A Hazy Shade of Winter

ArcaneDesperado

Carlo Luciano

spacer.pngCarlo watched the back of the malkavian disappearing into the building.

'Damn,' he thought, 'Ive been upstaged...'

He glance back at Stone, registering what he had said.

"Well, I suppose I should count myself lucky then," he said.

Carlo handed over a pistol that was more for show then anything else. He preferred to fight the old fashioned way, but flashing a gun was often enough to end a confrontation before it began. Besides, who ever heard of a mafioso that wasn't carrying these days?

While he did that he asked, "Is Alfonso here yet?"

spacer.pngBenji entered what he immediately decided was the stuffiest, least fun place he had been. That was saying something given he slept in what was really just a gussied up utility closet. He would have sighed had he the mind to draw breath but instead he pulled back his hood and let his headphones, still blaring, fall around his neck. He walked straight toward the bar and the ghoul that tended it more than half-expecting to get some sort of sh*t from the bartender, but he reached for one of the poured glasses. "Thanks." He ventured to seem as confident as he could and spoke loudly enough to be clear. He then turned and addressed the two prominent Kindred he saw there. 

"Madam Warden. Regent. Good evening to you both. It is always a pleasure." The words rolled out just as he had practiced them, almost as if Suzanne had spoken them herself. He knew who most of the prominent Kindred of the city were. Suzanne would have it no other way. A Toreador that frequented the courts as she did had certain expectations of him to be fair. For his part he listened and learned but he was no politician nor diplomat, not that any of the would take him seriously regardless. He hoped he might move past the conversation rather quickly and eyed a comfortable spot on an overstuffed wingback he decided would be his throne as soon as he was able to get there. 

Chris WozniakChris Wozniak didn't waddle.  He had a certain heft to his physique, but none of the criminals he interacted with, and none of his homicide team would ever call it a waddle, not after he'd smashed that perp in the face with a baton after the guy had let that verb pass his lips.  That had been two years ago, and even the locker room humor that pervaded the State Police satellite office in Baltimore knew not to touch on some things.  Still, his gait had a certain round, lumbering aspect to it as he strolled down the street toward the QG.  His walk was that of an old western sheriff, rolling and casual, full of a natural authority and confidence, and it said that he was at home in his town.  His face held its customary affable smirk, as though you shared an inside joke with him, and knowing you were in on the joke pleased him.  He tipped his hat to the people he passed on the street, and something about his pleasant expression brought out a smile in them even as they hurried to get out of the biting wind, but without fail when there wasn't enough room on the sidewalk, it was they who moved aside to let him pass.  He held the jacket of his inexpensive, off the rack suit closed, seemingly in deference to the cold, but his pace didn't hurry.  Even if he'd been late, he wouldn't be seen to hurry.  That wasn't how things were done.

Chris knew where the club was of course.  He'd done his part to deter police interest in the building, stretching back to even before he'd been embraced when his Sire had taught him the duties owed to the Camarilla, and why it was right to mislead even such a hallowed institution as the Baltimore State Police.  The Camarilla was so much older, and so much grander.  It was right that all other institutions served it, and made way for its purpose.  It was with that thought in mind that he drew abreast of the front door, and nodded with real respect to the real Sherriff, stood next to the door to Elysium.

"Good Evening, Robert,"  Chris doffed his hat, stepped forward and raised his coat flaps, spinning in place to show he was unarmed, "any trouble tonight?"

OOC

I'm assuming that Chris rolls up at a point where he and Robert are alone at the door.

Edited by FredRogers (see edit history)

How Edgar Ramírez Became Gianni Versace in “American Crime Story” | VogueRobert shook his head one more time at the departing Malkavian before turning his attention to Carlo's inquiry. 

Your fellow clansman, Alfonso has not arrived as of yet.  I would imagine he plans on being fashionably late per usual given this being more the social evening compared to tomorrow being more serious politics. 

He would take the pistol and have it logged into the coat check area. 

I'll give you the same speech I'm giving everyone.  I trust you to maintain proper etiquette in the Elysium.  Your people however...I have various law enforcement and underground influences here tonight.  I already have both sides on edge from the Sabbat causing trouble and putting both sides against each other to sow even more chaos. I'd prefer not to have any conflicts by any of the less informed followers hovering the surrounding couple blocks? Just make sure everyone stays on their best behaviour.  Otherwise enjoy the bloodwine and have a pleasant evening Carlo. 

Assuming the Lasombra had no argument on the statement Robert would proceed to go about checking in additional guest as they arrived. The next being Chris.  A mild shrug came at the question about trouble. 

Mary playing in traffic. Almost got run over at least twice.  Beyond that it'd be smooth and steady.  So I'm sure something will hiccup before all is said and done.  It wouldn't be Elysium without at least one or two guest trying to push their luck. 

The fellow Brujah had the ghoul give Chris a passing wave of the metal detector just to not show favoritism during security checks. 

Wolfe hasnt arrived yet. So You got some time to mingle before the Warlock shows up trying to start dick measuring law enforcement jurisdiction. 

Richard Armitage (@RCArmitage) / TwitterThe Tremere spoke first as they were addressed.  His Welsh accent was slight but still noticeable even though he'd been away from his native birthland for well over two hundred years.  

Benjamin. A good evenin' to you. I'm glad to see you are doing well despite recent events. 

He paused for a moment, a hint of almost compassion seemed to resound from him. A rare thing for Kindred, especially his age. 

I am truly sorry about Suzanne.  I know she wasn't your true sire. But I know she thought of you as her own childe never the less. 

The Warlock gently looked to his side at Keiko, gently putting a hand over hers, then looking back to Benji.  

If for any reason you're have a issue with your residency given reason developments.  Please let Keiko know.  I believe Suzanne had domain around Enoch Pratt?  There are a number of apartment complexes around there and row homes if you wish to remain in that area.  I don't know the arrangements left behind for you. 

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

Carlo Luciano

spacer.pngNodding amicably to the Sheriff's reply, Carlo proceeded inside.

His eyes narrowed slightly at the sight of Benji engaged in conversation with the two Tremere. The sight of him always left Carlo feeling vaguely uncomfortable. He thought about his own children at that age, not that Benji really was that age anymore, and it made him wish he'd been there to see the death of Benji's sire. Whatever that monster suffered through at the end, it wasn't bad enough.

Perhaps Carlo would say hello later, if there was time. As much as he was uneasy about being in the belly of the beast, tonight would be important for his business interests. The Camarilla insiders did most of their deals on the second day of these yearly get-togethers, but Carlo probably wouldn't have access to those conversations. He suspected that even his invitation tonight was more a warning than anything else, it said: 'don't forget whose backyard your playing in.'

That was just fine though, the kinds of deals he was interested in making weren't best discussed within the halls of Elysium anyway. He just had to make sure the right people had his name in their heads the next time they got to scheming. Tonight, all the right people would be right here.

Spotting someone interesting, Carlo walked over towards Keiran.

"A new face, I thought the Sabbat encirclement had scared all the newcomers off," Carlo says in greeting.

OOC

I'm assuming Keiran is inside at this point, if not Carlo will greet him as he enters.

spacer.png"I am as well as I am able to be. I appreciate your sympathies as well as your concern." The boy spoke in a way that juxtaposed fiercely with his apparent age. Benji knew it was off-putting and was happy to lean in to it. "I am happy to maintain Suzanne's claim to that area. I shall not do so with her other interests. I trust that it will not be disputed, but should the need arise I shall reach out. You have my thanks." He smiled in the way you did when settling an uncomfortable matter or trying to put someone at ease that might be suffering, that is awkwardly. He moved to attend the throne he had foudn previously and take his leave of these two, but stopped short and pivoted on his heel. "I am sure my wishes mean little to most, but knowing her fate... would mean a great deal to me."

He bowed his head ever so slightly and turned once more heading back to destination. He pulled himself into the over-stuffed chair and crossed his legs. It was not regal but felt better than allowing them to dangle. He drank deeply of his cocktail and sat watching those that came in after or had been there before him. His first interaction had been positive enough. He did not need pity but if it kept him out of trouble for now he was not above taking it. 

Model scarlett johansson 1080P, 2K, 4K, 5K HD wallpapers free download |  Wallpaper FlareMary skipped around the room a bit passing Benji once, and then pausing, and seeming to skip backwards to look at him.  She tilted her head slightly, her eyes almost seeming to glaze over for the briefest of seconds before returning to normal.  She then pull around the waist bag hidden under the oversized sweater.  Pulling out a box of colored pencils she sat it on the arm chair next to him without a word. Turning again she went back to randomly skipping around the room to almost to some unearthly melody only she could hear. 

Marcus Ibrihim: Shotgun Scholar

spacer.pngMarcus made his way through the room along the walls initially.  Though he knew that safety was paramount in Elysium, he also knew that "accidents" happened sometimes.  His main view was that the Sabbat would see this gathering as a perfect moment to try to cause the prince to lose face.  Anarchs generally stayed out of trouble here though, because they really needed the Camarilla to be an opponent politically.  He took a glass of bloodwine from the bartender and walked around holding it.  He recognized a few faces and nodded to those he'd done business with in the past. 

When Carlos entered, Marcus noted that he, as usual, focused on the new face in the room.  Always potential customers in a gathering, he thought.  When their eyes met, he saluted him with his glass and continued to scan the room.  The silly woman was making another act for attention.  It was going to be interesting.

Benji chanced a smile when he saw Mary. he didn't really know her but he met her a few times and had always enjoyed their interactions. He watched her move through the room, he blonde hair bouncing as she skipped about. When she stopped and stared at him he simply stared back. It was not in the way of someone challenging a rude person staring them down, he just looked at the woman much as she looked at him. He smiled more broadly when she handed him the gift. "Thank you, Mary. Very thoughtful of you." She did not respond before she skipped away. 

Benji sat his now empty glass on a side table and rummaged through his bag, producing a sketch book and a number of pencils. Mary's gift had set off the spark of spacer.pngcreativity. He opened the book and began working on another portrait. This one a woman but one that very quickly came to resemble Mary. He was exceptionally talented and his drawing was bordering on expert level photo realism. Despite all of the things that presented challenges for him, he was a gifted artist. Perhaps another reason Suzanne had taken to him. He continued to draw as the club filled with local Kindred. 

Chris WozniakChris grinned wryly, "Shit, I figured out that I wasn't ever going to be welcome in the BPD even before I knew anything else was going on.  No hard feelings.  I landed just fine..."  His smile failed for a brief moment, "...nothing I'll bring up tonight anyway."  He nodded to Randal and Charles, then reached for the door.  He paused just before stepping inside, and turned back to the Sherriff, "As always, let me know if I can help out with anything."  Then he entered Elysium.

OOC

Who is Wolfe?  And who would I encounter inside?

Kieran Fletcher

KieranHe had stepped inside a little to stay out of the way of any new comers, as well as to give the outside one last looking over. Still being quite wary of threats as his old training left him on edge, especially with how recent nights have gone with the sabbat. He gives Carlo a nod in greeting as he handed his coat over to the coat check inside. Revealing an suit beneath, though being at least a couple decades out of style. Would definitely do for a fancy gathering like this at least. Though he clearly looked a little uncomfortable in the attire, clearly not use to dressing up like he is.

"Good Evening." His head giving a small shake at the fellows question. "It hasn't scared of new folks. If anything, could inspire them to come. At least with fledgings it is likely to inspire them to try to make a name for themself. If they are brave or foolish enough to attempt it." Offering the man a hand in greeting. "Kieran Fletcher. Is always good to meet those I might be seeing often in these dire nights. Especially with the enemy not too far from invading the city."

Character Status

HEALTH

Bruised             □

Bruised             □
Hurt -1             □
Injured -1         □
Wounded -2      □
Mauled -2         □
Crippled -5        □
Incapacitated    □

WILLPOWER
●●●●● ○○○○○
□□□□□ □□□□□

BLOOD POOL
■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■

Blood Per Turn: ■■

Active Powers: None

spacer.pngBenji worked diligently on his art. It was not long before he had completed it. It was exceptional4 successes even at Diff 8 and would likely impress even the most hardened kindred, but it was not for anyone except Mary. Benji bit his finger just enough to draw blood and pressed a bloody fingerprint on the page in much the same way another artist might sign their piece. This was Benji's sanguine signature. He licked his finger and blew on the crimson seal so ot might dry a bit before he packed away his supplies and moved to find Mary. 

He made his way through the now swelling gathering. He did not know many of those that had arrived but he seemed to garner the attention of most as he sauntered through the groups. He was more than aware that his appearance drew stares but it simply didn't register. It was only important as it might make him a target, the awkward social bullsh*t just did not matter to the boy vampire. 

Finally he found Mary, having skipped her way around the event. "Thank you for your gift. I drew this for you." 

Name
Mary's Portrait
8d10 5,3,9,10,2,8,4,5

Model scarlett johansson 1080P, 2K, 4K, 5K HD wallpapers free download |  Wallpaper FlareMary paused and looked at Benji. Her head tilted slightly as she seemed to still be lost in her own world before she seemed to finally snap back to the reality before her. Looking to the picture she smiled brightly. 

For me?  Benji...  This is beautiful.   Thank you so much.  

She leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek.  Then she looked around before sliding her waist bag in front of her. 

I wish Jack was here tonight to show this off.   I think you'd get along with Jack fine...  He's also so busy though. So many conspiracies.  

Mary dug around in the bag for a moment.  Multiple random items feel on the floor from the pack as she rummaged.  Rubber bands. Cotton balls. Chapstick. Used syringe needle. Dead mouse. Broken candle. Moldy apple. Can of cat food. A few lint covered gummy bears. Locker key.   

Now I need to make sure I find a way to get this home safe.  

She pulled out a hair scrunchy from the bag and rolled the picture into a neat tube shape to avoid folding it. Then she lightly secured the scrunchy around it.  The Malkavian smiled over at Benji before quickly darting off to the coat check at the front door. 

I'd like to have this secured for the night please and thank you.  No tip for you if I get it back damaged... 

The random items lay completely forgotten on the floor where she'd been.