Character Creation OOC

6 hours ago, codexgigas said:

The optional rules and features from Tasha's are allowed.

They are not. They have established contacts with the Legion of Steel and the Knights of Neraka, and individual characters have memberships in the Knights of Solamnia, Conclave of High Sorcery, and Citadel of Light. However, they are relatively low-ranking members of their organizations currently. The Legion of Steel sees the party as capable allies, but they are merely persons of interest to the Knights of Neraka at the moment.

Thanks for the answers. Written a good deal of the application now, but there's a lot of the setting I have not had the time to read myself up on.

One question that's not exactly important: Are there any setting-specific instruments available, or just the standard ones in the PHB?

I'd also like to ask a more loaded question. I came up with a concept for a bard because it seemed that a face might come in handy. Is that true, or have I misunderstood something? Perhaps you're more in he market for a scout, or a dedicated tank such as a paladin?

@codexgigas I have a less important question regarding bardic magic. I read the topic about primal magic and its realms. I feel that the categories are very much aimed towards sorcerers, and lack some crucial entries for bard magic. What about magic that affects thoughts (such as Detect Thoughts) or feelings (Calm Emotions) or both (Charm)? Or spells that affect the body (Healing Word, Enlarge/Reduce)?

It's more of a flavor question, really. My character wouldn't know anything about the categories at all; her magic is something she has learned from instinct/trial and error.

A related question is about persecution. Are there people that hate primal sorcery so much that it is wise to keep it hidden most of the time?

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

Good Morning,

New question as I do not recall.

I know I said I was going to do bard or monk, but I'm thinking maybe barbarian instead.

Are there Giants in Dragonlance? nking about going either path of giant barbarian, a barbarian giant foundling or both, but unsure if theres giants in dragonlance to beable to fit background into the setting.

NVM I found my answer

Edited by Durairanubis (see edit history)

I'm new to Myth Weavers. What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to create a thread to submit a character and the system is not letting me?

I created Ugarth Stumbledock a Half Ogre Drunken Master Monk

Hmmm... You're in the Applications thread correct?

You're gonna wanna click the Start New Topic button in the centre-right of your screen.

From there you fill out the title (Ugarth Stumbledock - Half Ogre Drunken Master Monk or something to that effect).

You'd need to put something in the textbox as well, so something like WIP or Reserved if you don't have a format set up yet.

18 hours ago, Maester1216 said:

Hmmm... You're in the Applications thread correct?

You're gonna wanna click the Start New Topic button in the centre-right of your screen.

From there you fill out the title (Ugarth Stumbledock - Half Ogre Drunken Master Monk or something to that effect).

You'd need to put something in the textbox as well, so something like WIP or Reserved if you don't have a format set up yet.

Ah,

Thank you

On 4/13/2024 at 3:37 AM, Ayeba said:

@codexgigas I have a less important question regarding bardic magic. I read the topic about primal magic and its realms. I feel that the categories are very much aimed towards sorcerers, and lack some crucial entries for bard magic. What about magic that affects thoughts (such as Detect Thoughts) or feelings (Calm Emotions) or both (Charm)? Or spells that affect the body (Healing Word, Enlarge/Reduce)?

It's more of a flavor question, really. My character wouldn't know anything about the categories at all; her magic is something she has learned from instinct/trial and error.

A related question is about persecution. Are there people that hate primal sorcery so much that it is wise to keep it hidden most of the time?

Some of the info on the realms of sorcery is moot, as the Academy of Sorcery is destroyed and no one has stepped up to attempt to rebuild it. It's there as flavor for sorcerers. I'll also note that the Campaign Binder is a collection of D&D 3.5 materials, as that was the last official update Dragonlance had until Shadow of the Dragon Queen. The lore doesn't fit with 5E, but it's the most official lore there is.

And yes, the Wizards of High Sorcery often hate primal sorcerers, especially the Black Robes. Dwarven society in general is not especially tolerant of any arcane magic, either.

2 hours ago, codexgigas said:

Some of the info on the realms of sorcery is moot, as the Academy of Sorcery is destroyed and no one has stepped up to attempt to rebuild it. It's there as flavor for sorcerers. I'll also note that the Campaign Binder is a collection of D&D 3.5 materials, as that was the last official update Dragonlance had until Shadow of the Dragon Queen. The lore doesn't fit with 5E, but it's the most official lore there is.

And yes, the Wizards of High Sorcery often hate primal sorcerers, especially the Black Robes. Dwarven society in general is not especially tolerant of any arcane magic, either.

I'm very aware that dwarves don't like arcane magic -- that's a big part of my character's backstory. It sounds like the Wizards of High Sorcery is more opposed to sorcerers than bards, but I should still be wary.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

On 4/15/2024 at 9:15 PM, Ayeba said:

I'm very aware that dwarves don't like arcane magic -- that's a big part of my character's backstory. It sounds like the Wizards of High Sorcery is more opposed to sorcerers than bards, but I should still be wary.

Yes, that's correct.

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the application deadline. I've been swamped with work this week, but I should have more time tomorrow to answer any questions people have as they complete their applications.