The Caravan

Nerian

7 hours ago, sleepydogboy said:

Horarth.jpg.ed178969cb539bdec4e0e75e6044f3d7.jpgHorarth Augustfield

Horarth does his best to quietly slink into the wagon he was seated on, unnoticed (Agility and Stealth3d10 5,3,7 15). Best case scenario, maybe they won't find him, and in the worst case... well, this is where he stored his Greek Fire.

You aren't very stealthy, but you aren't exactly noisy either, just kind of normal, which does cause one of the horsemen to ride around and check, quickly noticing that you are not the prince they are looking for they ride back to their group.

arie-hong-leo-as2token.jpg.109c8497f003db8236cd61fb80ee1a54.jpg

Alfrid Dannen

Containing his frustration, Alfrid continues to stall. "Certainly. Will you give me your word that your men won't get close while we try to find him? The chaos would make our task more difficult."

OOC

Provided that I succeed and the leader has no problem keeping his men away from the caravan, Alfrid will actively look.

Notice, Cunning and Persuasion

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)
Name
Notice
1d10 7
Cunning and Persuasion
3d10 8,7,4

spacer.pngTaunus, Goblin Ranger

Taunus initially shrugs at the demands of the midnight man. He doesn't know who this Prince is, who this man represents, or why he should acre about either of them. Nobles never cared much to venture into the forest and to be entirely honest that suited him just fine. They left him alone, he ignored them. His eyes harden at the implicit threat to the rest of them though, even addressed to this Prince as it was. Laying the voice at this Aldenar's feet did not mean it was any less of the midnight man's doing. If a prince was even here. "Thrashdak," he cursed in goblin, spitting over the side of the wagon towards the bandit. "I would not take orders or threats from you, midnight man. Let your business with this prince remain between the two of you." Hand still on taut bowstring, he makes no effort to move from his perch above the wagon, his body as tense as his weapon. Mentally he begins to pick targets, stretching his senses.

Name
Cunning + Perception (Awareness Perk)
success(3d10,7,above,yes,no) 10,8,3

The men have made no move to start searching the camp, they effectively have their weapons at low ready, they don't exactly look like they want a fight with anybody here, though they are armed and seemingly willing to fight if they need.

The leader looks at the goblin, "that is the way we would have it as well."

A figure that looks to be not noteworthy at all comes forward, "I will not have you hurt this caravan or any who travel with it. I will willingly come with you, knight of Aurellia to avoid any kind of bloodshed of these people."

The leader of the group looks him over good, and then gives a nod to one of his riders who binds the guy up and lays him across a saddle securing him then they ride off unless you somehow try to stop them.

As they are leaving one of the people traveling with the man lunge at the riders who then knock him in the head.

Alfrid Dannen

"Wait - is that really him?" Alfrid looks on, stupefied that a royal family member is giving himself up, and within miles of the capital. Disgusted with himself for watching the kidnapping unfold, he starts shouting at them. "Stop! How dare you! The Emperor will have your heads for this!"

Finally he draws his sword to back up the tough talk. "I won't let you do this!"

OOC

(We might be entering Initiative.)

Fairy.jpg.950d54214eca74013ceea4278217bc03.jpgEllie Fae Pixie Wanderer

Ellie shakes her head at Alfrid’s abrupt turn from helpful fool to angry man trying to attack a group of knights. Then, she flies back up to take a nap on a wagon roof.

OOC

What do you mean, ‘we?’

Emerging from the back door of the wagon, Horarth moves to rejoin the crowd as though he hadn't powdered at the first sign of danger. His gaze lands on the prince's group, and he sidles up to the injured party. "Maybe that'll knock some sense into you," he says. "I've never met a man worth risking a brain injury for. What makes him so special?" 

He looks to his side to see what all the shouting's about and sees Alfrid draw his blade. Horarth's hand slowly moves to his backpack as he waits to see the riders' reactions.

The group points their swords at Alfrid, "Don't be a fool, young man. This doesn't have to come to blows" The rider tying up the prince keeps tying him up and continues.

Anybody who plans on attacking can roll initiative, if you need a reminder it's 1d10 + your cunning skill.

spacer.pngMAKIAL LATHERON

Seeing how they were outnumbered, and how there was no imminent threat anymore to the caravan members, Makial made no fuss when the Prince surrendered himself to the armed cavalry. He had no attachment nor knowledge about him, and no special feelings either way. One thing he knew for sure though, was that the Prince certainly wasn't traveling alone. He tried to look at the area the lone man had come from, and walked over there to find someone from his retinue who may be able to shed some light on what had just happened.

Taunus watches the supposed prince give himself up without judgement, though speaks up when the loudmouth pretty boy cries out in defence, "Never met the Emperor, so don't know who's side he's on, or who's side you think I should be on. Doesn't matter what face the throne has, sole of the boot always looks the same. Besides, that guy was a knight, not a bandit according to your prince. Though I've never hear of this Aurellia neither. They've also never been out defending the village."

Alfrid Dannen

With a slight turn of his head towards the ranger, Alfrid mutters, "My family have faithfully served the Crown and the Holy See for generations. And now I have to watch these dogs ride off with the heir to the Empire, bound and slung over a horse."

OOC

I thought I was good with History, but that was in a previous character draft. Still I'll try Intelligence for relations between Aurellia. Wars or alliances, recent bad blood, etc.

And just to be clear, it's Alfrid's own fault that he's even present for this.

Intelligence

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)
Name
Intelligence
2d10 7,1

As trouble rides off into the night Taunus relaxes again, sliding the arrow back into his quiver and resting his crossed arms on his squatting knees. He turns his head over his shoulder to snipe back at Alfred "And I'm sure that's a nice little arrangement for you buttercup; bully boys for the mob boss. Perhaps if you lot spent more time on bread and circuses instead of taxes and levies you'd find a bit more loyalty from us 'subjects'." There's a clear inflection of disdain on the last word. "Didn't see any crown for the wolves, but they somehow found a way to send word come harvest time. I imagine it'll be the same whoever's in charge, so why should we care?"

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

Horarth steps away from the prince's group and closer to Alfrid and Taunus. "Fellows, fellows," he says as he approaches, "let's count our blessings here. I don't know about you all, but all my limbs are still comfortably attached to my body thanks to his royal highness's noble sacrifice." He puts some extra stink on those last two words and side-eyes the prince's group, clearly holding a grudge that the rest of the caravan (especially himself) was put in danger.

"This could be a golden opportunity is all. Those men didn't look like a bunch of woods-dwelling berry-eaters—" he turns to the goblin, "no offense," his tone is not very sincere, "—my point being they're bound to be headed for a city, possibly even Yuvia. I say we let the prince's entourage get nice and hysterical, swoop in offering heroism at an exorbitant rate, and before you know it we're bona fide social climbers of high society. Pretty boy gets to be a hero, the green one gets to run a circus, it's a win-win for all of us." He stands up extra straight, looking pleased with himself. "Your thoughts?"