Edit History

EmBark

EmBark

The Mad Dashers

@Stygian  @SerakHawk

Ani-Quin offers an awkward bow to Tuahine, obviously unused to the maneuver.

"It is an honour to meet you, Navarch. And you, Console-Elect. Truly, a race through tight passages and moving quickly through twists and turns is the most exhilirating and speaks highly to a racer's skill. Though I have participated in the Mad Dash more than once, I must say I admire my fellow racers here who, uh, proved very adept at it. Navigating the Mouth of the Emperor is no small feat."

They looked--up--at the Jy'mar Console-Elect specifically.

"Perhaps a future Mad Dash might be a narrow maze, so that your skills could be shown off to outshine us all."

@TheDarkDM

When Naqi'a joined them, Ani-Quin's face brightened. Here was now a royal who moved in these diplomatic scenes like all the others, but--like Alud--a fellow racer, someone they could understand.

"Ah, Naqi'a! How good to see you again."

They had last seen her after the Mekhala Mad Dash, but in all the celebrations and surrounding diplomatic affairs they had not been able to properly express their thanks for saving their life. Then again, how could they? To one whose family was so wealthy and powerful, a non-noble's thanks likely wasn't worth much, even from one famous and skilled. Perhaps she didn't even remember.

The Nobles

@farothel

Tiyansi smiled at the Duchess.

"You are most welcome, of course, Duchess. And I could hardly miss such a skilled painter's rare live performance so close to home. Especially at such high recommendation. You've brought quite the prestigious entourage with you."

EmBark

EmBark

The Mad Dashers

@Stygian 

Ani-Quin offers an awkward bow to Tuahine, obviously unused to the maneuver.

"It is an honour to meet you, Navarch. And you, Console-Elect. Truly, a race through tight passages and moving quickly through twists and turns is the most exhilirating and speaks highly to a racer's skill. Though I have participated in the Mad Dash more than once, I must say I admire my fellow racers here who, uh, proved very adept at it. Navigating the Mouth of the Emperor is no small feat."

They looked--up--at the Jy'mar Console-Elect specifically.

"Perhaps a future Mad Dash might be a narrow maze, so that your skills could be shown off to outshine us all."

@TheDarkDM

When Naqi'a joined them, Ani-Quin's face brightened. Here was now a royal who moved in these diplomatic scenes like all the others, but--like Alud--a fellow racer, someone they could understand.

"Ah, Naqi'a! How good to see you again."

They had last seen her after the Mekhala Mad Dash, but in all the celebrations and surrounding diplomatic affairs they had not been able to properly express their thanks for saving their life. Then again, how could they? To one whose family was so wealthy and powerful, a non-noble's thanks likely wasn't worth much, even from one famous and skilled. Perhaps she didn't even remember.

The Nobles

@farothel

Tiyansi smiled at the Duchess.

"You are most welcome, of course, Duchess. And I could hardly miss such a skilled painter's rare live performance so close to home. Especially at such high recommendation. You've brought quite the prestigious entourage with you."