Application Rules

Lwmons

Two character sheets are needed for your application: Your Digidestined and their partner Digimon.

Your Digidestined is built as a PL 5 completely mundane human with 75 PP to spend on themselves. You should expect to be artificially capped at PL 5 no matter how many PP you spend on your character. At the end of the day, you are a completely normal human without any supernatural powers(PL 5 is actually very high for a mundane human, as well). Please keep this in mind when choosing attributes as well. Your cap is technically 15, but 7 is considered peak human. You can still take Powers that have otherwise mundane explanations if you so choose, such as a few ranks of Speed or Leaping to represent peak athleticism. 2-4 Complications as normal, but unlike usual, you are not required to pick a Motivation. After all, as far as you all know, it's only a game, right? Any unspent PP may be saved for later if you would like.

Your partner Digimon, at their Rookie level, is built as a PL 8 character with 120 points to spend. No Complications. Please keep in mind that, at this stage of the game, you are only building a "stock" version of your Digimon, not a unique one. You will have opportunities for your partner to grow more unique in the future however. You will eventually need to create separate statblocks for their future stages, however this is not required at creation. When building these Digimon, please keep in mind their size. An average human is considered Size -2. Something smaller, like an Agumon, would be Size -3, while something on the scale of HerculesKabuterimon would be larger at Size 2. This is best represented through ranks of the Growth and Shrink power, with the Permanent extra. I've been using this website as my basis for most Digimon sizes and I encourage you to do the same.

Speaking of Digimon, when choosing your Digimon, you are encouraged to not only strike off the beaten path and pick some less common Digimon, but you are also welcome to create any evolutionary lines that you can justify with thematic consistency. For example, Morphomon>Hudiemon>Shutumon>Junomon technically isn't an official evolutionary path, but would be considered acceptable for our purposes. Fakemon, while not disallowed, are discouraged. We're setting this 25 years in the future, there's enough room to justify new Digimon being added to the franchise in that time via Fakemon

I'm not going to require any specific format for applications so long as it is legible and hits the usual suspects, like appearance, personality, and background. After selection, players are welcome to come up with a unified format for their sheets as well as for posting if they so choose. The only critical details I can think of off hand are that this game will take place in Tokyo(and likely more of Japan), and the in-universe release date of the game will be March 6th, 2049, which is also when the first session will take place.

Digimon do not require anything for flavortext. Appearance is covered by the picture, they all share the same backstory, and their personality is heavily influenced by their species. That is to say, while a Digimon's personality is influenced by their species, it is not defined by it. A Devimon is more predisposed towards violence and aggression, for example, but they can develop in other ways, particularly through the influence of their partners.