A Hazy Shade of Winter - Fourth Floor

ArcaneDesperado

image.jpeg.f3837347c9f988a7669c38a99d1c1509.jpg.e4ac619544f46ffd87423adc5b7c360a.jpg

The sounds of the window crashing on the other side of the bar drew Cate's attention, causing her to leap to her feet in time to catch Samantha's death throes. The spectacle was...odd and disturbing, and a cause for concern in many ways. Tzimisce creations, mass black-outs with visions, now spontaneous death and desiccation?  What was already going to be a shitty night just got even worse. When things in your crazy world got to the point where you had no idea what's going on anymore, that was a good time to get the hell out of Dodge. Maybe it was time to move out?

As much as she'd have liked to have made as impressive a departure as Corbin appeared to have -- he knew how to leave an impression, that's for sure -- she wasn't nearly as sturdy as all that. Not to mention that looked guilty as all hell after everything that happened, and that would be even more trouble than it was worth. And being in the dark about what the hell happened wouldn't help out either; better to get some info and see what comes up -- even if it meant just that everyone was equally clueless -- than get blindsided later. But first...

While the head raged and whined on in a confused fashion, Cate stepped over to resume her grip on the Tzimisce plaything. The fact that instead of throwing threats around the talking head was now terrified and seemingly utterly lost with her current situation, to the point of not even being able to control her....body?, was strange. These things were well beyond her experience -- those Tzimisce creeps weirded her out, though she could admire the talent of being able to literally remake yourself -- and she didn't know if this fugue state was a side effect of the girl's transformation, the vision, or a mix of both.

Ignoring the head for the moment, she turned to Liz when she spoke up. Cate had thought she'd seen her up here after the elevator stopped, but with all of Corbin's theatrics and the following shit-show afterwards she hadn't really had a chance to really see everyone who had been up here. A whole lot of Masquerade breaks just waiting to happen... she evaluated, looking over the kid and the anachronistic noble, newer additions to the floor that she hadn't caught earlier.

"If the Sabbat could have been able to do this crap all this time, they've got a damn good poker face." She shook her head. No, this felt...bigger. Mages getting uppity, trying to put the fear of our forebearers into us to freak us out? "Anyone got one of us not here on speed dial to see if it's just a local thing?"

spacer.pngThrough fluttering eyelids, John could start distinguishing shapes around him again. His head was throbbing like a bad hangover, and as he regained his senses, he hoped he was still damn drunk, no matter how little he usuall drank. All around him were people in weird costumes, and there even seemed to be a talking head puppet. That was quite some ventriloquism.

Yet the more he awoke, the more he realized that what was around him was no play or party. It was... unlike anything he could have ever thought about. His arms, his hands too, they were misshapen now. What was happening now !!! He gasped, tried not to freak out and started breathing more and more quickly to get some oxygen, and freshen his mind. In the middle of this throng, the young doctor started to slowly, quietly, very very quietly move away from all those creatures, and toward the stairway he could see from the corner of his eye.

Out ! Away ! Out ! Away !

Edited by Thot (see edit history)

Adeline-Countess-of-Cardigan-England-mid-19th-Century.-Blogspot.jpg.9f2cf98b38946de90c2bdb70de7ec01e.jpg"Perhaps, the Prince would meet final death in the foreseeable future, by a clanmate nonetheless. Such information should find its way to the Prince... At the appropriate moment." 

Oblivious of what could have happened to the Kindreds, they seemed to be in some kind of torpor state, unlikely to be under a spell... Until they rose in confusion.

Helped by the shadow veil, no one other that Solomon or Carlo seemed to notice that Lady Egerton never fell to the ground. It would be illwise to ask questions about their visions and have the Kindred focusing on her difference

"Arikel" is the last word the Harpy said before finding her final death. Why would she mention the name of her Antediluvian? Why was she still standing along with the Tremere? Does it have to do with their creation? So many questions and so little answers.

The Nagaraja isn't nervous considering everything, but she is ready to use her blood and boost her aptitudes should a danger present itself.

As Carlo runs downstairs, the darkness follows. She can see that everyone are still standing and the window is broken.

"I must say, whoever was able to put us all under such a trance demonstrates a monumental amount of power."

She looks around, and the Prince is still laying on the ground. She slowly approaches him and she turns him on her back. 

As she holds his head, she exclaims:

"My Prince. Are you back with us?" 

Edited by Nordal (see edit history)

raDf6ZN.jpg

Solomon glanced at Cate as she mentioned others not present and checking on them to see if this incident wasn't localized.  The Warlock quickly flipped his phone and and moved towards a corner to make a phone call. 

GdPWj6s.jpgBelmont had also risen to his feet and was attempting to clean himself off.  His attention glanced over at Egerton as she asked his status. 

I am...fine.  Though this whole situation however is the farthest thing from pleasant.  Visions..   This doesnt strike me as a Sabbat attack.  We'd all be in a building on fire by now if that was the case.  

The Prince looked back at the broken window behind him where Corbin had exited.  

Stupid. Stupid boy. 

Looking back over to Peretta. 

Call around. See if any of our spies in D.C. were stuck as well.  Annapolis, Towson. Columbia. Laurel. Fredrick.  I want everyone called.  I want a full roll call of everyone.  If the Sabbat got hit with this.   The Seneschal nodded in response and proceeded to start to make phone calls himself. 

The Venture Seneschal nodded and moved over to his own corner of the room to start making phone calls. 

How Edgar Ramírez Became Gianni Versace in “American Crime Story” | Vogue

The Sheriff had also gotten to his feet.  Looking to help Lou to his feet. He turned his attention to the Prince. 

I'm going to check on the rest of the Court on the other floors.  We dont know if anyone else.... 

He paused, looking at what remained of Samantha.  Belmont looked at her once again himself and waved Stone to start checking on the other guests.  Stone put a hand on Lou's shoulder and whispered in his ear.  

Keep an eye on them all. I'm not convinced something like Gonzales doesnt happen again before we're done tonight.    

Elizabeth gave a smimage.jpeg.602058f50c80c4b10a562fb7fbded84d.jpegall nod, agreeing with Cate and Belmont. Not the Sabbat. Not Belladonna, Bistri, or any of that merry, psychotic band. The thought wasn’t very reassuring. It meant nobody had a clue what was going on, or at least wasn’t letting on.

Elizabeth watched Sheriff Stone power-walk to the stairs thinking to call out to him it would be a good idea to question spider lady. But he had probably heard its confused screaming, and decided it could wait.

“Do quiet down you.” She told the thing with a trace of a British accent. It was still lying on the bar, held down by Cate and squirming in its own bloody smears. “What is your name?” She asked. “What happened to you? Do you mean you don’t remember at all who made you … like this, or even how Corbin caught you?”

Adeline-Countess-of-Cardigan-England-mid-19th-Century.-Blogspot.jpg.9f2cf98b38946de90c2bdb70de7ec01e.jpgFinding herself in the good grace of the Prince, should he survive long enough, could secure her position in Baltimore.

The Lady bows to the Prince and whispers:

"At your convenience, I would like a word with you, in Private. I understand your attention will be requested by many. I hope you will find time to meet with me." 

She makes few steps back and stands straight. Looking around is pure chaos. Two Kindreds are taking care of the walking head. Many are holding an unknown device to their ear, or typing on a piece of glass. 

Feeling helpless, she wanders on the top floor for a little longer... 

QDiiaEG.pngThe head tried to slow her panicked breathing down as Elizabeth spoke to her.   Tears of blood were running down her face, making an even bigger mess than already was there.  

An...An...Angelica... Angelica Westcott.... I..I'm a student at the University of Maryland.  We..We were over at City Dock...in Annapolis.   

She tried to look around again, her little spider like feet flailing around erratically, as her control of them was like a newborn baby trying to figure out it's motor-control. 

Where am I?....What is going on?.. How is this possible?...   There was this guy.... I think it was a guy, he was kinda afeminine.  A white suit.  He offered us all a ride on his boat there at the harbor.... Oh my god... I dont remember anything else...  Was his name Corbin?

GdPWj6s.jpgBelmont looked over at Egerton.  His mind was clearly distracted by all the chaos that was going on the floor they were on.  The idea that it was far more wide spread didnt help his mood either. Though the concept the Sabbat members might be suffering equally seemed to soothe things a bit.  

A word? Later..  Yes. Yes.   Once this whole debacle is sorted a bit more.  This might happen again if we don't figure things out.   

He quickly turned his attention back to Jordan and Solomon. 

Update... NOW. 

Solomon responded first, looking up from his phone.  

Its not localized... I've got word of chaos all over the state.  Worst part is... The police are starting to get calls.  There are a few... incidents similar to Gonzalez.  In public. 

Jordon lowered his phone.  

I'm not getting responses from D.C. or Fredrick.  It might be they are still passed out.  Might be...worse. 

Belmont flipped a table in frustration. 

F'k F'k F'K  !! 

A word? That woman was askiimage.jpeg.602058f50c80c4b10a562fb7fbded84d.jpegng to speak to the Prince and unlike everyone else, she hadn’t found herself on the floor a few minutes ago. Elizabeth gave Cate a look, one that said: Did you hear what Belmont just said? A Word! If the woman knew something about what was going on, it should be said for all to hear. Kindred were dying here.

She ignored the frantic comments from the others. If this was something that is affecting Kindred everywhere, she was likely wasting her time with the head. But it was talking now, so it seemed sensible to question a bit deeper. Also, who knew. It’s not because Angelica looked like a Tzimisce’s ultimate fantasy that she was also created by one. The timing was a little suspicious, Corbin and it arriving minutes before pandemonium hits and before Corbin hurling accusations at his sire. The thing was only just done threatening everyone with Bistri’s unending wrath and now she acted like a terrified student. Something had happened to her during the … episode just now. Something different than what had happened to the others here. Maybe simple memory loss, or maybe conditioning wearing off or maybe … something else entirely.

“When was this?” Elisabeth asked, ignoring its question. “And which ‘guy’ was this? Did he give a name? Did he offer to take you on a joyride on his boat? Was it just you, or were you with friends?”

spacer.pngBenji walked slowly toward Hannah though his attention was drawn to the head. He stared at it intently and with a look that suggested wonder more so than horror. He did not speak but stood still next to his clan mate and looked past the normal and into the veil beyond. He wondered how this 'person' came to be this way as he stared straight into her soul. 

OOC: Aura Perception 1 success

image.png.ab5e01d68a3662b0c3b91203625c7271.pngLou nods in acquiescence to his Sire and looked around the room. This was hardly going to be the extent of the carnage in the building tonight.

He moved across the room toward the Prince, sidestepping to avoid the flipped table. "Belmont. Who do we have in place to remove the other..." He waves a hand in the vague direction of Samantha. 

The Masquerade wouldn't last long with things like that happening in public, but if they had any people in power to help cover it up they could maybe hold off greater issues for a while. It might be possible to get some of the more unscrupulous allies to help...

"I might have some people who can move, now." He reaches into his pocket for a cellphone to call some of the contacts from his neighborhood.

Adeline-Countess-of-Cardigan-England-mid-19th-Century.-Blogspot.jpg.9f2cf98b38946de90c2bdb70de7ec01e.jpgFollowing the Prince's answer, she raises just in time to avoid the table.

She nods at the rugged kindred.

"My dear, should we need to go above and beyond to get rid of those putrefied bodies, I have access to an incinerator. I would potentially be able to take care of a special delivery."

spacer.pngPrince. Sabbat. Court... John heard the senseless words, and filed them for later - as was his habit - but for now he was merely glad noone was talking to him. Somehow, they seemed not to care about his presence, which suited him just fine. The man walked down the stairs as much as he could without being interfered with, aiming for the outside, away from all them strangers.

Edited by Thot (see edit history)

QDiiaEG.pngAngelica seemed confused for a moment as she seemed to be trying to claw into her own memory for answers.

I was with my friends from college.  The Naval Academy had a bunch of the midshipman out for the weekend down in Annapolis.  Nancy wanted to try and chase some would-be navy officers. She had a thing for the uniforms.  The guy... I dont remember if he gave a name....Zach? No.. maybe... He had a eastern European accent though.  But yeah, he had alcohol and wait... Shit.. Nancy...  Jessica ... Monica ?  Are they here? Have you seen them?  Are they okay?

As Benji looked at the Spider-Headed girl, and opened up his vision he could see a dulled orange exploded out from her.  Despite his powers being still in a bit of flux it was clear that she was Kindred.  Her fear was off the charts and would have been as bright as neon if not for her undead nature muting it a bit.  

mvUJ33i.jpgRandal Mehr,  one of Stone's ghouls poked his head through the door at the stairwell, moving past the Nosferatu without much other than a polite acknowledgement to him with a bit of a lowered head bow before rushing over to Lou.  He managed to catch his Kindred brothers comment as he approached. He kept his voice low  

The Warlocks called their cleaners to be on standby.  Their already outside.  Casimir is dead.  He exploded.  I caught Stone in the stairwell.  Rachal...melted on the stairs.  There is fighting on the 3rd and 2nd floors.  I didn't stick around to get involved. Stone's investigating the 3rd now.

He looked over and noticed Samatha's corpse and that the Prince was still standing upright, though clearly angry as hell.  

I guess I should take some satisfaction its not just the Brujah dying tonight?