Character Creation OOC

Good Morning,

Thinking about submitting a character for application but I have a couple questions:

1: Is there a specific role ya'll are missing? I noticed you don't have a sneaky type or healer in the character sheets section?

2. I also notice a post in OOC that you were wanting a melee type, are Fizban's Treasury of Dragons or Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants acceptable sources for character creation?

3. Lastly you posted a link to the old site for a "Campaign Binder" I did not see anywhere on the old site that would answer questions about character creation. It might be because I was never a member on the old site.

Thank You for your time.

1 hour ago, Durairanubis said:

1: Is there a specific role ya'll are missing? I noticed you don't have a sneaky type or healer in the character sheets section?

2. I also notice a post in OOC that you were wanting a melee type, are Fizban's Treasury of Dragons or Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants acceptable sources for character creation?

3. Lastly you posted a link to the old site for a "Campaign Binder" I did not see anywhere on the old site that would answer questions about character creation. It might be because I was never a member on the old site.

The current party is a Cavalier Fighter, Arcane Domain Cleric, an Illusionist Wizard, and a Necromancer Wizard.

Any official Wizards of the Coast 5E resources are allowed. Setting-specific materials may need to be refluffed to make sense in Dragonlance. (Chronurgy Wizards, for example, fit into the DL lore of the Winternorns, wizards who focus on cold magic and manipulating the River of Time.)

And Maester1216 is correct. The campaign binder is in the “Library of Palanthas” folder and subfolders. That contains detailed information on Ansalon following the War of Souls and the death of Takhisis.

I can’t remember if I asked this when I last apped Stormwing, but what’s the current year? After the Chaos War but before the War of Souls? Or after both?

EDIT: I found it’ll my answer in the campaign binder, so all good.

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)

On 4/7/2024 at 2:50 PM, DoNotFearToTread said:

@codexgigas Per the info in the campaign binder, minotaur use the Ravnica stats. Is that still the case or would they now use the more recent Monsters of the Multiverse stats?

They would use the more recent Monsters of the Multiverse stats. We'll always default to the most recent version. By the same token, any new Kender characters would use the Kender stats published in Shadow of the Dragon Queen.

On 4/7/2024 at 3:10 PM, Maester1216 said:

I can’t remember if I asked this when I last apped Stormwing, but what’s the current year? After the Chaos War but before the War of Souls? Or after both?

EDIT: I found it’ll my answer in the campaign binder, so all good.

I'm glad you found it.

For anyone else who is searching, the campaign is happening in the autumn of 432 AC. The War of Souls occurred in 421 AC, and Jaymes Markham defeated Ankhar the Truth's second army in 427 AC.

Are half-ogres just a reflavor of half-orc? Or, what book are they in?

I thought I saw that someone was hoping for damage output, and melee. So, I was thinking either a Champion Fighter, or a Pact of the Blade Warlock.

18 hours ago, slinkman00 said:

Are half-ogres just a reflavor of half-orc? Or, what book are they in?

I thought I saw that someone was hoping for damage output, and melee. So, I was thinking either a Champion Fighter, or a Pact of the Blade Warlock.

Yes. There are no orcs in Dragonlance. Instead, ogres take their place in the setting. You would use the exact same stats as the half-orc from the PHB.

I can't access the old forums. It says my account is awaiting confirmation, but the confirmation mail never arrives in my inbox. I suspect the system to be permanently down, because why would anyone maintain it when there's a new system up.

One question regarding character creation: Do you use the method where you can place stat increases wherever you want (so +2 to one, +1 to another), or the more classical approach?

I'm considering joining, but I'm not sure I have time for a full application within the listed timeframe. It's not a problem to create an actual character, but reading myself up on all the material and writing everything takes time.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

I have an idea for a concept, but I need to ask one question first. @codexgigas: Is the group of adventurer (in)famous?

I want to create a fanboy/girl that has heard of the heroes and want to tag along to learn/participate in their story and publish it. I'm thinking a noble-born runaway, probably human or half-elf, though a dwarf could be fun for a change, too.

On 4/11/2024 at 12:07 AM, Ayeba said:

One question regarding character creation: Do you use the method where you can place stat increases wherever you want (so +2 to one, +1 to another), or the more classical approach?

The optional rules and features from Tasha's are allowed.

6 hours ago, Ayeba said:

I have an idea for a concept, but I need to ask one question first. @codexgigas: Is the group of adventurer (in)famous?

They are not. They have established contacts with the Legion of Steel and the Knights of Neraka, and individual characters have memberships in the Knights of Solamnia, Conclave of High Sorcery, and Citadel of Light. However, they are relatively low-ranking members of their organizations currently. The Legion of Steel sees the party as capable allies, but they are merely persons of interest to the Knights of Neraka at the moment.