Kyle Silverwood

Posted (edited)

Ok cool, have updated my character sheet. Not sure if I calculated hit points correctly.

Spent points to buy a D12 hit die at first level, assume max at first level?

+ 3 Toughness feat

+ 2 constitution modifier

= 17.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 4:03 AM, Draco Cyberneticus said:

calculated correctly

Cool, thanks! 😀

For languages, I think just English, Kyle did not spend any points on any other languages.

Unless he gets a bonus one for having intelligence 12, I do not remember the rule for Modern.

On 4/18/2024 at 5:16 AM, Draco Cyberneticus said:

one bonus language for the +1 int mod. Did you spend a point for read/write?

Have not, will lower occult studies by 1 point to get read/write, so at two ranks instead of 4.

On 4/18/2024 at 5:18 AM, Draco Cyberneticus said:

Also, a paragraph or so of backstory to give hooks to work with the character.

Cool might be a bit, busy over the next three days with work and training.

Posted (edited)

Is Mandarin available as a language?

Vaguely think Sylvan might be useful but not sure if there is a way to justify him having it, unless it was part of his occult studies.

Otherwise will take French if neither Mandarin nor Sylvan fit.

To check...

English for free?

Does he need to spend a point to get read/write for English? If so then he will.

Then one bonus language from high int, ideally Sylvan, as part of his occult studies, if not, then Mandarin, if not that, then French.

To be literate in that language, would he then have to spend another point?

Backstory thoughts as bullet points

Sufffered from some health issues when he was younger, but training in martial arts helped with curing his ill health, and general strength and fitness overall.

Now teaches martial arts part time.

Learned some first aid.

Interested in supernatural, urban legends, mythology and the like. Has heard hints that some things might be more real than previously suspected, but that is just typical urban legend fare.

Has a few close friends, meets regularly with them to play roleplaying games. D&D, Pathfinder, a few others.

Enjoys musics, poetry, looking at fantasy artwork, playing old school video and computer games, particular rpgs. Travelled around a bit, visiting China, USA, Australia, but is back in New Zealand, which is where he was born.

For free spoken languages, where is you character from? Official Languages from your country, Native Americans also get tribal language, Mixed Race can get official languages of the home countries of both parents. 1 point buys the read/write for all of your native laguages (the ones spoken around the house and school growing up). Any language you speak that has the same alphabet as one you already read/write (eg English and French) you automaticly read/write. 1 point buys another alphabet. Sylvan is not available until can be learned in game, but Sindarin (Tolkien Elvish) is available, otherwise ANY Earth language(modern, historical, dead) is available. Just noticed your said the character is from New Zealand, so English and if you like Maori can be your native languages.

Edited by Draco Cyberneticus
clarifaction (see edit history)

While deciding on languages, go ahead and post in Awakening in Adventure Log α. Assume it is happening in same location, and concurrently with Barrigan's Posts. Also, until you open the chest it will look the same as the first picture in gallery, colour change won't happen FOR YOU until you open it.

Posted (edited)

Ok cool. I am still here but a little busy. Might have time to post tomorrow. Thanks for the info on languages.

Will have English as native, 1 point for read/write in that alphabet.

Actually, instead of tagging occult studies for three points then spending two points to make it four ranks...

Just do not tag it, so it is not a tagged skill, gets back 3 points.

1 point for read/write in English, so Latin alphabet.

Mandarin as bonus language for high int.

1 point for the written form of Mandarin.

Have 2 points in occult studies, to make it 2 ranks.

1 point left over.

Put that into Perform sing, just for fun.

Did you want Maori as a native language also? Because of the character gen rule the 1 point for the Latin Alphabet(English) would also cover what ever writing system the Maori use?

Move your three part staff from items to weapon. SRD for staff: three-part form: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Three-Section_Staff_(3.5e_Equipment)

Bo staff form (screwed together): use quarterstaff stats: https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/SRD:Quarterstaff

Edited by Draco Cyberneticus (see edit history)

Hmm, after some internal debate, I think I will choose not to have Maori as a native language. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Not sure how to calculate the attack bonus. Strength bonus 3, 4 ranks in three section staff as a skill.

Can I use the same skill if it is in bo staff form, or will a different skill be needed?