How much experience is enough to play this game and join this campaign?

Wowbagger

I have been wanting to play DnD for years and have never really tried it apart from listening to Critical Role, watch some tutorials about the basics and play Baldur's Gate. I did some roleplaying online but never in the context of DnD.

So my question is what do I need to do before I can actually join a campaign here?

10 hours ago, Wowbagger said:

I have been wanting to play DnD for years and have never really tried it apart from listening to Critical Role, watch some tutorials about the basics and play Baldur's Gate. I did some roleplaying online but never in the context of DnD.

So my question is what do I need to do before I can actually join a campaign here?

I can't speak for this DM, but in general on this site if you want to join a game you just need to submit an app according to the DM's specifications and if they like your app they'll accept you for their game otherwise you just got to try your luck elsewhere.

For my own games I always have my prospective players fill out an app and then participate in an in-character pre-game thread to show off their role playing chops and so I can see who seems to work well together.

Other DMs often just ask you to fill out an app and you hope for the best. Some DMS have you submit a writing sample.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Hey Wowbagger,

Thanks for your interest in my game, you are definitely welcome to join it. All you have to do is to create a character and post it in the application topic I added.
If you need some pointers on how to create a character and maybe some other stuff, the link below gives a good introduction on how to create a character.

https://youtu.be/ZcNgj0KPYuA

You can use other applications on this website as an example:
Armando Railwalker - River Warlock - Characters - Myth-Weavers

Like I said, I'm new to this as well so I'll figure some things out as we go along. So don't worry about making any mistakes, it's all about having fun.