The Stew of Tiamat

Ridai

Vesper studied the map in front of them as Anise showed them each stop on their quest and commited it to memory, to his mind the best course of action would be to attend the Burokori Forest first, that way they could obtain the Emeraldia and deal with the kobolds in one fell swoop. Luckily for him that also appeared to be the opinion of the rest of the group and he could happily remain silent on the matter, it simply wouldn't do for a butler to venture their opinion without being asked for it first.

The matter at hand dealt with it was time to prepare for their trip and he once again found himself listening, the swordsman baring his dark secrets to the group, keen elvish butler instincts weighing up is words. "It shows great character that you would bring this to our attention, you were under no obligation to do so, and you have certainly done no wrong by me or my employer. I certainly see no reason to doubt your integrity."

"With my employer, Lord Reuben, otherwise occupied defeating the Demon Lord it seemed only prudent that I would act in his stead. Besides which it would be terribly improper to refuse an invitation from royalty no?"

He kept silent on the matter of Sir Tourna's nature, he might have been a known quantity to most of the city, but since arriving in Entrée Lord Reuben's manor had kept him singularly occupied so the magitech creature was as much a mystery to him as it was to Santokumaru. Though the thought that he might pre-date elvish civilisation certainly sparked his interest.

Eleanora nods agreeably as the different paths are explained, only wincing slightly to herself when she sees just how far away her new post is from the capital. (Not that it really matters, of course, since she's already from way out at that edge of the country anyways! Which means her mother can visit more often...)

"Well now, don't beat yourself up too much, Santo; ya seem a decent fella to me, so I'm sure it was an accident. I've had my share of those, so I know; just ask one of the nice folks workin' right here if ya want an example!" Eleanora winks at the nearest passing worker, pretending not to notice when their footsteps speed up. "As for why I'm on this quest thing... well, the princess done did ask us t'do it, didn't she? Why not? I'm off to a little old monastery out in the eastern fringe near family anyways, so worst comes to worst I'll just drop off there once we got the void pepper thingummys and yer all sick o'me." The irrepressible grin is back full force, if a little bit off kilter. Necrobotany was tons of fun, but who knew it could use up so much of a girl's energy? She'd need to find something filling to eat soon before they left; it's a shame the ghostly tomato vanished at the end of the spell...

Posted (edited)

Just before heading out, a brief stop is made at The Wrong Cabbage, the inn located right at the main street through the town of Entrée. One may think the very recent appearance of a dragon now occupying the castle throne room would slow down business, and you would be correct! Guests are doing their best to not go outside (though they still look out the windows at the swirling mass of clouds, and the castle), and the staff is equally worried. Thus Eleanora coming in and ordering a meal is at first met with a flat "what", but after a moment or two of summarizing what the party is up to, The Wrong Cabbage is not going to let some dragon keep them from whipping up something delicious for its guests!

So as to not keep the party too long, an astounding bowl of thoroughly mixed salad with its share of meatballs as well as a root beer later, Eleanora is practically bursting with energy (briefly illuminating the dining hall as the waitress stands nearby, smiling). Now then! The party makes its way out the northern townsgate and-

"Vesper! Vesper!" the party hears the voice of a young woman calling out from the gate behind them. Turning around, they see the a maid of a noble household, slight in frame, with big watery eyes, sniffling a little. "I h-heard about your quest. P-please be careful, a-a-and come back soon!" she says, voice shaky, clasping her hands in front of her chest. "There's still so much cleaning up to do-hoo-hoooo!" Brie blows her nose in a handkerchief as she waves goodbye for now to her only hope to ever conquer the mess Lord Reuben left behind.

So, the party embarks on their journey, out into the rolling fields of Entrée, leaving the capital and the roiling swirl of clouds above it behind them. At the town's gate, Brie keeps waving, a sympathetic guard handing her a few more handkerchiefs. King Consommé orders his troops to train like they have never done before, preparing for the counterattack. Up in the castle's throne room, Princess Blanche watches the party head out far below, hope in her heart as she prays for their safety on this perilous journey.

What dangers and wonders shall they encounter?

CHEFS OF THE ROUND

THE STEW OF TIAMAT

First Course: Emeraldia, Apples of (Former) Plague

Our brave heroes venture along the road leading north for a while, until they take the path known to lead to their first destination. They walk across the region's beautiful gently sloping meadows, cross little babbling brooks, until they reach the edge of Burokori Forest, the predominantly rounded treetops letting just enough evening sunlight filter through to paint a tranquil picture, were it not for the sense of unease suffusing the forest. There are fewer sounds than usual, many animals in hiding from the evil dragon's presence that is felt in the entire region. They had heard the beasts of the region were growing restless, and there are the occasional distant snarls, but they are fortunate today, no predators crossing their path. At least none that wish to try and attack them.

The walk through Burokori Forest, following the winding path indicated by the map Anise gave them, is a quiet one, until they emerge on the clearing dominated by the massive Suesz Tree. A mere month or two ago, the tree used to be much more gnarled and twisted, but bearing grand, green apples, so very inviting to anyone who would come across them. They would give relief and comfort to anyone having a bite, and in the past, the apples were taken into settlements beyond the forest, only for them to be wiped out by terrible disease a week later. And still the victims craved the apples as they wasted away...

However, now it is a vital tree in full bloom, the plague specter that lived within banished by the Heroes of Light, leaving the forest much healthier and safer. Not to mention the fruit now being legitimately healthy (after many, many thorough tests), already having gotten ear-marked to be added to seasonal Entrée cuisine.

And speaking of fruit, the party sees the tree having been picked clean, save for a single Emeraldia very high up. The kobolds are crafty little fellows, if not necessarily security-minded ones, as is evident by the dangerously rickety ladders, at times loosely tied or bolted to the tops of other ladders at worrying angles, having been left leaning against the tree. Seemingly they were in a hurry. Despite not looking old in the slightest, some of the ladders are already broken, and especially the really top-most one with the most heart-stopping "construction" involved seems to have suffered a terrible fate, sparing the single apple. Forever taunting the little lizards with its succulent taste and wonderful green color that gives it its name.

Thus, no easy source of apples is left for the party. Fortunately for them, however, they not only see the remains of an eaten Emeraldia lying around, but also... plenty of footprints left by lizards walking on two legs, plus stubby tails. Whoever was in charge of secretly digging a tunnel through the Grand Granary's solid stone foundation (with spoons, no less!) and into the Affinity Storages to quietly nab all apples clearly was not in charge of whatever happened here, given the lack of operational security. Whether the kobolds thought no one would come and check the tree, they didn't have any time, or simply didn't care, following the trail is outright trivial.

It doesn't take long until they can spot the beginnings of a combination of slopes and thickets and almost interwoven trees, making it very difficult to continue on, save for a relatively narrow passageway. And as luck would have it, their passage has also been noticed.

From the bushes beside the path emerge three lanky, unnaturally undulating creatures, clad in black coats and just as dark wide-brimmed hats, hiding any features they might have in darkness amidst the dim evening lighting of the inner forest, the trees extending far, far above the party. The creatures' arms are long and winding, moving almost as if possessing minds of their own, as all three of the shadowy beings tower over the party.

"We're da Evil Guards of da Ramena Bowl!" They boom, all three raising and wiggling their arms, before letting their bark-like claws extend back towards the party, idly rotating menacingly. "Go away or get cuuursed!" ("Cuuursed!" "C-c-c-cuuursed!") Once again, the dark guardians of this section of the forest raise their unnatural facsimilies of arms, as if to threatening an invocation most foul, as their bodies never cease swaying. What fiends has the awakening of Haxenspargilis brought forth?!

What do our brave heroes do?

OOC

You are facing three vile guardian demons!

There are several things you can do here, and in the spirit of fair play, including some things involving some light retroactive declaration.

If you would, say, like to persuade (or deceive) them, that would be an 【INS + WLP】check, whereas intimidating them/telling them whatfor would be 【MIG + WLP】. Each, of course, requiring a valid approach in what you are actually saying.

If you would like to examine something more closely or recall information, that would be 【INS + INS】, or if you feel like you would have been doing stealthy scouting ahead, you can roll 【DEX + DEX】to go unnoticed by the creatures.

Feel free to suggest other approaches and/or rolls as well. If you would like to do investigations or other things prior to this point, such as on the way to the forest or at the Suesz Tree, feel free to add those as well.

Naturally, you can also spend Fabula Points to Alter the Story, contributing towards extra XP for the party at the end of the Burokori Forest session as usual.

Eleanora, please substract 10z for the meal at the inn, which also fully recovers your HP and MP.

Edited by Ridai (see edit history)

As the party gets more time to talk at The Wrong Cabbage, Santokumaru finds himself enjoying others' company for once. Vesper tells stories of the Elysium Academy with gentlemanly flair, Eleanora explains some of the philosophy behind her magic -- Santokumaru didn't know vegetables even had spirits -- and Tourna whirs and chirps along with the conversation whenever appropriate. Santokumaru had always thought of his banishment from Honyaki as a dreaded weight to carry, but as the meal winds down, he starts to wonder if making friends from around the realm isn't such a terrible fate after all.

The journey north is uneventful, and Santokumaru stays relatively quiet most of the way, occasionally jotting down a quick poem of a terrain feature or a landmark that inspires a new way of cutting. When they reach the forest's edge, he unbuckles the enormous knife block on his back and refastens it at his waist, so it looks more like a traditional warrior's scabbard. As they say in Honyaki, "The time it takes to hold one's knife, can measure the end of a slow man's life."

It isn't long before they encounter the guardian demons, wavering and shimmering in place. With a hand poised just above his blades, he thinks back to Honyaki's folklore of spirits and shadow things. Was there something in there about guardian demons...?

No rhymes or cryptic warnings come to him. Perhaps this was a creature unrecorded in Honyaki's region of the realm.

Edited by Zashuan (see edit history)
Name
Guardian Demon Lore (INS + INS; Supporting Vesper)
2d8 6,3

A quick pitstop at The Wrong Cabbage (and a proper wipedown of the table before he would let any of his companions sit down) later and it was time for our heroes to head off on their valiant quest! Except...

"My apologies but I think it best that I deal with this before we depart." Vesper offered to the rest of the party before turning to head back towards the gate "Please don't feel obliged to wait on my behalf."

Placing a hand on the young maid's shoulder he offered her a reassuring smile, fishing out his pocket square and offering it to her "Come now Brie, tears are unbecoming for people of our station, remember we represent Lord Reuben. I give you my word that I shall return as soon as I am able and I have every faith in you in the meantime, you cared for his estate before my employ and I am sure you are still up to the task."

With that he turned on his heels and headed back to join the rest of the party, catching up with a surprising alacrity if they had decided to go ahead without him.

Vesper rather enjoyed walking through the Burokori Forest, going straight from the Elysium Academy to Entrée it had been far too long since he had simply enjoyed the outdoors, perhaps he'd come back one day after all this was settled, maybe bring a picnic. He was rudely interupted from planning what cheeses would pair well with an elven loaf by the sudden appearance of the three dark figures, regarding them with the kind of look that was normally reserved for a drunken lout trying to force his was in to a party.

"Pardon my asking Lord Santokumaru." He whispered to the samurai "You've travelled, what do you make of these creatures?"

INS+INS

Name
INS+INS
1d10+1d10 6,5

Eleanora finished her meal at the Wrong Cabbage with a bright smile and a request for the recipe (turned down, as usual, but what could you do). It was something of a shame that the trip into the forest was so uneventful; she'd been able to use her magic twice without anyone screaming and running and with only a few disapproving sniffs, so she was curious if the good luck would continue!

As Eleanora looked at the last, lonely green apple on the tree, a thought struck her. "How long did ol' Hexy say he'd been nappin' fer, again?" She muttered mostly to herself, eyeing the clearly-no-longer-cursed tree and the detritus scattered all around it. She never had much of a reason to try out curses, honestly; a priestess of Life is generally about removing them, and people seemed to think that changing the curse to something useful didn't count. But if a cursed apple was part of the original Stew, wasn't that important?

Because of this line of thinking, Eleanora's response to the mysterious figures and their threatening of curses brought out Eleanora's brightest, most eager smile. "A curse, you say? What kind? Transmogrifyin's a classic, but it's not that much of a deterrent, if ya know yer history; trun a guy inta a weasel, ya think he'd stay away, but he just vows vengeance and gathers companions and such. Lots a' other curses are just magical poisons, really; cramps in the stomach, eyeballs boilin' out, tongue swellin' ta choke yer throat, all that business. The real fun ones are the weird ones--cursed to always be cold in warm rooms, cursed to meet the love of yer life as yer killin' them, cursed to not know yer lefts from yer rights--but those are little things. The big ones are the mysterious ones--like the one on the big ol' tree a ways back."

Leaning forward conspiratorially, Eleanora lowers her voice, though her smile doesn't shrink one millimeter. "Say, you ol' curse-flingers wouldn't know the makeup of that there ol' curse, would ya? I think I can whip up somethin' similar, but if I get the dosage wrong I could end up killin' people too fast, and then we're back to just magical poison again. Help a girl out, won't ya?"

Accidental Intimidation (INS+WLP)

Name
Accidental Intimidation (INS+WLP)
2d10 2,7

Tourna tilted its head on one side curiously as the hat-wearing creatures accosted them, before deciding that the appropriate response was to wave its arms in mimicry of them, chirruping happily - until it got distracted by Eleonora talking about whipping something up, and it stood up straight like it was trying to stand to attention, rummaged away within its body and produced...

Well, the perceptive might deduce that once upon a time it had been the vines from the Tree That Had Once Been A Round Table, but between the lingering effects of Eleonora's magic and whatever strange non-space was contained within the little golem's body, it had become something...else. Something hungry. Tourna pulled a big stew spoon out of its storage, bashed the mass of roots and vines with it a couple of times - which didn't seem to do much actual damage beyond dazing the malignant foliage - and offered it to Eleonora with a happy beeping.

Assisting With Accidental Intimidation (INS + WLP)

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)
Name
Assisting With Accidental Intimidation (INS + WLP)
1d8+1d10 7,4

Posted (edited)

At the northern gate of Entrée

Brie sniffles as she dabs her eyes dry with the offered pocket square, offering a shaky smile to Vesper as she is feeling a bit more warm and tingly inside. "I'll *sniffle* I'll do my best!" she says, retrieving a fresh, neatly folded pocket square from one of her own pockets and offering it to Vesper as replacement. She even adds a little curtsey! A quiet "n'awww" is heard from the nearby guards.

In the depths of the Burokori Forest

The Evil Guards of da Ramena Bowl undulate and move their claws menacingly with their spindly arms, deep shadows cast by their inhuman shapes.

Until Eleanora starts to speak, that is, all three briefly stopping what they are doing (but still swaying). On the first question about the type of curse, the guardian on the right (the one Eleanora is closest to) clears his throat, raises his arms (brief hitch when it sees Tourna doing the same!), and tries to interject "E~e~evil cur-", but Eleanora just keeps going. And the more she lists with no shortage of enthusiasm, while caressing the dazedly wiggling mass of wooden (and a little table-shaped?) roots, the more the guardians stop moving. Arms frozen in the air at first, but moving closer to the body with every passing example.

Eleanora leans in, and the guardian in front of her bends back at the same time, swaying even more dangerously while quickly glancing to its colleagues, who suddenly seem very interested in the poofy tree crowns far above or a nearby bush. As the priestess requests help, still smiling widely, there is a moment of silence, drops of sweat flowing quickly down the darkness beneath the hat.

"I, uh, I go get da... curse book. Yeah. You wait here." And with that, the guardian rotes, top first, then followed by the bottom. It quickly runs down the path into the area presumed to be the Ramena Bowl, moving in serpentines while swaying close to losing balance in every curve, arms noodling wildly in the air. The other two Evil Guards make shocked noises, startled by their colleague running away tactically retreating to lay even more fearsome curses on the party. The back of the running guardian looks just as weird as the front, with three protusions under the coat, one close to the shoulders, one in the small of the back, and one near whatever it has for feet.

The two remaining guards try to regain their composure, clearing their throats and getting their menace back on. "You... you better run! Or you get even scarier curses! And evil fire! Eeevil!" More arm-raising, as if the party were a bear to intimidate.

During this whole exchange, Vesper and Santokumaru examine the Evil Guards of da Ramena Bowl closely, comparing notes. Vesper, of course, received an immaculate education, in addition to brushing up on topics local to the area. Ramena Bowl does indeed ring a bell, there even was a small note on the map handed to them, indeed describing the area ahead of them, surrounded by natural (if unusual) barriers. But he remembers nothing in the way of tales about guardians or "Evil Guards" of said area. What he knows about demonology also fails to match the appearances of the creatures ahead of them (who are visibly perturbed by Eleanora's enthusiasm).

Santokumaru, likewise, fails to recall any of the many local spirits that would match these demons. There are a few that take the form of animate (and often irate) household items. Cautionary tales are passed from generation to generation in that regard, as, for example, if a hundred years old family chef's knife is no longer well-cared for, things could get dicey, figuratively and literally. But long fellows in coats and hats, no, can't say those have come up.

While there is still the chance of local, little-known apparitions or entities, Vesper can put those to rest with decent certainty. You see, most thoroughly evil creatures like specters and demons... come with corresponding presences, auras. Their evil affects their surroundings. To the sharp elvish-butlery eye... that is simply not present. So these are most likely terrestial creatures, no ones connected to other, overlaying spheres.

And perhaps even more irksome, these ruffians have poorly-fitted coats and hats, both overly large! And Vesper can definitely see the creatures moving in three distinct sections beneath the coats. Some form of charade is afoot here. The ruffians certainly seem a bit on the backfoot in the face of Eleanora's unbridled inquiries, and one of their colleagues taking off, shamefully leaving the others behind.

OOC

There are now only two... yeah pretty sure they aren't demons at all. And they are trying to keep the crazy curse nerd priestess at a lanky arm's length. One of them wears a flat-topped wide-brimmed hat, the other a pointy wide-brimmed hat.

What do you do?

As Eleanora keeps the creatures horrifyingly spellbound with her litany of creative curses (with Tourna's help!), Santokumaru gets the chance to talk to Vesper for a brief moment. Before Santokumaru can apologize for not having heard of these bizarre spirits, the gentleman butler puts Santokumaru's consternation to rest; he's convinced that these aren't actually demons at all. Upon closer examination, their poorly sized outfits do look awfully suspect, not to mention their forms beneath the clothes have a distinctly... three-sectional geometry.

Perhaps unnecessary conflict can be avoided and Eleanora's magical energy might be conserved, if only their true natures were revealed. Santokumaru takes a deep breath, as his left foot shifts slightly in the forest dirt. He focuses his thoughts and his intention on the hats of the two remaining creatures, imagining them as stems to be cut away from the tops of tomatoes.

As a forest breeze rustles the leaves above the path, Santokumaru becomes a blur as he moves with the wind.

In a burst of imperceptibly quick motion, he returns to his original point on the path, and looks down at his hands. He is holding a pair of twigs, taken from the branches of a nearby tree. Well this looks awfully foolish, Santokumaru thinks to himself. How he could have miscalculated such a simple movement, he wonders.

Then it occurs to him -- this is not a forest of tomatoes, but apples. Coring an apple and slicing a stem from a tomato are two entirely different moods, methods, maneuvers, mentalities.

He makes a second move, this time with a poem in his mind.

~ A red coat, a hat

Of wood, and stones in pocket.

Apples dress for war. ~

Edited by Zashuan (see edit history)
Name
Stealing the "Demons'" Hats (DEX + DEX)
2d10 2,5
Fabula Point Reroll
1d10+5 5

Posted (edited)

Akin to the ancient skill of butlers to simply fade into the background as needed, but more dramatic, Santokumaru becomes a blur of motion, appearing behind the Evil Guards. A moment of silence before the wind finally rushes past him, holding in his ha- yeah okay those were twigs nevermind, take TWO, ancient butling fade drama zoooom silence wind-whoosh and he holds two HATS in his hand (and conveniently standing with his party again, having just counter-flash-stepped). From each falls a regular red apple, stashed there for emergency nom purposes.

From the popped collars of the dark coats, the heads of kobolds look back at you, with their big, slitted, yellow eyes, their stubby horns, and rounded lizard-like snouts still half-buried in the collars. Both of them have rough wooden cones tied in front of their mouths.

"No magicking us! Our eeevil curse-fires will beat your dumb hats-" the formerly pointy-hatted kobold taunts, making its voice dip as low as it can, helped by the cone, which wobbles in front of its snout. It is interrupted by a more squeaky voice from within the coat.

"Is dat kobold hats- OW!" Motion inside the coat preceeds the yelp. "Shut up, kobold hats way better-" the top kobold tries to whisper down, very much not helped by the cone. And it gets interrupted by the other top kobold.

"Where da hats- the hoomans stole da hats!" Shocked! Appalled! Their clever disguise ruined! How did they see through it?! Were they simply envious of their superior hattage?!

"Okay, Plan NEXT!" The formerly pointy-hatted top kobold yells, both Evil Guards shedding their coats dramatically (if also haphazardly), revealing two towers made of three kobolds stacked on top of each other. Each of the creatures is small, with reddish scales and darker splotches, stubby legs and arms attached to a chubby torso, ending in a short tail.

The top kobolds are holding bendy three branches with poorly-carved claws tied to the end, but those are cast away, reaching back for something else. The formerly-bepointed top kobold soon holds a gnarled wooden staff much longer than a single kobold, with a shiny stone (in a rough apple-shape) tied to the top end. The other formerly flat-behatted top kobold huffs and puffs with effort, lifting a large chunk of stone in the shape of an oversized sword (also much bigger than the average kobold).

"Y-you go away now! Or get da evil shiny curse-fire-zappy curse!" The wizard(?) kobold babbles through its speaking cone, shaking its staff.

"A-and da bonky curse-fire-zappy... thinger! Kobold Munchking Sdroodl no like hoomans!" The warrior(?) kobold adds, swinging its sword, making the kobold tower bend and sway precariously.

OOC

The demons are revealed in their true form aaaas kobolds in trenchcoats. They seem battle-ready...ish, but the feats of scary curse talking by Eleanora and sudden hat nabbing by Santokumaru have them perturbed and concerned and on the back foot (the bottom kobolds getting the leggiest of leg days today).

Santokumaru's eyes narrow at the mention of the "evil shiny curse-fire-zappy curse." While the exact nature of this spell was somewhat indecipherable, a threat was a threat. He looks to his newfound allies, who nod in silent assent. And then there's Tourna, who burbles something that he assumes is assent.

"A battle, then," Santokumaru says, lowering in his stance. "May my blades cut through your ill intent."

The kobolds, in response, yell "F-for Kobold Munchking Sdroodl!", hopping as they do.

Battle Start! Round 1!

Initiative

1. Chefs of the Round
  2. Wizard Kobold Stack
  3. Chefs of the Round
  4. Warrior Kobold Stack
  5. Chefs of the Round
  6. Chefs of the Round

The wizard-ish kobold stack begins swinging its stick towards Vesper, the shiny stone doing shiny things!

The warrior-ish kobold stack begins somewhat literally winding up an attack at Santokumaru!

Tourna paused for a moment as the 'demons' doffed their robes, looking up and down at the kobold-stacks curiously, evidently trying to work out what they were doing and why they were doing it.

After a moment, having failed to do so, it decided to stick to what it knew and opened its 'head' again to reveal what was suddenly a bubbling stew. From a side pocket of its body it pulled out a few random ingredients, shook a couple of them, threw one over its shoulder, put the others in, and gave the whole thing a stir with the soup spoon it was still holding before scuttling up to the sword-wielding kobolds and offering the bottom kobold a taste. It probably needed the energy boost lifting up the other two kobolds...it was just a shame that Tourna had added some five-alarm spice to the stew.

OOC

Tourna activates Alchemy to create a potion, rolling 9 and 14.

Target: 9 -> One enemy you can see that is present in the scene...
Effect: 14 -> ...suffers dazed, slow, shaken and weak.

Have fun, warrior kobold-stack!

Santokumaru notices the staff-holding kobold tower spiral dangerously close to Vesper. In an instant, he reaches into the folds of his yukata, pulls out a famous Honyaki onion, and tosses it into the air.

" ~ From a heart of soil, its miasma burns like flame, even dragons might weep. ~ "

As it falls, there is a cacophony of metallic unsheathing and slicing noises while Santokumaru cuts the onion into a fine spray with all of his blades at once, directed at the column of kobolds.

"Tears of the Dragon!"

Name
Tears of the Dragon (DEX + INS; Dazing Hinder)
1d10+1d8 2,1

Well things suddenly made a lot more senses now that the demons had revealed themselves as mere stacks of the very apples thieves they had been seeking in the first place. As a proper gentlemen's gentleman it wasn't Vesper's nature to take the lead but thankfully Santokumaru had provided a splendid example to follow. Quite how he was storing the ingredients he produced from his well pressed suit was a story for another time but like the noble swan he worked with a speed and frenzy that belied his elegance to combine them on the fly.

"Et voila!" He declared theatrically, revealing a small sweet treat in one gloved hand, those kobolds certainly seemed to talk enough that he didn't think he'd have any issue getting it in to one of their mouths. Darting forward he thrust his creation at the nearest reptilain maw while his free hand swung out hard in a well practiced uppercut.

Butler Punch

Name
Butler Punch
1d10+1d8 4,2