Belgoth - Whip Controlling Bloodrager

Belgoth

Belgoth the Bloodrager

Born in the deadly lands of Numeria, Belgoth was kidnapped at a young age by cultists posing as crusaders coming in along the river. Subjected to a mysterious and horrifying ritual, the young barbarian managed to escape - though the eldritch ceremony seemed to have awakened an ancient taint in his blood.
He managed to find refuge with first a farmer, later gaining work as a caravan guard and drover. This has brought him to the Cafe; he hopes to purchase a little luxury with his handful of remaining coins, but, most importantly, hopes to attract the notice of someone willing to take him into their employ.

Character Generation

Ability Scores: 20 point buy

Strength: 14 (+2 Racial) = 16

Dexterity: 12

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 12

Wisdom: 11

Charisma: 14

Race: Human

Alternate Racial Traits: None

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 195

Class: Bloodrager

Favored Class: Bloodrager

Favored Class Bonus: +1 round of bloodrage x1

Traits: Reactionary; Campaign Trait: Stolen Fury.

Skill Ranks: 4 + 1 + Skilled = 6

Skills Trained: Acrobatics [1 Rank], Climb [1 Rank], Intimidate [1 Rank], Knowledge (Arcana) [1 Rank], Perception [1 Rank], Spellcraft [1 Rank].

Background Skill Ranks: 2

Skills Trained: Handle Animal [1 Rank], Knowledge (geography) [1 Rank].

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Whip), Weapon Focus (Whip).

Bonus Languages: One - Suggestions Needed

Hit Points: Max (d10) + 2 = 12

Starting Wealth

Equipment

Starting Items Cost Source
 Explorer's outfit 10 gp AoN

Weapons Cost Source
Whip 1gp AoN
Scythe 18gp AoN

Armour Cost Source
Leather 10gp AoN

Adventuring Gear Cost Source
Bloodrager's Kit 9gp AoN

Funds Remaining: 12gp

Edited by MrNeech
Added Equipment (see edit history)
Name
Starting Wealth
3d6*10 3,1,1

Other than choosing his bonus language I believe Belgoth is done. I tried to copy as much of your example character formatting as I could, but sadly didn't know how to make it as pretty. 😭

Rather than going the tempting route of a Rageshaper with the Dragon bloodline, I decided to go a little more unconventional with his build and shoot for a whip controller rather than focusing on DPR. Thinking of the whip as basically being a VMC makes it a little easier to sell myself on the feat investment required, and Bloodline feats will help to round out the maneuver portion of things.

In fairness to the goons they were new, and they weren't expecting a smallish human to go full Cuchulainn; the bloodshot, protruding eyeballs, muscles on the outside, and biting of the unmentionables hadn't been covered in their orientation packet. It was a management failure if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nonlethal damage should be 0
  • Common language should not be labelled Taldane unless you are from that region or of that ethnicity
  • For completeness sake please fill in the 0's on base saves
  • Not sure where bloodline familiar is coming from?

Other than that, mechanics look good.

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)