Chapter 3D: Hold on to that Spark

Drezen_Header_Small.png.6c15548d7d36b92fdb411daf246db877.png

Drezen The Worldwound.
Afternoon, 19 Kuthona (12th month, Early Winter) DR 4713
%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

The party spent some time recovering from their excursion to Djavulslaktare hall, monitoring the reported situation with the dragon. More than once, there were reports of a Caravan destroyed, but whenever the party tried to find the hellish creature, there was hardly a sign to be found. Still, they dutifully marked locations that the dragon attacks were reported. Who knew how many caravans didn't make it to Drezen at all...

But there was still plenty to do around the Citadel, rebuilding it. Luohn worked with Umbra sometimes on the Forge. Groups are rebuilding housing, cleaning up decades of debris and gore, and so many other little tasks that need doing, but do not bear description.

yF1ZBiA.png

wqrb6Dl.pngOver the days, though, Aberian starts having odd dreams sometimes. Dreams of a beautiful woman and an old hag. In them, the young woman is always running away, and Aberian is unable to see her face. And the hag is pursuing her... Aberian has a dread that if the woman is caught, the hunt will not end. The hag will just move on to her next target. And he has a sinking suspicion that it's him. This dream is recurring, and on the third night he has it, the woman turns around to look at Aberian. The face he sees is one that he swears he remembers from his Childhood.

Sequoyah is having his own odd thoughts, and spiritual issues. He has been feeling uninspired for some time now. Perhaps it is just the enormous amount of work that he's been doing. Maybe seeing the destruction of such beautiful work by the Vrocks was cutting deeper at his soul than he realized. Or perhaps just living in a citadel that was once clearly beautiful and will take years to reach its intended beauty again was sapping him. But he could not shake it. Every time he thought to sing, his voice feel flat. Whenever he picked up a brush, he stared at his canvas with no ability to form a plan. It was, without exaggeration, quite a curse for a Shelynite. Something felt deeply wrong.

It isn't until a visit with Nurah, where the priest is checking in on her and her progress, that he's reminded of something that might just be relevant. The halfling has been making some progress. There was some clear depression that she was going through, trapped in this antimagic cell. But sometimes she would sing, and it was truly a beautiful sound. The fact that such beauty could exist in someone who had fallen gives reassurance that perhaps she could recover. While this day's visit with Nurah was simply a regularly scheduled check-in, there was some hope, perhaps, of seeing something beautiful and sparking his inspiration once again.

3uhfCbB.png"Sequoyah!" she exclaims, on seeing him. "Oh, I've gotta say, I'm glad to see you. Last couple of weeks were rough, what with you lot first being gone to the Gorumite's long lost cousins and then... Well, I don't know what else has kept you, being down here and whatnot. But I have a story for you! You see, last week there was a big old drunken brawl with a bunch of the Kellids." Whether or not Sequoyah tries to inject here, there's not much point in stopping her. "But that's not the story, it's just that so many of them were arrested that some folks were put down here since all the cells were filling up. And since there were folks close to me we started swapping tales. And I heard more about some of the older, less well-known local religious traditions. Let me tell you what I know..."

The Spark of Shelyn and the Last Vessel

Among the Sarkorans, there were many varied religions and heroes. One such hero was more of an avatar-- one said to contain a Spark of Shelyn within them. Once per generation, a person was born who lived far longer than their brethren. Around their thirteenth birthday, some sign of Shelyn's touch would manifest on them. Be that rainbow colored hair, silvery eyes, or some other mark of the deity's favor. These often appeared in different small communities in each generation, but always where they were needed. They accomplished, each of them, some great deed. Mythical deeds. Impossible acts of diplomacy. Stunning works of beauty. When called for, mighty and enrapturing dances of battle. The people

When these heroes' lives reached their end, they would be buried in a tomb with some of their most beautiful works. For those that made more ephemeral art, it was customary to visit their place in the great tomb and perform, however well or poorly, to show them respect.

When the demons came, this was a place that the folk in the area defended, including a man named Nolom Allriver, a Vessel of the Spark.The last vessel, in fact. It was said that his heart was painted by Shelyn herself. And when the demonic hoard came for the tomb of the vessels, he stood against them, fighting and inspiring until he dropped... but he was not slain. The armies that were to take the town around the tomb had been assigned the notorious sorceress-demon Areelu Vorlesh. And when she heard about the tales of the Spark of Shelyn, she concocted a ritual that would halt its movement through the world. She bound Nolom's heart to the land. And as the land was corrupted, with the spark trapped there, it too became corrupt. Those heroes were no longer born among the Sarkorans...

As Nurah finishes relating the tale, she looks genuinely sad. But, ever a person who can't be invulnerable, she suddenly perks up, even as she wipes away a tear from her cheek. "That's what he told me, anyway-- I know you'd already heard a bit about that Last Vessel and all... but I was just thinking that... well, it means a lot to you, Beauty and Shelyn. And I couldn't not tell you. Maybe something can be done about the place. I wouldn't have thought anyone could undo something Areelu Vorlesh had done. But then I thought no one could take Drezen."

image.png.affca53af9ed44f4fd010b23d5ccd49b.png

OOC

Welcome to this subchapter, y'all! I hope that I've tied (and will continue to tie) several threads together in this one. :) I'm unsure if there are any other RP opportunities you want to take in Drezen, or what kind of preparations you want to make. Feel free to take some time for that now!

Objectives

NOTE: The following isn't meant to be restrictive or exhaustive. It's only meant to help keep track of what's going on in the story during the loooooonnnnnggggg nature of Play-by-post. You may have other objectives you'd like to pursue, or you may decide that one or more of these objectives needs to be abandoned or modified. Let me know if you'd like me to change, add, or remove objectives.

• Determine the cause of Gaius' strange changes after being exposed to abyssal energies of the Vescavor Rift and his possession by Eustoyriax. [✓]
  • Seek out and confront Vorimeraak about Gaius' condition. [✓]
  • Close the Vescavor Rift you found previously. [And recover Umbra!][✓]
  • Investigate Djavulslaktare Hall.[✓]
  • Push to restore the temple of Sarenrae (iirc) that they found on their way to Drezen.
  • Redeem someone involved in the construction of the Corruption Forge as part of the ritual to convert the forge.
  • Track down the Spark of Shelyn.
  • Slay a gosh darned dragon!
  • What is going on with Aberian's Dreams?

Character and Combat Info

Party Information

Character HP Effects
Luohn 80/80 [TBD]
Gaius 132/132
[TBD]
Justiel 63/63
[TBD]
Sequoyah 118/118
[TBD]
Aberian 90/90
[TBD]
Ragnar 109/109
[TBD]

Enemy Information

Enemy Location HP Other Info

30768913795_daa7c13f8d_m.jpg.fd17d01a4e1cf4f66d441195bd8f23c2.jpg35440742602_3e65b62431.jpg.4ed4d27184fdcaf139be50ad145cfc34.jpgGaius Sparhawk and Justiel

Mini-stats

Gauis Sparhawk (Wrath) :: Pathfinder :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets
Init +4, Speed 30 (20 actual), Perception +15
AC 34, Touch 13, Flat-footed 22 (Full plate) -4 w/out Shield, CMD: 31
Fort +15, Ref +7, Will +7 (Reroll with Mythic Surge)
HP 149 Current: 149
Challenge: 4/4 available
Tactician (Shake it Off/Precise Strike): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Mythic Power: 7/7 available (Surge, Fast Healing, Sudden Block)
Bucephalus' Reins: 3/3 available
Medal of Command: +2 SV v. Emotion; 1/1 available 1 min bonus +2 Cha
Medal of Valor: +2 CMD; 1/1 available 1 min bonus +2 Str
Knight's Pennon: 1/1 available Heroism 1x/day (+2 Att)
Conditions in effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Mythic. DR5/Epic, DR5/Adamantine
Weapon in Hand: Shield (LH), Radiance Lance (RH)

Gaius's Horse (Wrath) :: Pathfinder :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets
Init +3, Speed 50ft, Perception +10
AC 32, Touch 14, Flat-footed 27, CMD: 26
Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +5
HP 80 Current: 80
Mythic Surges 4/4: +1d8

Conditions in effect: None
Attacks: 2xHooves (+12; 1d8+5, Cold Iron), Bite (+9; 1d4+5)

Gaius was wandering around Drezen checking on the defensive improvements and the army's rebuilding progress. He checked back in with the others and inquired, "Are we getting ready to head out again, Sequoyah? Let me know if it is time to saddle up."

Seq2.png.9d7aa1867bcaa119a100a3e8cf21f6d0.png 

Sequoyah the Devout, a 10th level Cleric (Roaming Exorcist) of Shelyn/3rd Tier Hierophant

AC 21 ff: 20 t: 13, CMD: 20 ffCMD: 19, health-normal.svg: 134/134, Init +4, Perception +19  awareness.svg +18 | caduceus.svg+10 body-balance.svg+6  meditation.svg+15 | walking-boot.svg: 30ft 

Conditions: None

Medal2.png.872a11081f83946af424854ed0eda69e.pngMedal1.png.2a19bed2c8adcbf2cfa735af6c676c5f.png

"Thank you for thinking about me, Nurah," Sequoyah replies, "Areelu Vorlesh has much to answer for, it would seem."

"Did they say where this tomb was? Perhaps something there remains uncorrupted or hidden and I could recover it."

Show Spells and Abilities

~Orisons~

Detect Magic
Guidance 1 minute
Light
Resistance 1 minute

~1st Level~

Bless 1 minute/level
Burning Disarm
Hedging Weapons 1 minute/level
Sanctuary 1 round/level
Shield of Faith 1 minute/level
Weapons against Evil 1 round/level
Domain: Protection from Evil 1 minute/level
Pearl of Power (1st)

~2nd Level~

Weapon of Awe 1 minute/level
Spear of Purity instantaneous
Protection from Evil, Communal 1 minute/level
Spiritual Weapon, 1 round/level (Mythic Spell Lore)
Eagle's Splendour, 1 minute/level
Visualization of The Body, 24 hours
Domain: Align Weapon (Good only) 1 minute/level

~3rd Level~

Prayer 1 round/level
Protection from Energy 10 minutes/level
Dispel Magic instantaneous
Summon Monster III
Summon Monster III
Domain: Magic Circle Against Evil 10 minutes/level

~4th Level~

Dimensional Anchor, instantaneous
Protection from Energy, Communal
Blessings of Fervour 1 round/level
Summon Monster IV
Holy Smite
Domain: Holy Smite instantaneous

~5th Level~

Break Enchantment (Mythic Spell Lore)
Breath of Life
Flame Strike
Domain: Dispel Evil

~Domain Powers~

Touch of Good (Sp): +1 sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round. 0 of 10
Adoration (Su) 0 of 10. DC22
Dispossession (Su)
Charming Smile (Sp) 0 of 9
Holy Lance (Su) 0 of 1
Protection from Evil 0 of 3
Charm Person 0 of 3

~Abilities~

Daylight 0 of 1
True Strike 0 of 1
Channel Energy 5d6 Positive energy 30-foot radius 0 of 8 used DC19
Mythic Power 0 of 9 used
Inspired Spell (Su)
Faith’s Reach (Su)

Recuperation
Path Ability - Eldritch Breach
Amazing Initiative

~Magic Items~

Wand of Spiritual Weapon (16)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50)
Cold Iron Ring of Counterspell (Dispel Magic)
Potion of Lesser Restoration
Scroll of Cause Fear
Scroll of Comprehend Languages
Scroll of Resist Energy
Scroll of Protection from Evil, Caster lvl 5
Scroll of Shield of Faith, Caster lvl 5
Scroll of Hold Person, Caster lvl 5
Scroll of Dispel Magic, Caster lvl 5
Resistance Scale of Terendelev - Resist Energy 10 (Electricity or Cold) 0 of 3
Holy Water x12
Wardstone Shard 0 of 1
Righteous Medal of Clarity 0 of 1
Righteous Medal of Vigor 0 of 1

Leriel's Glaive
Legendary Power 0 of 2

Legendary Surge
Upgradable
Intelligent (Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12)
Intelligent (Spellcasting)
Bless 1 minute/level 1/day
Bull’s Strength 1 minute/level 1/day
Archon's Aura 1 minute/level 1/day

~Active Spells and Conditions~

Show Actions

AC: 21 (+6 Chain shirt +2, +2 Natural, +1 Dexterity, +2 Deflection)
To Hit: +10/+5 (BAB +7/+2, +2 Glaive, +1 Str)
Damage: 1d10+3 (+2 Glaive, +1 Str)

Move action: 
Standard action: Spam Resistance and Guidance as we walk.
Full round action: 
Haste action: 
Immediate action: 
Attack of opportunity: 
Swift action: 
Free action: Use Adoration to resist the first attack against me. DC22

spacer.pngLuohn, the Archmage

There was plenty to do in the city, and Luohn was extremely busy.

His brother Umbra was his priority, to make sure he was properly nurtured back to accepting and embracing his nature without bitter thoughts. The samsaran tried hard not to preach too much about Sarenrae, so that his brother could find his own path if needed, whether it be Desna, Nethys or Pharasma if he felt like it, but he was always ready to discuss the support he had received from the Dawnflower. Sometimes he invited Chaleb to such talks, as the Cavalier had certainly enough first-hand experience now to share meaningful experience with the Rakshasa, and Jestak too if she seemed to be making progress of her own.

If possible, he also tried to work on the Forge, along with his brother and Aravashnial, as the three of them were the most adept arcane-users in town, and the most likely to find how to turn that tool back toward the forces of good. Such a powerufl asset may spell all the difference between success and failure in the difficult battles that were looming ahead of them.

And last, when thanks to his Sleepless nights he had some time left for his own, he spent it either writing to his parents, inquiring about their safety, or toiling with his Orb-like weapon, in which he was investing much of his time and Mythic power.

Drezen The Worldwound.
%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

Luohn is particularly busy during downtimes, with his various projects and tasks. He continues to hammer away at the problem of the Corruption Forge with Umbra and Aravashnial. And they are making steady progress... Umbra seems to be using it as a way to stay distracted. Luohn can tell that the Rakshasa is still bothered and adjusting, and he says as much. In their conversations in the late night, his brother wonders aloud if he will, indeed, reincarnate if he now dies.

Gaius' checking on the various battlements finds several improvements to be made, including reinforcing structures to be better-suited to resisting a charge against defenders. While some of this was new information for the construction crew, other bits gained an exasperated sigh. "Aye, and we'll do that just as soon as we can get a few steady shipments of good wood. Most of the stuff around these parts crumbles to mulch as soon as there's a faint bit of pressure on it-- some kind of larvae eating through it all. But the shipments keep on getting waylaid by that damnable dragon." A fair enough reason, but still frustrating.

3uhfCbB.png"Oh, yes yes-- I think so, anyway," Nurah says in response to Sequoyah's question about the location. "If you've got your map I can try to mark it as best I can... or I can describe it. Really, if you can manage to follow the main path of this canyon, you should be able to get pretty close to where it's supposed to be. But all them twists and turns can cause delays sometimes..." Once Sequoyah is able to find a good map, Nurah blinks with surprise. "Oh, well, you've already got it marked down, looks like. Where'd you find out about this? Was it something to do with that ghost, Dron Allriver?"

OOC

Note that the supposed location on the map is the area marked "The Last Vessel's Crypt", which is maybe a day's ride away, through the canyon.

Objectives

NOTE: The following isn't meant to be restrictive or exhaustive. It's only meant to help keep track of what's going on in the story during the loooooonnnnnggggg nature of Play-by-post. You may have other objectives you'd like to pursue, or you may decide that one or more of these objectives needs to be abandoned or modified. Let me know if you'd like me to change, add, or remove objectives.

• Determine the cause of Gaius' strange changes after being exposed to abyssal energies of the Vescavor Rift and his possession by Eustoyriax. [✓]
  • Push to restore the temple of Sarenrae (iirc) that they found on their way to Drezen.
  • Redeem someone involved in the construction of the Corruption Forge as part of the ritual to convert the forge.

Party Information

Character HP Effects
Luohn 80/80 [TBD]
Gaius 132/132
[TBD]
Justiel 63/63
[TBD]
Sequoyah 118/118
[TBD]
Aberian 90/90
[TBD]
Ragnar 109/109
[TBD]

Enemy Information

Aberian Vourner

spacer.png

Aberian pushed through his days sleepily and uncharacteristically dreaded the night when his dream would return. He had heard of old hags occupying people's dreams, but he understood that was associated with sleep paralysis. Now imagining a demon sitting on his chest, suffocating him as he slept held particularly troubling and real implications.

He spent some time looking through the shipments and questioned the few shopkeeps in Drezen about acquiring some magical items. Eventually, after wandering about in a daze, he sought counsel from Sequoyah and after telling him all of the dream he can remember asks, "Am I cursed to merely watch the scene unfold? Is there some action I can take within my dream to save the woman? I don't expect to solve anything here and now, but I'm concerned for her safety, and if I'm to be honest my own, Sequoyah. The stars these nights don't seem to read right and I see them in places when they shouldn't be there. I can't tell if it's my insomnia or if a byproduct of the Worldwound."

IC-Actions

OOC

Stats/Conditions

[URL=/sheets/?id=1511321][B][SIZE=+1]Aberian Vourner[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male CG Human Rogue 10 (Shadow Walker) M3, [B]Level[/B] 10, [B]Init[/B] 7, [B]HP[/B] 100/100, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft [B]AC[/B] 23, [B]Touch[/B] 17, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 16, [B]CMD[/b] 26, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 18, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]CMB[/B] +9/+4, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 7/2 [B]Upon command extra 1d6 Cold damage +1 Frost Rapier [/B] 9/4 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2) [B] Dagger (with Aron) (5) [/B] 8/3 (1d4, 19-20/x2) [B]Bane (Evil Outsider) +1 Bane (Evil outsider) Shortbow, composite (+2 Strength) [/B] 14/9 (1d6+3, x3) [B]+5 competence bonus on Stealth checks +1 Shadow Mithral shirt[/B] (+5 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 24, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 12 [B]Condition[/B] None [spoiler][B]Additional Information[/B] Expanded Sight (Su) [spoiler]At 1st level, a shadow walker gains darkvision with a range of 30 feet. If she already has darkvision, the range of her darkvision increases by 10 feet. When the shadow walker reaches 3rd level, and every 2 rogue levels thereafter, the range of her darkvision increases by 10 feet. Also at 3rd level, the shadow walker loses the light sensitivity weakness, if she has it. If she has light blindness, she instead treats it as light sensitivity. This ability replaces trapfinding.[/spoiler] Illumination Control (Sp) [spoiler]At 3rd level, a shadow walker can manipulate nearby illumination. At the start of each day, a shadow walker gains a number of illumination points equal to half her rogue level and can spend illumination points to use certain spell-like abilities. As long as she has at least 1 illumination point, she can cast light at will. She can spend 2 illumination points to cast darkness, and 3 illumination points to cast daylight, deeper darkness, or motes of dusk and dawn. These spell-like abilities have a caster level equal to the shadow walker’s rogue level. Using these spell-like abilities does not hamper the shadow walker’s vision; for example, she can see through the deeper darkness she creates, and does not take penalties for light sensitivity in the area of her own daylight. This ability replaces the rogue talent gained at 2nd level and trap sense.[/spoiler] Favored Illumination (Su) [spoiler]At 4th level, a shadow walker chooses one illumination level: bright light, normal light, dim light, or darkness (including supernatural darkness). While she is within her chosen illumination level, she gains a +2 bonus on initiative checks and Acrobatics, Perception, and Sleight of Hand skill checks, and can take 10 on any Stealth check attempted within that illumination level. When the shadow walker confirms a critical hit with a melee attack that deals sneak attack damage while in her chosen illumination level, she regains 1 illumination point (to a maximum of half her rogue level). Confirming a critical hit on a creature that has fewer Hit Dice than half the shadow walker’s character level doesn’t restore illumination points. When the shadow walker reaches 6th level, and every 3 rogue levels thereafter, the bonuses she gains within her chosen illumination level increase by 1. This ability replaces the rogue’s uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge.[/spoiler] Dirty Fighter [spoiler]When you hit a foe you are flanking, you deal 1 additional point of damage (this damage is added to your base damage, and is multiplied on a critical hit). This additional damage is a trait bonus.[/spoiler] Chance Encounter [spoiler]Once per day, if you fail an Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth check, you may immediately reroll that check as a free action. You must take the second result, even if it is worse.[/spoiler] Belt of Tumbling [spoiler]The belt’s wearer gains a +4 competence bonus on Acrobatics checks made to move through a threatened square or through an enemy’s space.[/spoiler] Vanishing Move [spoiler]As a swift action, you can make yourself invisible until the end of your turn. This effect ends if you do anything other than move. If you expend one use of mythic power when using this ability, it instead acts as greater invisibility using double your tier as your caster level.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Aberian Vourner
Male CG Human Rogue 10 (Shadow Walker) M3, Level 10, Init 7, HP 100/100, Speed 30 ft
AC 23, Touch 17, Flat-footed 16, CMD 26, Fort 5, Ref 18, Will 5, CMB +9/+4, Base Attack Bonus 7/2
Upon command extra 1d6 Cold damage +1 Frost Rapier 9/4 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
Dagger (with Aron) (5) 8/3 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Bane (Evil Outsider) +1 Bane (Evil outsider) Shortbow, composite (+2 Strength) 14/9 (1d6+3, x3)
+5 competence bonus on Stealth checks +1 Shadow Mithral shirt (+5 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 24, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 12
Condition None

Spoiler

Additional Information
Expanded Sight (Su)

Spoiler

At 1st level, a shadow walker gains darkvision with a range of 30 feet. If she already has darkvision, the range of her darkvision increases by 10 feet.
When the shadow walker reaches 3rd level, and every 2 rogue levels thereafter, the range of her darkvision increases by 10 feet. Also at 3rd level, the shadow walker loses the light sensitivity weakness, if she has it. If she has light blindness, she instead treats it as light sensitivity.
This ability replaces trapfinding.

Illumination Control (Sp)

Spoiler

At 3rd level, a shadow walker can manipulate nearby illumination. At the start of each day, a shadow walker gains a number of illumination points equal to half her rogue level and can spend illumination points to use certain spell-like abilities. As long as she has at least 1 illumination point, she can cast light at will.
She can spend 2 illumination points to cast darkness, and 3 illumination points to cast daylight, deeper darkness, or motes of dusk and dawn. These spell-like abilities have a caster level equal to the shadow walker’s rogue level. Using these spell-like abilities does not hamper the shadow walker’s vision; for example, she can see through the deeper darkness she creates, and does not take penalties for light sensitivity in the area of her own daylight.
This ability replaces the rogue talent gained at 2nd level and trap sense.

Favored Illumination (Su)

Spoiler

At 4th level, a shadow walker chooses one illumination level: bright light, normal light, dim light, or darkness (including supernatural darkness). While she is within her chosen illumination level, she gains a +2 bonus on initiative checks and Acrobatics, Perception, and Sleight of Hand skill checks, and can take 10 on any Stealth check attempted within that illumination level.
When the shadow walker confirms a critical hit with a melee attack that deals sneak attack damage while in her chosen illumination level, she regains 1 illumination point (to a maximum of half her rogue level).
Confirming a critical hit on a creature that has fewer Hit Dice than half the shadow walker’s character level doesn’t restore illumination points. When the shadow walker reaches 6th level, and every 3 rogue levels thereafter, the bonuses she gains within her chosen illumination level increase by 1.
This ability replaces the rogue’s uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge.

Dirty Fighter

Spoiler

When you hit a foe you are flanking, you deal 1 additional point of damage (this damage is added to your base damage, and is multiplied on a critical hit). This additional damage is a trait bonus.

Chance Encounter

Spoiler

Once per day, if you fail an Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth check, you may immediately reroll that check as a free action. You must take the second result, even if it is worse.

Belt of Tumbling

Spoiler

The belt’s wearer gains a +4 competence bonus on Acrobatics checks made to move through a threatened square or through an enemy’s space.

Vanishing Move

Spoiler

As a swift action, you can make yourself invisible until the end of your turn. This effect ends if you do anything other than move. If you expend one use of mythic power when using this ability, it instead acts as greater invisibility using double your tier as your caster level.

Seq2.png.9d7aa1867bcaa119a100a3e8cf21f6d0.png 

Sequoyah the Devout, a 10th level Cleric (Roaming Exorcist) of Shelyn/3rd Tier Hierophant

AC 21 ff: 20 t: 13, CMD: 20 ffCMD: 19, health-normal.svg: 134/134, Init +4, Perception +19  awareness.svg +18 | caduceus.svg+10 body-balance.svg+6  meditation.svg+15 | walking-boot.svg: 30ft 

Conditions: None

Medal2.png.872a11081f83946af424854ed0eda69e.pngMedal1.png.2a19bed2c8adcbf2cfa735af6c676c5f.png

Sequoyah smiles to Nurah, "It never hurts to seek confirmation. The words of any ghost may be muddled or unreliable but two independent sources of information verifying something is a cause to celebrate."

Later, listening to Aberian's dream he has to wonder, "Sometimes the gods send us warnings through dreams. Sometimes demons seek to influence us through dreams. Sometimes dreams are our own mind's ways of working through a problem. The key is to work out which is which. I could protect you from outside influences while you sleep with magic. A magic circle would last three hours."

Show Spells and Abilities

~Orisons~

Detect Magic
Guidance 1 minute
Light
Resistance 1 minute

~1st Level~

Bless 1 minute/level
Burning Disarm
Hedging Weapons 1 minute/level
Sanctuary 1 round/level
Shield of Faith 1 minute/level
Weapons against Evil 1 round/level
Domain: Protection from Evil 1 minute/level
Pearl of Power (1st)

~2nd Level~

Weapon of Awe 1 minute/level
Spear of Purity instantaneous
Protection from Evil, Communal 1 minute/level
Spiritual Weapon, 1 round/level (Mythic Spell Lore)
Eagle's Splendour, 1 minute/level
Visualization of The Body, 24 hours
Domain: Align Weapon (Good only) 1 minute/level

~3rd Level~

Prayer 1 round/level
Protection from Energy 10 minutes/level
Dispel Magic instantaneous
Summon Monster III
Summon Monster III
Domain: Magic Circle Against Evil 10 minutes/level

~4th Level~

Dimensional Anchor, instantaneous
Protection from Energy, Communal
Blessings of Fervour 1 round/level
Summon Monster IV
Holy Smite
Domain: Holy Smite instantaneous

~5th Level~

Break Enchantment (Mythic Spell Lore)
Breath of Life
Flame Strike
Domain:

~Domain Powers~

Touch of Good (Sp): +1 sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round. 0 of 10
Adoration (Su) 0 of 10. DC22
Dispossession (Su)
Charming Smile (Sp) 0 of 9
Holy Lance (Su) 0 of 1
Protection from Evil 0 of 3
Charm Person 0 of 3

~Abilities~

Daylight 0 of 1
True Strike 0 of 1
Channel Energy 5d6 Positive energy 30-foot radius 0 of 8 used DC19
Mythic Power 0 of 9 used
Inspired Spell (Su)
Faith’s Reach (Su)

Recuperation
Path Ability - Eldritch Breach
Amazing Initiative

~Magic Items~

Wand of Spiritual Weapon (16)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50)
Cold Iron Ring of Counterspell (Dispel Magic)
Potion of Lesser Restoration
Scroll of Cause Fear
Scroll of Comprehend Languages
Scroll of Resist Energy
Scroll of Protection from Evil, Caster lvl 5
Scroll of Shield of Faith, Caster lvl 5
Scroll of Hold Person, Caster lvl 5
Resistance Scale of Terendelev - Resist Energy 10 (Electricity or Cold) 0 of 3
Holy Water x12
Wardstone Shard 0 of 1
Righteous Medal of Clarity 0 of 1
Righteous Medal of Vigor 0 of 1

Leriel's Glaive
Legendary Power 0 of 2

Legendary Surge
Upgradable
Intelligent (Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12)
Intelligent (Spellcasting)
Bless 1 minute/level 1/day
Bull’s Strength 1 minute/level 1/day
Archon's Aura 1 minute/level 1/day

~Active Spells and Conditions~

Show Actions

AC: 21 (+6 Chain shirt +2, +2 Natural, +1 Dexterity, +2 Deflection)
To Hit: +10/+5 (BAB +7/+2, +2 Glaive, +1 Str)
Damage: 1d10+3 (+2 Glaive, +1 Str)

Move action: 
Standard action: Spam Resistance and Guidance as we walk.
Full round action: 
Haste action: 
Immediate action: 
Attack of opportunity: 
Swift action: 
Free action: Use Adoration to resist the first attack against me. DC22

The concerns of his brother were the concerns of Luohn as well, and among the many reasons he was carefully looking after him. "We are reborn because the gods say so, because our lives here have not met their purpose yet. You are still searching, brother, and you can earn the genuine support of the gods again, I know it. Just be honest to yourself, search, and you will find your way. Mine lies with the Dawnflower, I know it for sure now, and maybe it is yours too if you wish to explore it. Or maybe it is another one. But I am sure of one thing, and it is that there IS a path that is right for you, and that we can find it here together. Of that I have not the slightest doubt."

And if his brother was willing, he would walk him through all the gods and goddesses of the free people. Or just stick with him unraveling the arcane bindings on the Forge while the Rakshasa's made up his mind on his own.

30768913795_daa7c13f8d_m.jpg.fd17d01a4e1cf4f66d441195bd8f23c2.jpg35440742602_3e65b62431.jpg.4ed4d27184fdcaf139be50ad145cfc34.jpgGaius Sparhawk and Justiel

Mini-stats

Conditions in effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Mythic. DR5/Epic, DR5/Adamantine

Gaius frowned as he heard about the dragon some more.

"Indeed, the wyrm is troublesome. We shall have to do something about that one... soon. Can anyone mark the locations on a map where the dragon has hit our supplies?" He asked looking over the results (OOC: per the map posted, I presume).

"Hmmm, what more do we know about this dragon? Size and color? How many of seen the beast and lived. From each attack do we know where it came from and where it went to track down its lair, mayhap?"

Drezen The Worldwound.
%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

Sequoyah and Aberian discuss the dreams, and how they might be stopped. With any luck, Aberian will be safe from this hag. It is some comfort to know that there are plans moving forward, at least.

Luohn's discussion with his brother continues over the course of the next few days, as they continue to work on fixing the forge and Umbra helps with the construction of Aberian's Sniper Goggles. Umbra is knowledgeable about many of the gods, but he seems to take pleasure in hearing Luohn describe them with his own unique perspective. For the moment, at least, Umbra keeps his own council, though he seems most interested in deities whose domains include Magic, and those deities tend less towards the side of good.

Gaius' discussion with the folk in town leads to some courses of action, at least. Gaius mentions the Frost Giants who have camped nearby, and the people are nervous. "Tough talking with them folks. Even with Aravashnial helping with communication, their way of thinking is so different. We'd just as soon leave them alone, for risk of pissin' 'em off. But if you think we need to get their help, we'll try. Maybe we could ask them to collect wood from that forest you lot just came back from?"

The question of the dragon attack locations lead to some discussion and marking of the map. And as to its description, Gaius is lead to one of the attack survivors. He is a frail man-- likely part of why he ran from the attack. You can't imagine this fellow standing his ground in the face of a dragon. Though it's a miracle that he survived the rest of the trip through the Worldwound alone. When this is pointed out, he says that most didn't. "Oh, old Felps, head of our caravan guard, lead the charge against the dragon when it attacked, and he found out what that thing could do. I... I don't even know how to describe it! The thing breathed, like the stories say about red dragons. With the fire and whatnot. But this thing breathed... unreality! The squad's skin and armor bubbled and warped, and when the breath was over, metal was fused with their head, and I couldn't tell where helmet started and skull ended. So of course we ran! How were we gonna fight that thing?!" The man is on the edge of hystrics, and repeats the last question several times. It gives Gaius time to think about the description. Seems like some kind of acid breath, but with some kind of additional magic effects. "The thing was big-- Huge!-- and as best we could tell it just wanted to cargo. It didn't give chase, which confirmed that thought. But truth be told we didn't really think on it much, we were just thankful to still be alive, and be ourselves. It was... Its skin didn't match any dragons I've heard tell of. Some parts of it black, some red, some brown. I didn't stop to draw a picture, alright?"

OOC

I will try to remind you, but when the next sleep comes let me know if you actually take any magical precautions, Aberian and Sequoyah.

Sniper goggles achieved!

The dragon attacks are marked on your map as "Woundwyrm attacks." I feel the need to say that the attacks don't make perfect story sense with where caravans from Kenabres might travel. But I'm trying to help with where one might look for the dragon.

Objectives

Party Information

Character HP Effects
Luohn 80/80 [TBD]
Gaius 132/132
[TBD]
Justiel 63/63
[TBD]
Sequoyah 118/118
[TBD]
Aberian 90/90
[TBD]
Ragnar 109/109
[TBD]

Enemy Information

Mini-stats

Gaius tried to assure those he spoke with that they would eventually deal with that huge wyrm in time. Having received some descriptions, he ventured to follow-up with the Frost Giants and Aravashnial, hoping he would find them together.

Of the Frost Giants he inquired to their activities and how they were managing, planning to enlist their help in something worthy of their expertise.

With the old wizard he described the dragon as he heard from the witnesses.

Then he asked, "So, what do you make of it? It does not sound like they could tell for sure what color the dragon was exactly. Could it be a multi-colored hybrid mutt of a dragon?"

Drezen The Worldwound.
%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

The Giants seem entirely uneasy. They are experiencing something outside of their static home for the first time in thousands of years, and the place looks alien to them for multiple reasons. "This Place... it has changed much since our time last here. Has the world truly fallen so far?..." They relate that they have been trying to make do, and that returning to the older ways of hunting and building shelter is taking some time. Communication is difficult, and of course the trade that they knew in their day is no longer an option. So it comes as almost a pleasant surprise when Gaius mentions that there is a forest, and that the area could use lumber. At the very least, it would give the tribe something to do, which is an advantage over idleness.

Aravashnial listens to the descriptions, and he stares into the middle distance as he thinks. "I... can't say I have a clear theory, exactly. But it certainly sounds out of the ordinary. It could be some mixture of different colors of dragons... You know, I recall that dragon skull we found in the courtyard and the story of how a red dragon had attempted to drink the Nahyndrian Elixir, but had died as a result. I can imagine a wide range of hypotheses as it pertains to this dragon. Perhaps the red dragon didn't truly die, and this is just an odd effect of the elixir on that creature. Or perhaps its essence somehow survived and was incorporated into a different dragon... But it's all just wild speculation. With the facts as presented, I can't be sure exactly what's going on. A more reasonable hypothesis from me is that the Worldwound seems to influence and even change a creature over time. We can see this most clearly in the case of the Mongrelm--- Descendants of the First Crusaders," he corrects himself, "and how their bodies were affected. I have to wonder if something similar might happen to a dragon over time. It might explain a number of things, including why the creature's breath seems to have an effect that I've never heard coming from any Dragon..."

OOC

Objectives

Party Information

Character HP Effects
Luohn 80/80 [TBD]
Gaius 132/132
[TBD]
Justiel 63/63
[TBD]
Sequoyah 118/118
[TBD]
Aberian 90/90
[TBD]
Ragnar 109/109
[TBD]

Enemy Information

After hours of toil on the Googles for Aberian with his brother, Luohn was extremely pleased that they had achieved something together, as it was physical evidence that could be used to further convince Umbra of his potential. And the arcanist certainly did so on several occasions, also using it to put a good word with the crusaders about his brother's deeds.

The theological discussions were also very interesting, and Luohn wondered when it could be relevant to call Sequoyah to join in with them. Not now, but when Umbra would start opening up, it could be time. In the meantime, the erudite samsaran tried to broaden his brother's views, by speaking with him of the Osirian Pantheon. "I have only the faintest memory of it, but I seem to remember a time when we lived way south, in the land of sand and mysteries. Do you remember Isis or Thoth ? Both were well-versed in Magic indeed, and Isis was even a goddess of Rebirth. I have found a couple of books even this far north that mention them, you can look at them if you wish. What do you say we go visit South when this is all over here ?" and he would expand on that perspective as much he could to try and steer his brother's pursuits toward the very best options for him.

If asked to help with liaising with the Giants, or analyzing the reports of the dragon, he would of course gladly try to contribute too.

Edited by Thot (see edit history)

Mini-stats

Gaius helped set up the giants with those working on the defenses and organizing an armed expedition to acquire lumber from the forest. Once he worked out the general guidance for the solutions, he others take to implementation as any good leader would do once the tasks were delegated. "If you run into any issues you cannot resolve, let me know."

He thanked the elven mage for the information and made a point to share what he learned with his companions who tended to be way more learned than he for such matters.

The Worldwound.
Afternoon, 23 Kuthona (12th month, Early Winter) DR 4713
%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

After more work and crafting, planning and helping, the party recognizes that it is time to confront the next challenge. Though the attacks of the Woundwyrm loom large over the citadel of Drezen, the idea of some piece of a god trapped in a cursed piece of land also needs addressing.

The party sets out a couple of days later, following the protective path of the canyon on its way northwest. It is not a particularly long trip, compared to many of the journeys they've already made. But the terrain is difficult, and several stops for rest during the night must be made. Heading further north during the colder part of the year is itself not very comfortable. And the Worldwound does add its own... personal touch.

About 2/3 of the way through the trek, another storm hits. It reminds you of the one that you found while tracking Umbra, but more appropriate for this time of year. At first. It is midnight (or something like it), when the storm really picks up, whipping about your tents loudly enough to way up deep sleepers. Justiel is quite restless in the wind. It is far stronger and more chaotic than you would expect of winds typically found in Canyons. Something is clearly amiss. For Luohn, who was keeping watch, it seemed to come on quite suddenly, from a gently (almost beautiful) bit of snow, to a suddenly much heavier snowfall, to an extremely windy blizzard.

Then, all of the snow turns to a torrential downpour of warm rain. There is a danger of a flash flooding. And the cause of all of this is not yet clear.

OOC

Objectives

Party Information

Character HP Effects
Luohn 80/80 [TBD]
Gaius 132/132
[TBD]
Justiel 63/63
[TBD]
Sequoyah 118/118
[TBD]
Aberian 90/90
[TBD]