Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Edit History

Basil_Bottletop

Basil_Bottletop

I've had to put The Shadow of the Gods by John Gwynne down because my Libby app wouldn't let me keep it a second time, but I've got a nice portion of it read. It's been very good so far.

In the meantime, I'm reading The Paradox Hotel by Rob Hart. It's about time-travel and a special locale where it all happens. It's okay. It reads like the author really wants to sell the rights to a movie producer and get someone middlingly-good to star in it. Plot decent, character traits are below par. Something else going against this one is that the narrator can't do accents and so everyone just sounds the same and it's written in a way that doesn't always imply what's Main Character dialogue, Main Character thought, and dialogue from another character. Oh, she tries to do an male Australian accent and it does not go well.

Basil_Bottletop

Basil_Bottletop

I've had to put The Shadow of the Gods by John Gwynne down because my Libby app wouldn't let me keep it a second time, but I've got a nice portion of it read. It's been very good so far.

In the meantime, I'm reading The Paradox Hotel by Rob Hart. It's about time-travel and a special locale where it all happens. It's okay. It reads like the author really wants to sell the rights to a movie producer and get someone middlingly-good to star in it. Plot decent, character traits are below par. Something else going against this one is that the narrator can't do accents and so everyone just sounds like her reading and it's written in a way that doesn't always imply what's dialogue, thought, and dialogue from another character. Oh, she tries to do an male Australian accent and it does not go well.