for a Game" and "Not Currently Looking for a Game." I've add the second tag to my app so that other players don't think I'm still looking for a game (now that we're moving forward with this "Ironsworn Odyssey" game.

3. We should also create a new forum (or whatever you call the links on the ribbon at the top of this game) called "Ironsworn Odyssey" (or whatever we're going to call our game) in which we could put: an "Ironsworn Odyssey OOC" thread to continue our discussion/planning for the game.

That all sounds good to me! I've made you and TheObsoleteMan GMs (and also invited Delorphin to join), so please feel free to do all those things if you want / have time!