Character Creation Discussion

3 hours ago, Draidden said:

I have a decker and a thief/assassin I tried playing in a previous game and also suffered the fate of them dying very shortly after they started. Will look them over and see what I decide.

You can never have too many deckers!!

1 hour ago, TheBard101 said:

You can never have too many deckers!!

Sorry. My bad. He is a Rigger, not a Decker. He is an orc, so I will have to revamp him to fit these rules.

Is there a way to adjust the racial cost in Chummer5 per the rules stated in character creation?

I think so, but it would require creating an xml file with the altered priorities. Which I guess would only really be a bunch of copy-pasting, but it would be a bit of a hassle. It's pretty late here for me but I'll take a look at it tomorrow if no-one else gets there first.

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)

Question @saithor is there a theme you are going for? Are we a crew? Starting as crew on a boat, or some such? Or just standard runners in Miami? Sorry, reading up on the Caribbean League currently ...

Standard runners for right now, you can have former boat experience and the plan is eventually to stick you all on one yep. I'm thinking of making the first run hijacking a boat that you'll use actually.

What year is it? The setting PDF doesn't mention much beyond the 60-ies, methinks.

Also, any baseline for what sort of dicepool makes you "good" at something? (As in going beyond it may be overkill and/or going below will see you struggle).

Edited by Havelock (see edit history)

Hmm not sure if I'll end up launching myself down the SR rabbit hole but pink mohawk does sound fun. Thinking back on an old idea that I never got to really make/play, what's your outlook on how blindness would effect a technopath?

How many special attribute points do the adjusted metatypes get at A priority? (For instance, under the normal rules, a Priority A dwarf gets 7 special attribute points. With these houserules, a Priority B dwarf would get 7 special attribute points, so what would a Priority A dwarf get?)

3 hours ago, Llyarden said:

How many special attribute points do the adjusted metatypes get at A priority? (For instance, under the normal rules, a Priority A dwarf gets 7 special attribute points. With these houserules, a Priority B dwarf would get 7 special attribute points, so what would a Priority A dwarf get?)

Always a bit difficult because some priorities scale linearly whiles others scale one some kind of exponential curve, but the Metatype chart seems to be about 3 special attribute points per level, so if you take A in a metatype whose cost has been lowered increase the special attribute points by 3.

8 hours ago, Havelock said:

What year is it? The setting PDF doesn't mention much beyond the 60-ies, methinks.

Also, any baseline for what sort of dicepool makes you "good" at something? (As in going beyond it may be overkill and/or going below will see you struggle).

Generally for dice pools 10-14 is a good one to aim for what you want to do particularly well, with higher being good if you can reach it. On the timeline we'll be running till the end of the SR 5e timeline, just in time to avoid Cutting Black and it's nonsense. Some of the post 60s content regarding Florida will be ignored, Miami is not part of the CAS again and still seperate, but otherwise we'll keep with it in general. Gunderson is still around and mostly focused on keeping afloat, but has been eyeing trying to claw it's way back to AA status.

8 hours ago, Clockwork Writer said:

Hmm not sure if I'll end up launching myself down the SR rabbit hole but pink mohawk does sound fun. Thinking back on an old idea that I never got to really make/play, what's your outlook on how blindness would effect a technopath?

Not a huge expert on technomancers but I believe being blind would affect your ability to deal with AR but probably not VR.

Ah, I should probably have more than 5-7 dice in everything useful then. Maybe I won't be quite as much a jack-of-all-trades... XD

On the plus side, I think I got the houserule for metatypes working in Chummer. It should be as simple as extracting the attached folder to the customdata folder and activating it in a character creation setting.

Saithor's Metatype Priority Adjustment.zip

@saithor I have a suggestion. Can you encourage applicants to include some music that would fit their character in some way? I'm stealing inspiration from a different game, and I think it works great in conveying the tone of the character, pun intended. No need to make it mandatory; music should not be a requirement. Just voluntarily for those that want to.

If you're wondering what my stake in this is: I love looking through the other applications and listen to the music, adding any gems I find to my playlists. That's how I discovered for example Action Alexi - Lifelike.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

@saithor I have a suggestion. Can you encourage applicants to include some music that would fit their character in some way? I'm stealing inspiration from a different game, and I think it works great in conveying the tone of the character, pun intended. No need to make it mandatory; music should not be a requirement. Just voluntarily for those that want to.

If you're wondering what my stake in this is: I love looking through the other applications and listen to the music, adding any gems I find to my playlists. That's how I discovered for example Action Alexi - Lifelike.

I don't mind music being included in applications, they can include songs they feel fit their character if they want to.