Stats
B:3  A: 3  R: 3  S: 3  W: 3  L: 3  I: 3  C: 3  E: 3  E. pts: 3
Ess: 6.0    M: 6   Init: 6+1D6    Ast Init: 6+2D6  
Composure:C3+W3 Judge:C3+I3 Mem:L3+W3      
Lift/Carry: 45kg/30kg     Movement:
PHY Lim: 4    MEN Lim: 4   SOC Lim: 4     AST Lim:4 
PHY DMG: 10/10      STUN DMG: 10/10

Skills                                      Skill Group
-(S)Running=2                                         -(M)Sorc=4                
-(L)First Aid=3                                         -(M)Conjure=3
-(L)Medicine=3                                      -(A)Close Combat=3
-(M)Alchemy=3                                      -(A)Firearms=3
-(L)Arcana=5
-(I)Assensing=5
-(W)Astral Combat=4                             Knowledge Skills
-(L)Chemistry=2                                      -(L)Magical Theory=5(Academic)
-(C)Con=2                                             -(L)Medical=3(Academic)
-(C)Ettiquette=2                                      -(L)Corp Security Procedures=4 (Pro)
-(A)Gunnery=2                                        -(L)Security Design-4(Pro)
-(A)LockSmith=3                                     -(I)UnderWorld Ciminal Org=2(Street)
-(C)Negotiation=2                                  -(I)(Interest)
-(I)Perception=3
-(W)Survival=2
-(A)Sneaking=3
-(R)Pilot Ground Craft=1

Languages English,X  (Native)

Positive Qualities
-Astral Chameleon -10
-Bilingual-5
-Quick Healer-3

Negative Qualities
-Sinner Corporate +25
-Spirit Bane (beast) +7

LifeStyle
Low 2k/mon (3months)                                                                                                (6,000)
Magic Lodge R:6                                                                                                         (3,000)
Doc Wagon Basic 1yr                                                                                                   (5,000)
Gear
Primary Armor: Armor Vest  R: 9                                                                               (500)
Primary Ranged:Colt Manhunter  Dam: 8P  Acc:5(6)   AP:-1(-5/APDS)       (700)  
Mode:SS   RC:--  Ammo:16(c)  LAM(Under), Q.Draw Holster                         (300)
10 Spare Clips, 160 Rds (APDS)                                                                                  (1970)             
Primary Melee: Ext BatonX2   Reach: 1  Dam: (STR+2)P  Acc:5  AP:---         (200)
Off Hand Pen -2
Other Gear
Colt M23:    Dam: 9P  Acc: 4(5)  AP-2(-6APDS)      
Mode: SA/BF/FA  RC:--     Ammo: 40(c) LAM(Under) Suppressor               (1,175)
3 Spare Clips, 120 Rds (APDS)                                                                                     (1,455)   
Combat Knife:   Reach:---  Dam: STR+2   Acc:5    AP: -1                                     (100)    
Erika Elite DR: 7                                                                                                           (2,500)
AR Gloves                                                                                                                      (150)
Subvocal Mic/Micro-Transceiver W/Ear Buds Audio En, S Sound R:3       (150)
Glasses/ Low-light, Image Link, Thermal, Vision mag                                     (1,675)
Fake SIN/ Fake Lic Pistol, CCW  R:4                                                                         (10,800)
Fake SIN/ Fake Lic Pistol, CCW  R:4                                                                         (10,800)
Plastic Restraints 40 (per 10)                                                                                     (20)
LockPick Set                                                                                                                    (250)
Miniwelder                                                                                                                       (250)
Gas Mask (3 spare containers)                                                                                   (320)
MedKit R:6 W/ Biomoniter                                                                                         (1,800)
Stim Patch R:4 X5                                                                                                            (500)

(=49,615-50,000=385)
Spells
Levitate (Type:P Rng:LOS Dur:S  Drain:F-2)                       Heal (Type:M Rng:T Dur:P Drain:F-4)
Manabolt (Type:M Rng:LOS Dam:P Dur:I Drain:F-3)      Detox (Type:M Rng:T Dur:P Drain:F-6)
FlameThrow (Type:P Rng:LOS Dam:P Dur:I Drain:F-3)   Antidote (Type:M Rng:T Dur:P Drain:F-3)
Imp Invis (Type:P Rng: LOS Dur:S Drain: F-1)                   Com Sen (Type:M Rng:T Dur:s Drain:F)
Blast (Type:P Rng:LOS Dam:P Dur:I Drain:F)                     Detect M (Type:M Rng:T Dur:S Drain:F-2)
StunBall (Type:M Rng:LOS(A) Dam:S Dur:I Drain:F)

Contacts
Talismonger 2/5
Fixer 3/2
Gang Member 1/1
Bartender 1/2

Character Creation Notes
Priorities 
A= Magic M6 two magic skills R5 10 spells
A= Skills  46/10
D= Attributes 14
D= Resources 50,000
E= Metatype Human 1 Special Att 

Arcana and Assensing are the two R5 magic skills.
I bought each firearm skill up to 3 for a total of 9 pts spent and just put them as a skill group
as I will treat it as such when it comes time to increase it.
Att Strength at 1 pt used 25 karma to bring it up to 3
Positive Qualities -18 +32 Negative qualities =14 Karma 5 for new Spell and 2 pts for Nuyen exchange giving char an extra 4,385 to starting Creds. Add the 3D6X60 for Starting Creds. 7 Karma carried over.

The contacts I kept without names for the time as I was not sure if the GM might have some they would rather use or perhaps they could be hooks for other players to use. One caveat was the talismonger and bartender are both females.

Edited by Essex (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Soren had been born into the Corp life. His parents were wage slaves in the R&D department. Though they worked about 12 hours a day and his day was filled with school, group activities, and such as to make him a proper Corp employee. They still spent time together everyday.

His grades were good but never great. He seemed lazy when it came to the normal grind of school work. This all changed though when he awakened. In one quick moment he went from a regular Corp school to one for magical studies. They had assessed he wouldn't be the type to sit around at a desk or spend hours working on R&D. He had been tested and shown to be more acceptable to the life of Security. 

Mages were scarce in the world. Very rare that Corps would kill for them. Mage though were mostly in position to take the safe jobs. Sit in a lab or office and make money. A mage who was willing to work for security though was just as sought after if not more. Depending on what type of Corp it was. So his education had added magical studies, security procedures, and all types of combat training. He elected to spend extra curricular studies in the medical area. A combat mage was good for security work, but one who was a medic was twice as useful. At least in his mind. The educators told him he only needed to rely on magic to heal his team. 

One aspect of his life that had not changed since becoming awakened was his time spent away from the Corporate world and it's safety. He and a few other rebellious teens had always managed to sneak out and away. Going to see how the poor people lived. While he had done it because he had enjoyed the more dangerous part of it, he had also befriended several people. One of whom was an awakened girl. She had shown him the dark side of the Corporate world. Let him see how the world was not safe and secure under Corporate control. She had soon left, her and her family moved away hoping to find a better life somewhere else.

This lesson had soon become far too real. When he had finally graduated and was on his way to finally becoming a hired member of the Corporate world. A tragedy struck. Some Shadowrun team had infiltrated the R&D facility his parents worked at. The official story was they were sent to sabotage the facility and something went wrong or they had messed up their explosives. The entire facility was destroyed. Multiple explosions and no survivors.

The official story, but Soren had managed to find out some of the true story. Pieced together from notes and conversations he had over heard his parents having. There was something going on at the facility. He wasn't sure what it was. Some new invention they couldn't have getting out. Some great secret that may have been pilfered from the data files the runners might have uncovered. Underground slave trade or even mass murder. Whatever it was the Corp could not risk it being exposed. So they, themselves had taken a vote the moment they knew a team had entered the facility. In one board meeting a team of runners, three dozen employees, and several million Nuyen worth of resources all blown away, that cost was negligible. Not like they company lost it all. Back up files kept the majority of the work safe. Another few R&D teams could carry on the work.

His parents dead and part of the secret was uncovered by him. Small chance hte Corp would know he had figured anything out. Though he couldn't be a part of it anymore. His parents died on Corp property, Killed by runners. That meant he got two life insurance payouts plus a Corp payout as a way to say they cared. He used most of the money to buy his way out of the contract he had been under. 

As he had been keeping contact with his friend from youth, her over anyone else he had known. She was probably the only person he ever saw as a real friend. So it was to her he had decided to go to. Moving all the way to Miami where she had become a Talismonger, she helped him set up a small business. He decided to help the community providing some magical assistance for a lower cost than average. Providing healing to people who couldn't afford a regular hospital visit. This was a cover for him though. His true goal was to enter the shadows and become a runner. Even though he would be a flea biting an elephant, he wanted to do something to knock the Corps down a notch. She had helped him meet some contacts. Though he had only been in the area a short time he had done a few easy runs. Showed the streets he could handle himself. Now he needed a permanent team so he could take on bigger jobs. 

(As a side note the Corp and location were left unnamed at this point in case the GM needed it to be a specific Corp.)

Edited by Essex (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

@saithor PG 64 Shadowrun core RB all characters start with 25 karma they will use to improve themselves. I used that as my neg qualities paid for my positive qualities