Quick Question(s)...

Tsunami1768

spacer.pngI've been reading through the many different threads/topics and posts regarding upcoming changes still being worked on but wasn't sure about the following;

Member Requests - on the old version we were able to track "invites" of weavers that we sent invites to, however I do not see that option readily available or am unable to find where it it located.

(Please try to have this added, as a DM it is important to be able to view certain info regarding "the players that I have invited or are already a part of" the game I am hosting.)

6 minutes ago, Tsunami1768 said:

spacer.pngI've been reading through the many different threads/topics and posts regarding upcoming changes still being worked on but wasn't sure about the following;

Member Requests - on the old version we were able to track "invites" of weavers that we sent invites to, however I do not see that option readily available or am unable to find where it it located.

(Please try to have this added, as a DM it is important to be able to view certain info regarding "the players that I have invited or are already a part of" the game I am hosting.)

In a game that requires/allows membership there is a member tab that has all current members of the game along with the ability to kick them or upgrade them to co-gm's.

I do not think there is a way (as of yet) to track invites. Also not sure if this is on the Trello yet. @Colin

Opening Links within a post;

Ive notice when opening links within a post we are automatically jumped to the new webpage if the link involves remaining on Baldr. This was not the case on the OGMW site, as a new window would open instead. Is their an option I am missing or is it this way by default here?

Example

Edited by Tsunami1768 (see edit history)

Move Post Option;

I am able to move an entire thread/topic to a different topic, but how do i move a single post to a different thread here?

Is this option not implemented yet? If not I hope it is on the list of things to do 🙂 

Edit:

I have found that if I use the Split Post option and then the Merge Post option it allows me to move a selected post to a different topic by creating a new topic and then merging both topics within the same topic (use of this method will still keep the original time stamped posting location, an option to negate the time stamp would be glorious.

Topics inside of topics?

The wording of this I feel is slightly confusing. I use the Manage Game feature to add a new game feature Topic and then once inside that Topic I create another Topic for posts..

image.png.9d665272b27ca827ac0f59a3cedd5ac3.png

image.png.63d5116d47d76fa0c1df2d9ccd7a5cc9.pngany chance we can change one of these Topics to a different name;

• possibly the game feature topic to be called Heading or Game Tab?
  • or the in Topic Topic to be called a Thread?

I do like to weave my threads 😁

Using the Mention Option;

I do enjoy this option, as it alerts the player to let them know they are being summoned.

I was wondering if their is a way to do a mention all option for all members within the game. Something similar to an;

@here 

to alert all members of the game at the same time?

5 hours ago, Tsunami1768 said:

Opening Links within a post;

Ive notice when opening links within a post we are automatically jumped to the new webpage if the link involves remaining on Baldr. This was not the case on the OGMW site, as a new window would open instead. Is their an option I am missing or is it this way by default here?

Example

That is default Baldr behavior, just right click and choose to open in a new tab if needed for Baldr links.

There is no admin setting to change this behavior so if it a desired behavior then it would have to have a plugin written for it and that would be something with a very low priority on the list as many other things are in front of it at the moment.

Move Post Option;

I am able to move an entire thread/topic to a different topic, but how do i move a single post to a different thread here?

Is this option not implemented yet? If not I hope it is on the list of things to do 🙂 

Edit:

I have found that if I use the Split Post option and then the Merge Post option it allows me to move a selected post to a different topic by creating a new topic and then merging both topics within the same topic (use of this method will still keep the original time stamped posting location, an option to negate the time stamp would be glorious.

Still work to be done on how post are moved and how forums show up to move them to on the list.  So definately something we will be looking at, at some point.

Topics inside of topics?

The wording of this I feel is slightly confusing. I use the Manage Game feature to add a new game feature Topic and then once inside that Topic I create another Topic for posts..

image.png.9d665272b27ca827ac0f59a3cedd5ac3.png

image.png.63d5116d47d76fa0c1df2d9ccd7a5cc9.pngany chance we can change one of these Topics to a different name;

• possibly the game feature topic to be called Heading or Game Tab?
  • or the in Topic Topic to be called a Thread?

I do like to weave my threads 😁

I know game forum folders are on the list to look at and how the UI of the game area is laid out.  So that will probably address that issue once work begins on them. Right now, the big focus is still on dice function and the upcoming dice function UI but this area is on the list to address.

I am having an issue advertising for my game. I have turned on the advertisement option but am being told that people are getting "You do not have permission to view this topic."

This could be do to the fact i had originally marked it as private/members only. I am currently trying to advertise it on the OGMW site with a link here for viewing pleasure.

• am hoping for assistance making the game viewable?

I brought the question to the "how do I" thread

10 minutes ago, Tsunami1768 said:

I am having an issue advertising for my game. I have turned on the advertisement option but am being told that people are getting "You do not have permission to view this topic."

This could be do to the fact i had originally marked it as private/members only. I am currently trying to advertise it on the OGMW site with a link here for viewing pleasure.

• am hoping for assistance making the game viewable?

I brought the question to the "how do I" thread

Send a request to an administrator requesting to have the game switched to public for the recruitment period.