Handgun: +6, dc 19 toughness

Defences: 5pp

Dodge: 4

Parry: 4

Fortitude: 5

Will: 5

Toughness: 6

Skills: 19pp

Athletics 8 (10), investigation 10 (10), insight 4 (8), perception 1 (5), acrobatics 6 (10), vehicles 2 (2), ranged combat (guns) 6 (6), treatment 1 (1)

Advantages: 14pp

Improved initiative, assessment, interpose, fearless, well informed, tracking, equipment 4, uncanny dodge, luck, teamwork, languages (Japanese, English)

Equipment: 20ep

Handcuffs, 1ep

Holster: Quick draw, 1ep

Handgun: Damage 4, ranged, 8ep

Police Cruiser: Large, strength 6, Speed 6, Defense 9, Toughness 8, 10ep

Powers: 4pp

Remarkable Deduction: Senses 4, postcognition, investigation check required (dc 13) , 1pp

Athletic: 2pp +1

Speed 2

AE: Leaping 2

Tough: Protection 1, permanent. 1pp

30+5+19+14+4= 72

Personality

Rin can be rash and hotheaded at times but she is also brave and loyal. She is willing to put herself in danger if it means protecting someone else, whether that be a friend or a complete stranger. She is the type of person to stand up for what she thinks is right even when others don't agree with her, partly because of a strong moral code and partly becasue she is just plain stubborn. As a rookie cop she is eager to prove herself and is always looking for a way to make a difference in the world.

Backstory

When Rin was young, like many children she was obsessed with Digimon. She watched all the shows, played all the games and even had an agumon lunchbox in elementary school. She always admired the various protagonists of the digimon franchise, despite being kids like she was they still stood up for what they was right. As she got older her interest in the franchise faded but she still remembered it fondly and would occasionally revisit it when she felt nostalgic.

Rin was born in Tokyo and has lived there with her mother and father her whole life, until he passed away when she was 13. Rin's father was a detective and ever since she was young she wanted to be just like him. She always worked hard to avoid getting into any trouble and took the police reqruitment exam while in her last year of high school. Recently she has finished her police training and is begining to get experience in the field.

With the anniversery of the Digimon franchise she has begun to become interested in it again, having seen the rerelease of the original movie in the cinema and has been excited to try out Digimon GO! when it releases.

Motivation and Complications

Motivation: Rin is primarily motivated by both a desire to do good and to live up to her father's legacy. It is for these reasons that she joined the police force.

Responsibility (police officer): As a police officer Rin has a responsibility to follow the law. On top of that she sometimes has to work long hours, potentially getting in the way of other important parts of her life and her ability to play "Digimon GO!". Especially since she is new at her job she feels she needs to prove herself and can't afford to make any major mistakes.

Relationship (mother): Rin lives in an appartment with her mother. It's just been the two of them since her father passed. Her mother worries about her and tried to discourage her from becoming a cop. Rin understands why her mother feels this way, especially since her father died on duty but she still joined the force all the same which is putting a strain on their relationship.

Edited by Seandiggersby (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Name: Loogamon

Level: Rookie

Type: Dark Animal

Attribute: Virus

Family: Nightmare Soldiers

Evolution Line: 

Fusamon -> Bowmon -> Loogamon -> Garurumon -> MachGaogamon -> MirageGaogamon

Loogamon

Pl 8    pp 120

Abilities: 20pp

Strength: 0          fighting: 0

Agility: 2              awareness: 0

Dexterity: 0          Intellect: 0

Stamina: 8           presence: 0

Initiative: +10

Howling Fire: +6, dc 21 toughness (150,300,600). Fire

Howling Fire (Cone): dc 18 dodge, dc 18 toughness. Fire

Spiral Bite: +8, dc 23 toughness. Neutral

Defences: 18

Dodge: 8

Parry: 8

Fortitude: 8

Will: 8

Toughness: 8

Skills: 15

Athletics 6 (6), acrobatics 1 (3), perception 9 (9), Intimidation 12 (12), stealth 2 (4)

Advantages: 10pp

Power attack, improved initiative 2, move by action, startle, interpose, extraordinary effort, teamwork, all out attack, Luck

Powers: 49

Shrinking 4 (size -1, +2 dodge and parry, +4 stealth) normal strength, permanent 12pp

Special attacks: 24pp+2

Spiral Bite: Damage 8 (strength based), accurate 4, penetrating 8, enhanced advantage: improved critical 4, 24pp

Bites in a spinning formation using its sharp fangs.

Howling Fire: Damage 6, ranged, multiattack, accurate 5. 23pp

Shoots flames imbued with magical energy from its mouth.

Howling Fire (Cone): Damage 8, Area (cone), secondary effect. 24pp

Breathes a cone of fire imbued with magical energy from its mouth.

Canine senses: Senses 6, accurate smell, acute smell, tracking (smell), low light vision, ultra hearing. 6pp

4pp + 1

Speed 4. 4pp

Burrowing 4. 4pp

20+18+15+10+49= 112

Edited by Seandiggersby (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm just too uneducated on Japan, but isn't 19 a bit young to be an officer?

That being said, I do enjoy seeeing a more martial character when compared to all the fuckin' nerds NEETs I've seen so far. One big concern I have thematically though, is that if she's going to be in uniform, she'd probably get reprimanded for playing a video game on duty. And if she's playing during her downtime, she wouldn't be able to legally carry her gun with her or have access to her police vehicle. If that's a trade-off you're willing to play, then I don't have any objectins, I just wanted to make sure you understood the problem existed. Heck, it's honestly make for a good Complication.

Loving the Postcognition to represnt deductive skills.

I understand she's joining the police due to her father, but what's her feelings about the career as a whole? I understand she's a rookie and trying to prove herself, but what has her experience so far been like?

Love the Cainine senses, but keep in mind that Loogarmon is a digital creature, it's ability to track scents outside of the game will be limited at best and nonexistant at worst. I'm also noticing that Loogarmon doesn't have any skills points in Close or Ranged combat, not the Advantages to boost attack accuracy. Where is the +8 to Howling Fire and Spiral Bite coming from?

14 hours ago, Lwmons said:

Maybe I'm just too uneducated on Japan, but isn't 19 a bit young to be an officer?

That being said, I do enjoy seeeing a more martial character when compared to all the fuckin' nerds NEETs I've seen so far. One big concern I have thematically though, is that if she's going to be in uniform, she'd probably get reprimanded for playing a video game on duty. And if she's playing during her downtime, she wouldn't be able to legally carry her gun with her or have access to her police vehicle. If that's a trade-off you're willing to play, then I don't have any objectins, I just wanted to make sure you understood the problem existed. Heck, it's honestly make for a good Complication.

Loving the Postcognition to represnt deductive skills.

I understand she's joining the police due to her father, but what's her feelings about the career as a whole? I understand she's a rookie and trying to prove herself, but what has her experience so far been like?

Love the Cainine senses, but keep in mind that Loogarmon is a digital creature, it's ability to track scents outside of the game will be limited at best and nonexistant at worst. I'm also noticing that Loogarmon doesn't have any skills points in Close or Ranged combat, not the Advantages to boost attack accuracy. Where is the +8 to Howling Fire and Spiral Bite coming from?

You could be right about her age, I did a quick google search on becoming a cop in japan when I was making her though and I think its just barely possible. I can just age her up a bit though. Oh and her having trouble getting to play the game while on duty was actually something I also thought could make for an interessting complication, especially since you've been alluding to the game being more than just a game. It could be cool to see her have to choose between her responsibilities as an officer and her responsibilites to her digimon/the digital world if that exists here.

As far as her experience so far has gone I'd say it probably isn't fully living up to her expectations. Rin definetly had an idealised view of what being an officer would be like so I would immagine to reality isn't quite what she had hoped.

Loogarmon's tracking only working in the game would make sense and his attacks have the accurate modifier which is where the +8 is comming from.