Out of Character Chat Thread

@Kamishiro_Rin couple of Quick question:

Does the following replaces the racial attribute boosts or is this coming on top of them?

Assigning Attribute Scores

ALL Races get a +2 to any desired stat and a +1 to any other desired stat, OR a +1 to any three, different stats as desired.

Also second question, my background gives me common clothes, Omar isn't exactly dressed in a common fashion, can I substitute for something "fancier" and adjust the coin in my purse accordingly

third and last question, Omar is going to carry a Quarterstaff, and I would like to utilize it as arcane focus, making it essentially an old fashioned wizards staff, chunky enough to clobber a head with it. Would that be ok for you?

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Does the following replaces the racial attribute boosts or is this coming on top of them?

Replaces. The old Human (Variant) racial stats read:

Ability Scores: Choose any two unique +1

So replace it with:

Ability Scores: Choose one of: (a) Choose any +2; choose any other +1 or (b) Choose three different +1

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Also second question, my background gives me common clothes, Omar isn't exactly dressed in a common fashion, can I substitute for something "fancier" and adjust the coin in my purse accordingly

You can sell any equipment that comes with your background or class for half price and use whatever gold you have to purchase replacement/additional equipment.

You may also opt to forego the equipment granted by your class and either (a) roll for it (in your case, 4d4 × 10 gp) and keep whatever you roll, OR take the average of that (in your case 2.5 × 4 × 10 = 100 gp), if you'd rather not risk a low roll. You can then purchase equipment a la carte.

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

third and last question, Omar is going to carry a Quarterstaff, and I would like to utilize it as arcane focus, making it essentially an old fashioned wizards staff, chunky enough to clobber a head with it. Would that be ok for you?

I believe that this is in the PHB p. 151:

Staff

Staff, weapon, spellcasting focus

Simple weapon, melee weapon

5 gp, 4 lb.

1d6 bludgeoning - versatile (1d8)

Versatile. This weapon can be used with one or two hands. A damage value in parentheses appears with the property—the damage when the weapon is used with two hands to make a melee attack.

An arcane focus is a special item designed to channel the power of arcane spells. A sorcerer, warlock, or wizard can use such an item as a spellcasting focus.

Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.

Due to being unable to keep up with post rates, I am stepping down. I apologize for the trouble this will cause but I think this will make gameplay easier in the long run. Please feel free to use Zhasi in any way or form that is needed as a NPC, I would rather the party not lose a healer just because the healer lost it's player.

Best of luck to you guys and I'll see you on the weave.