Out of Character Chat Thread

Just now, Ayeba said:

You choose the best set. The third there is almost as good as it gets.

Ok that makes a TON of sense, but since this one isn't on my official post, I think I'll just redo it there and let the dice fall where they may (totally kicking myself in the keister tho)

@RedDingo Per the DM's announcement from yesterday, because you have what seems to be a complete (and intriguing) application, you may post in the Pre-Game IC Thread before the application is reviewed.

@RedDingo Which language are the words supposed to be in? Are they Giant? I recognize them as Norwegian or another Scandinavian language; they are very similar. But in the setting, I assume Norwegian does not exist, so ... something else, then.

I'm asking because Lidda can speak Giant. The question is actually: Will she understand the words?

5 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

@RedDingo Which language are the words supposed to be in? Are they Giant? I recognize them as Norwegian or another Scandinavian language; they are very similar. But in the setting, I assume Norwegian does not exist, so ... something else, then.

I'm asking because Lidda can speak Giant. The question is actually: Will she understand the words?

They are giant. Most of the Giant language is taken from old Nordic, Danish, etc, so I look up any terms that can’t be found in the Giant dictionary online and use those.

1 hour ago, Ayeba said:

Cool. It's my native tongue, so I've got quite the advantage there.

Alright, I’m at work right now, so it might be a while before I can reply.

@Ayeba Your responses to my conversation really gets me to step into Andraste's shoes! I am thoroughly enjoy this XD, I am a fantasy writer IRL (not published yet), so I'm still endeavoring to hold onto her inner conflict at least until the halfway point if I am to be accepted, but you and @RagallachMC are helping me set this up SO WELL! (intentioned or not, I thank you for the juicy content). Who knows, I may even write something akin to this...👀

5 hours ago, ArtamenaV said:

@Ayeba Your responses to my conversation really gets me to step into Andraste's shoes! I am thoroughly enjoy this XD, I am a fantasy writer IRL (not published yet), so I'm still endeavoring to hold onto her inner conflict at least until the halfway point if I am to be accepted, but you and @RagallachMC are helping me set this up SO WELL! (intentioned or not, I thank you for the juicy content). Who knows, I may even write something akin to this...👀

Good to hear you're enjoying yourself.

@Shadeus Just like in real life, only you can decide what you wish to share. It's perfectly understandable that you (or your character) don't bladder out everything you know to the first stranger you meet. You needn't even explain why, just deflect or change the topic.

6 hours ago, Ayeba said:

@Shadeus Just like in real life, only you can decide what you wish to share. It's perfectly understandable that you (or your character) don't bladder out everything you know to the first stranger you meet. You needn't even explain why, just deflect or change the topic.

I read Shadeus's last post and I'm a bit confused by this post. Was there something you felt was amiss with what Yod said? Felt perfectly fine to me, especially for a gruff Dwarf. I'm curious if I missed something though?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Peacemonger said:

I read Shadeus's last post and I'm a bit confused by this post. Was there something you felt was amiss with what Yod said? Felt perfectly fine to me, especially for a gruff Dwarf. I'm curious if I missed something though?

That's up to them to decide whether they'd like to explain or not.

I'd like to clear up a possible misunderstanding. Lidda is fascinated by muscles because she is sorely lacking in that department herself. She is not trying to initiate any sexual activity. I know that many are not okay with roleplaying that, and I (the player) do not wish to create uncomfortable, awkward situations. If I wished to roleplay adult behavior, I'd find a forum or discord server specifically for that purpose. My intention here is to roleplay only PG stuff.

By the way, @ArtamenaV, let me know if you find Lidda's line of questioning annoying or bothersome. Either in or out of character.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

It was about the OOC note at the bottom of my last reply. I didn't want to reveal in character that he's a shapeshifted undead titan. 😀 It's fine; I have moved on.

Edited by Shadeus (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Shadeus said:

It was about the OOC note at the bottom of my last reply. I didn't want to reveal in character that he's a shapeshifted undead titan. 😀 It's fine; I have moved on.

And here I thought my character being a secret shapeshifted undead titan would've made her unique and stand out. 😉