Ironsworn: Odyssey - Session 0

Vladim

Let's start with a consent list. Please fill it in at your leisure. Note that some topics such as some types of explicit / violent / graphic / worldly talk content may break Myth-Weavers rules, so we should anyway avoid them.

spacer.png

The list is from Monte Cook games: Consent in gaming and freely / legally downloadable. Here's the link: Consent in Gaming - Monte Cook Games Store

Here's mine:

spacer.png

I'm basically open for some kinds of uncomfortable content, as long as we (a) keep it classy and (b) discuss in advance if it feels that such content might be potentially uncomfortable to anyone.

Ok, so to summarize our red lines, these are:

• Harm to children
  • Explicit scenes
  • Sex
  • Real-world cultures (or poor metaphors thereof) and social / cultural issues regarding them
  • Sexual assault

These things should not be in the game. For other content that has the potential to be offensive, troubling or uncomfortable, and not in violation of Myth-Weavers rules, please discuss OOC before including!

As a social scientist and researcher, I was a bit unhappy with the options. There's a big range between "Enthusiastic Bring it on" and "I'd prefer it doesn't happen in the actual game scenes." I tended to use the "green" option as: "I'm OK if it happens" (given the "realities of war" vibe) rather than "I would like it to happen."

Also, what's explicit romance? (as opposed to explicit sex)

Like, a soldier's memory of a tender moment exchanging a final hug, kiss, and "I love you" with his betrothed before leaving for war?

9 minutes ago, Vladim said:

Ok, so to summarize our red lines, these are:

• Harm to children
  • Explicit scenes
  • Sex
  • Real-world cultures (or poor metaphors thereof) and social / cultural issues regarding them
  • Sexual assault

These things should not be in the game. For other content that has the potential to be offensive, troubling or uncomfortable, and not in violation of Myth-Weavers rules, please discuss OOC before including!

Sounds good.

So what's our next step? Do we flesh out more of the setting, or do we start the collaborative character creation?

1 minute ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Sounds good.

So what's our next step? Do we flesh out more of the setting, or do we start the collaborative character creation?

Either, I think. I am not against folks writing characters and then using the backstories to flesh out the setting, or the other way around. We may need to discuss in case of contradicting information, but I hope that we can manage this in a collaborative way. Honestly, I am good to try-if it works, it works, if it doesn't... it was probably worth trying anyway!