Harrower's Abode

Paro

Paro: Do you still want us to post the basic info we do in the old MW?

Asking because I'm not good yet with the formatting here. Either that or there are mistakes in the coding.

Also: I'd post IC for George to just send the letters as he proposed, except the old MW site seems to be hanging.

I figure the delay in everyone else's posting could be due to tax season, which I understand is in April.

Edit: Ok the site is working again.

Edited by radiant song (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I have been figuring out the new site and using for several months now. It takes some getting used to, you can try practice formatting here to test things.

I will post a receive IC example of what I am doing. Hoverfrog has more figured out than I too.

Edited by Paro (see edit history)

image.png.311e65091fee5b7d05355114961591e6.pngAkina Tsura, Kitsune Scout

Mini-stats

Akina Tsura :: Pathfinder :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Init +8, Speed 30, Perception +6 (Low-light vision)
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13 , CMD: 15
Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +1
HP: 17 Current:13
Conditions in Effect: Evasion

Weapon in Hand: Shortbow LH

Akina led the way back to the leader's chambers and suggested, "One of you should look around for magical auras. I can check for any traps on the desk and the chest in the back."

"There are also some papers scattered here on the desk. Look," she said examining them.

"It looks like they kept lists of things they stole. But there are some notes here that are in the Infernal tongue... they are a bit cryptic. Here is a request for more skeletal wolves to help protect their base and half-finished angry letter in which the writer seems to be frustrated at not being granted further audience with something called the Council."

There were no traps on the desk, nor anything but a few extra sheets of parchment in the drawer.

I'll be Across the Pond for the next two weeks - taking a romp around Scotland, England and Ireland with my daughter for her "senior trip" (six years in the making due to Covid and other travel restrictions and nearly 3 years after she graduated). I'll have a tablet over there and expect to have wi-fi access, but I suspect I won't have very much time and when I do I'll probably be collapsing into my bed :). But I'll do what I can to keep up and post.

Good luck and safe journey with your trip, MOC.

I too have figured out how to do the spoiler block - it's right underneath the B for Bold.

Like this

Hiding the mini stat block.

Has anyone figured out yet how to attach a character sheet to this game? It's not in the User Guide for this site.

I also haven't figured out how to use the Include Stat Block button - in the second row, third from the right.

Posted (edited)

You can just copy the sheet link and paste it into your stat block like my example above.

If you use the Clone button, you can copy the formatting of a previous post instead of using the quote button.

Safe travels MOC. Enjoy the trip.

Edited by Paro (see edit history)

I started up the new Thread for IC continuation. With the site transition and MOC on a trip, I was expecting some slowness. However, we need to complete the transfer for gameplay at least with the doomsday clock ticking away.

The IC thread has the ball still in your court as I am waiting for your characters to take actions. Looks like some letter writing and delivering is next?

Haven't figured out field sets yet. I guess I'll continue trying when I'm not so frustrated.

Added a post to my character thread for George. Convenient template for me to copy and paste whenever I need to add a new IC post.

I'm a little sleepy now so I'll finish posting IC when I'm better rested. Letter writing is hard.

Hope everyone has or had a good Easter if you celebrate it.

Hope Scotley is all right.

I've worked out that part of field set. I haven't figured out how to put the picture in the field set in an aesthetic manner, plus a few other things.

I dislike how the new site doesn't allow for simple character-coding like the old one; I can't just copy paste stuff from a simple notepad file. A lot of the formatting stuff like Bold and spoiler are unique to the site itself. They don't transfer.

I tried copy/pasting Paro's example above but it doesn't work out right. What I clone is a quote of Paro's post. I can't remove the surrounding quote part, and I'm not sure how to replace the old stuff with my stuff either.

Try using Clone instead of Quote, then the last button on the far right is the paste clone.

It really doesn't help much with formatting though since you practically have to change everything and better off starting from scratch. I personally did not really like the Fieldset, and just went with "click and drag" the Avatar picture to the post. Then double clicked the picture to open up and edit window so you can resize it to roughly 150x150 and then Left Justify it.

Then I added a Character name header and "Insert Horizontal Line"

Then I created a mini-stat Spoiler Block and had to edit by hand to show the text I wanted. But once it was completed for a character, it was good to go.

I think there is a way to use some BBCode, but I never spent time trying to figure it out.

Oh so that's what that Clone button was for. Darn it. Thanks Paro.

I think I'll go ahead with not using field set. I don't like how it's so difficult to manage.

Working on the letters. I'll have the post ready soon.

Hope no one minds that it'll be a lot of actions George performs himself - buying some more paper and maybe sealing wax, taking the letters to the temple of Pharasma and Abadar, leaving them on a 2nd+ story window sill or something using Mage Hand or Moneta.

If someone objects I'll just edit it, but that will probably result in the story not going as forward as we'd like.

Paro, wasn't my post enough to allow for a response post from you? Or is waiting for the letters to be seen not enough?

I guess George could also do some shopping but I wanted to see first if the letters were actually received instead of, for instance, thrown away.

I will add or revise if you wish, just let me know.

19 hours ago, radiant song said:

Paro, wasn't my post enough to allow for a response post from you? Or is waiting for the letters to be seen not enough?

Sorry, I was just waiting on others. MOC has not returned from vacation and I did not want to get too far without his return. I will look at updating today.

I'm back now, but of course being gone for so long left a ton of stuff to catch up on and a dearth of energy. You won't hurt my feelings if you move ahead without me - I'll catch up soon, I promise!