Out of Character Chat Thread

We had plans to go to Japan with the whole family. I want to visit a friend of my father while he is still in good health, as well as see Kyoto and everything. But then the war happened, and Russian airspace closed. The travel time jumped from 10 to 20 hours and the price went through the roof, so the trip has been delayed indefinitely.

12 hours ago, Ayeba said:

We had plans to go to Japan with the whole family. I want to visit a friend of my father while he is still in good health, as well as see Kyoto and everything. But then the war happened, and Russian airspace closed. The travel time jumped from 10 to 20 hours and the price went through the roof, so the trip has been delayed indefinitely.

Oh man, that sucks!

1 hour ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Oh man, that sucks!

A bit, yes, but I'm just glad I'm not living in a warzone. Or getting conscripted to fight in one.

@RedDingo How tall is Thordin, for clarification? Your character application says 6'4", but you mention in the tavern that he's 6'7", If I mention your height, then you'd either be slightly shorter or slightly taller than Sketvid (who is 6'5")

Yeah that discrepancy was a gaff on my part. Being freakish is tall for a humanoid is part of the otherness that makes it difficult for him to connect. I’ve amended it in my character app, though I don’t think it’ll matter.

6 minutes ago, RedDingo said:

Yeah that discrepancy was a gaff on my part. Being freakish is tall for a humanoid is part of the otherness that makes it difficult for him to connect. I’ve amended it in my character app, though I don’t think it’ll matter.

It doesn't matter generally, but as you can probably see, my writing style is on the more descriptive side, so it's important for me to know how your character looks in comparison and in contrast to others. 👍🏾

I must admit to be slightly overwhelmed by the multituple conversations going on at the same time in the tavern. I’ll try to get myself back inserted.

41 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I must admit to be slightly overwhelmed by the multituple conversations going on at the same time in the tavern. I’ll try to get myself back inserted.

Yup, definitely an issue. Try to keep yourself afloat.

20 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

Yup, definitely an issue. Try to keep yourself afloat.

I know where everyone is, gimme just a sec, I've been working on it for the last couple hours XD @Shocker

DM mentioned the tavern had a famous pillar that everyone tried to climb, the goal being to write one's name at the top. So that's the challenge Crisp was trying to overcome. Not sure where that is on the map. Earlier, iceblock-Crisp was melting by the fire.

Just now, Cointhief said:

DM mentioned the tavern had a famous pillar that everyone tried to climb, the goal being to write one's name at the top. So that's the challenge Crisp was trying to overcome. Not sure where that is on the map. Earlier, iceblock-Crisp was melting by the fire.

This isn't an accurate map at all, just something I grabbed off of the internet as a reference. If I were to put it anywhere, I'd put it where Table B is currently (imagine that A and B have enough space to be next to each other).