Name: Elmo Nicola Finger
DOB: March 2, 2035
Education: Junior High School
Base of Operations: Iruma, Saitama
Height: 5'8" (1.71 m)
Weight: 92 lbs. (41.7 kg)
Eye Color: Dark Grey
Hair Color: Red

Objective Function: Minimization of change and maximization of consistency.
False Belief: I will never be the same, never be whole.
Something to Prove: That he is in control.
Internal Conflict: Pragmatism vs Morality
Weakness: Need for Control

Complications:

Disability: Cerebral Palsy
Elmo was born with a condition that meant he will be using a wheelchair for the rest of his life. It is an ever looming threat of an increasing restriction of life-space. And when physical access is not in question, it can still be a mental strain, feeling powerless, in need of help, or a burden.

Responsibility: Coffee Shop Clerk
With the end of junior high school in sight, Elmo has taken his first job. He has started working as a barista at the local cafe, Neutral Grounds.

Debt: Thaddeus Vogelstein
Elmo owes his adoptive father a great debt for helping to forge him into the man that he is today. He strives to do that debt honor by acting [x].

Hatred: Potential Rivals
Elmo can become horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine his 'work' on the various games he plays, and honestly believes that he is surrounded by potential rivals no matter where he goes. He loathes to feel insignificant on guild raids or mass PVP events, even if the best he can do is nibble on the enemies' heels. He also cannot stand not being able to contribute.

Mechanics

ELMO FINGERPL 5

ABILITIES(-10pp)
Strength -2 (-4pp)
Stamina -1 (-2pp)
Agility -2 (-4pp)
Dexterity -2 (-4pp)
Fighting -2 (-4pp)
Intellect 2 (4pp)
Awareness 2 (4pp)
-----------------------------------------------
Total PP: -10pp

STRENGTH
AGILITY
FIGHTING
AWARENESS

STAMINA
DEXTERITY
INTELLECT
PRESENCE
ADVANTAGES9pp
Beginner's LuckBy spending a hero point, you gain an effective 5 ranks in one skill of your choice you currently have at 4 or fewer ranks, including skills you have no ranks in, even if they can’t be used untrained. These temporary skill ranks last for the duration of the scene and grant you their normal benefits. Jack-of-all-tradesYou can use any skill untrained, even skills or aspects of skills that normally cannot be used untrained, although you must still have proper tools if the skill requires them. Luck 2Once per round, you can choose to reroll a die roll, like spending a hero point (see hero points), including adding 10 to rerolls of 10 or less. You can do this a number of times per game session equal to your Luck rank, with a maximum rank of half the series power level (rounded down). Your Luck ranks refresh when your hero points “reset” at the start of an adventure. The GM may choose to set a different limit on ranks in this advantage, depending on the series.
Equipment 1You have 5 points per rank in this advantage to spend on equipment. This includes vehicles and headquarters. See Gadgets & Gear for details on equipment and its costs. Many heroes rely almost solely on Equipment in conjunction with their skills and other advantages. Languages 3You can speak and understand additional languages. With one rank in this advantage, you know an additional language. For each additional rank, you double your additional known languages: two at rank 2, four at rank 3, eight at rank 4, etc. So a character with Languages 7 is fluent in 64 languages! Characters are assumed to be fluent in any languages they know, including being able to read and write in them.

American Sign Language
French
German
Japanese
TeamworkYou’re effective at helping out your friends. When you support a team check (see Team Checks in The Basics) you have a +5 circumstance bonus to your check. This bonus also applies to the Aid action and Team Attacks.

SKILLS2 ranks / 2 = 1pp

Skill Bonus Ranks Ability Others
Acrobatics -2 - -2  
Athletics -2 - -2  
Close Combat: Unarmed -2 - -2  
Deception +0 - 0  
Insight +2 - 2  
Intimidation 0 - 0  
Investigation +2 - 2  
Perception +2 - 2  
Persuasion +0 - 0  
Ranged Combat: Throw +0 2 -2 + XBetter Lucky Than Good
Sleight of Hand -2 - -2  
Stealth -2 - -2  
Technology +2 - 2  
Treatment +2 - 2  
Vehicles -2 - -2  
DEFENSES(0pp)
Dodge: -2 (Agi) + 7 (powers) = 5
Parry: -2 (Fgt) + 7 (powers) = 5
Fort: -1 (Sta) + 6 (powers) = 5
Toughness: -1 (Sta) + 6 (powers) = 5
Will: 2 (awe) + 3 (powers) = 5
Total PP: 0pp

Dodge -2
Parry -2
Fortitude -2
Toughness -2
Will +2
POWERS4+3+7 = 14pp

• Better Lucky Than Good [Container]

• Fifty Percent of the Time, It Works Every Time [Enhanced Trait 8] details (4pp)Enhanced Trait

Ranged Combat: Throw +15

Cost: 1/r
Type: General
Action: Free
Range: Personal
Duration: Sustained

Modifier:
Limited: Ranks limited to target Digi-egg's Dodge -1/r

------------------------------------------------

Final Cost: 4pp

Good Luck Charm [Luck Control 1] details (3pp)Luck Control

Bestow Luck

Cost: 3/r
Type: Control
Action: Reaction
Range: Perception
Duration: Instant

Final Cost: 3pp

• Clutch
[Variable 1] details (7pp)Variable

Second Chance Advantage on Skills

Cost: 7/r
Action: Standard
Duration: Sustained

Final Cost: 7pp

EQUIPMENT3ep

• Wheelchair [Vehicle] details (3ep)Medium Size
Strength 2
Elongation 1 or Feature 1: Reach

TOTALS: Abilities (-10) + Advantages (9) + Skills (1) + Defenses (0) + Powers (14) = Total (14/75)

Edited by Passione
Removed Digi-Destined Resilience (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Appearance

Elmo is growing to be a tall kid with strong features. He has large eyes, heavy eyebrows, a prominent cheekbone, and naturally bright red lips. He has a head of deep red hair that goes past his shoulder blades. Sometimes, it gets tied or braided, but he prefers wearing it down. Elmo tends to be stoop-shouldered and prefers leaning on the right. He crosses his legs at the ankle, both by habit and for convenience. At first glance, he comes across as a scruffy moppet, but it doesn't take long for people to find him soft-spoken and tweedy.

His school uniform consists of a white long sleeve button up, black vest, red and yellow necktie, blue-grey pants, and school branded socks. In the summer, it gets pared down to a white short sleeve button up and blue-grey pants.

As for his plain clothes, he usually goes with a white cloth face mask, a plain white crew neck t-shirt, a handed-down black leather belt, denim pants, and footwear for the occasion.

He still has a folding wheelchair, but his daily driver is a black and burgundy Drive Cruiser XII on the off-chance he needs to posture up or climb some stairs.

Personality

Elmo has always been a stern, thoughtful, and earnest man. Although he harbors quite a negative view of people and society as a whole, he has a strong moral center and he would love to be proven wrong. And while he would not balk at bending the rules, Elmo would prefer to do things by the book. Especially so if he has seen that particular course of action work firsthand. Some might even call him an overly serious old geezer. 

He has a lot of patience, especially compared to other people his age. He is also known for liking cute stuff, which can be seen as in direct contrast to his hard-boiled nature.

quirks, flaws, vices, or secrets

The Story So Far...

Elmo Nicola Finger was born in a rural north Canadian town. He was born into a family of nine: his mother, father, and his six siblings. His father was an attendant at the railway station in the town and an alcoholic. He died when Elmo was five years old, after an accident that caused him to fall under a train. Her mother is a housekeeper at the town's two small hotels, and a distant figure; what active maternal affection she possessed had largely been eroded by work and weariness, and she had little energy to spare for her brood of children, of whom Elmo was the seventh and the last, so Elmo was left to his own devices and his siblings' care.

When Elmo was eight, her mother promptly sent him and his siblings off to different family friends. It surprised them that she had relinquished her parental rights. They fail to understand how she could do this to them, how she could separate them from each other. Their response ranged from embittered, disillusioned, and confused, to envy and pining. Elmo still doesn't know what to make of the situation and hasn't made any attempts at contacting their mother.

By the age of eleven, Elmo reckoned he has regained his life back. He has acclimated to a new country and culture. His family has fallen into a rhythm of getting in touch with each other at least a couple dozen times a year. Thaddeus Vogelstein, his adoptive father, has been nothing but doting, leaving him wanting nothing. He feels he is in a much better place.

And a few years later, at fourteen, he has a good feeling about finishing the third grade of junior high school or what would be equivalent to ninth grade. What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Passione (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Complications

Father Figure:

In coming of age stories, elders seem to always be the villain. Can I attach my father figure to the cabal of Kikai? How about as a mid boss mobster profiteering from the incident?

Rival:

Can we have a rival Digidestined with an Etemon?

Sistermon Blanc

Sistermon (Blanc)PL 8

ABILITIES(44pp)
Strength 0 (0pp) (-1 Shrinking)
Stamina 6 (12pp)
Agility 8 (16pp)
Dexterity 0 (0pp)
Fighting 0 (0pp)
Intellect 0 (0pp)
Awareness 8 (16pp)
Total PP: 44pp

STRENGTH
AGILITY
FIGHTING
AWARENESS

STAMINA
DEXTERITY
INTELLECT
PRESENCE
ADVANTAGES9pp
Agile Feint Disarming 4 Jack-of-all-trades
Benefit, Athletics Based on Agility Hide in Plain Sight Move-by Action

SKILLS60 ranks / 2 = 30pp

Skill Bonus Ranks Ability Others
Acrobatics +15 7 8  
Athletics +15 7 8  
Close Combat: Unarmed 0 - 0  
Deception +0 - 0  
Insight +15 7 8  
Intimidation -2 - 0 - 2 (Shrinking)
Investigation +15 15 0  
Perception +15 7 8  
Persuasion +0 - 0  
Ranged Combat: Throw +0 - 0  
Sleight of Hand +0 - 0  
Stealth +19 7 8 + 4 (Shrinking)
Technology +0 - 0  
Treatment +10 10 0  
Vehicles +0 - 0  
DEFENSES(10pp)
Dodge: 8 (Agi) + 2 (Shrinking) = 10
Parry: 0 (Fgt) + 8 (8pp) + 2 (Shrinking) = 10
Fort: 6 (Sta) + 2 (2pp) = 8
Toughness: 6 (Sta) = 6
Will: 8 (awe) = 8
Total PP: 10pp

Dodge 10
Parry 10
Fortitude 8
Toughness 6
Will 8
POWERS15+4+3+7 = 29pp

• Small [Shrinking 4] details (8pp)Cost: 2/r
Action: Free
Duration: Permanent

Modifier:
Permanent -0/r

-1 Strength
-2 Intimidation
+4 Stealth
+2 active defenses
-1 Size Rank

Final Cost: 8pp

• Cross Barbée [Array] details (19pp)17pp Primary Effect
2 Alternate Effects

Final Cost: 17pp + 2pp = 19pp

• Divine Pierce (Close) [Damage 6] details (17pp)Cost: 1/r
Type: Attack
Range: Close
Duration: Instantaneous

Modifiers:
Accurate 5 +5 flat
Penetrating 6 +6 flat

Final Cost: 17pp

• Divine Pierce (Ranged) [Damage 6] details (1pp)Cost: 1/r
Type: Attack
Range: Ranged (150/300/600 ft)

Modifiers:
Accurate 5 +5 flat
Increased Range: Ranged +1/r

Final Cost: 17pp : 1pp

Protect Wave [Healing 5] details (1pp)Cost: 2/r
Range: Close

Modifiers:
Burst Area 1 +1/r
Persistent +1 flat
Restorative +1/r
Selective +1/r
Limited 2: Once per conflict -2/r

Final Cost: 16pp : 1pp

TOTALS: Abilities (44) + Advantages (9) + Skills (30) + Defenses (10) + Powers (27) = Total (120/120)

Show this

Redirect

Takedown 1 or 2

Set-Up

Accurate, All-out, Defensive, Power Attack

Leaping

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/q9E8YFBRnqk Jiraiya; Rabbit on shoulders

immature, inexperienced, uncertain, and conflicted
find himself on the journey to ...

A cynical old bastard who lost out on his dreams and decided to make it everyone else's problem. Overcoming of cynicism by connecting with empathy and hope. learning to care for the future.

incapable of letting go of the past, walk around constantly in his old flight jacket and goggles, complete with that dashing old tiny pilot scarf. it's an outfit that would make him look heroic if not for his unshaved beard, ratty cigarettes, and the bandage on his brow. Combine that with his constant scowling in the way that he chews the ends of those cigarette filters.

grumpy old curmudgeon. someone who both holds on to their glorious imaginary past and who's burdened and embittered by it. He's a pilot who lost the sky, who lost his dreams, and who needs to learn to fly again.

Edited by Passione (see edit history)

Love the formatting! I still haven't gotten the hang of the new MW formatting yet.

So I do hate to sound abelist in this regard, but I'm curious just how Elmo functions in his job while being confined to a wheelchair. I don't mean to imply it's impossible, I just have a hard time picturing it myself.

I don't want to comment too much on his mechanics quite yet, since it looks like you still have a fair amount of points to spend. I know I said you can save your points for later, and I do stand by that, but 29/75 seems like a fairly large discrepancy. Though for what you have now, I suppose the only question I have is my confustion about the Digi-Destined Resilience. You're a normal human, after all, there's no super-natural force that's empowering you.

Could you elaborate a bit more on his family life? I understand that he's living with a family friend in Japan, though beyond the name of his adoptive father it's a bit wanting for details.

As for the Rival request... I can definitely set something up for that. You're welcome to provide me with some basic details if you like, otherwise I can come up with them myself.

Does Sistermon(Blanc) not have skill points for her trident?

Posted (edited)

Thank you! I am still learning too!

It's cool. It's part of the process. He functions just fine, if a bit cumbersome, because of the amount of space the chair occupies. There are also chairs with a "stand" function, so he can reach up.

Also, here are some videos.
Barista https://www.tiktok.com/@gremlingrandparent/video/7146689230712884522
Power Wheelchair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZc9dlHq9w
Manual Wheelchair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en8QbQ5APBo
Out of topic, but a body builder I like https://www.tiktok.com/@woodybelfort/video/7323213750541012229?lang=en

Digi-Destined Resilience is just there to meet Defense caps. I can take it out.

The past six years have been challenging but fruitful.

• Thaddeus owes Elmo's father a life debt. Although their parts have diverged, Thaddeus still reminisces about the time they spent together.
  • Elmo was academically stifled for the first two years of his stay, but has since adapted to the new system.
  • The pair has a monthly bonding activity of seeking out breakwaters and beaches, and capturing the sunset. There is a print copy waiting for Elmo on his graduation.
  • The pair are unwillingly and unknowingly teaching each other the meaning and value of self-esteem and self-actualization.
  • Thaddeus works as an art dealer as a front.
  • Thaddeus acts as a captain, lieutenant, or middle manager for their cell of smugglers, corporate spies, or black market connections.
  • Thad is bitter yet pining for his mentor figure.
  • Sibling Benedict acted out, and got sent to juvie.
  • With Aunt Coraline and Uncle George, sibling Ashley flourished as a professional swimmer in Australia.

• Sibling Benedict got out, and has been staying in a halfway house.
  • Sibling Ashley got married and is expecting her first kid.
  • Sibling Konrad has fallen into a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories. He is actively seeking out and following leads about their father's death.

If the cast is more on the young side, I am toying with the idea of a shit-eating older peer, like Angelica from Rugrats.

If the cast is more mature, maybe we can make the rival someone hypercompetent but misguided (from the PCs perspective). A lethal protector wannabe, a part of the old guard withholding secrets, or a secret agent working both sides.

If you mean Close and Ranged Attack skills, I solely used Accurate on both Divine Pierces. Would you prefer I used skills instead? I was also thinking of not making Cross Barbee, Anthony, and Shirotsume Ichimonji as Devices.

Edited by Passione
one bullet a tad dark. Sibling names are still placeholders. I do like Ashley as the eldest. (see edit history)