"Low content" ads and high quantity of game hub ads

matt_s

I don't want to be too much of a grump but i think the ads section needs a purge, there's a few ads with effectively no content, then 4 different ads for various incarnations of Pathfinder society, and a bunch of other very open-ended ads that bloat the ad count. it would be good to hide / mute/ etc. ads or filter OUT ads we don't want to see.

The "low content" ads I don't think violate site rules (hence no report button) but I think it comes from new users/new to MWv6 who either don't get the pbp format here or just turned on "advertising" without putting due thought into it. So it's an education not a bad behavior thing I feel.

The filter when I set it ONLY returns the ones that are still checked - so the below leaves the CWN game advertising as of 4/1 but nothing else. What I want it to do is to suppress those two unchecked boxes and also have an option to indefinitely hide those and other games I so chose from the carousel as well.

What might actually be rulebreaking is that as far as I can tell some of these games hubs are not actually recruiting but they can't be bothered to take down their ads...

image.png.20e448faa3f328b53fe45192102d1d01.png

The advertisements system is on the radar screen for upgrades, but it will remain lower priority than getting OGMW into stable-1 and finishing up sheet viewer features.