Round 6: The Grand Opening of the Golden Phoenix

Gengy

Lottery Results

This image serves as the determiner for whom the dice choose as the winner of the Lottery.

image.png.b4b316637d11a687e04638329a41d619.png

This post will remain unedited. A 1d3 will be rolled after the round has closed.

Name
Lottery
1d3 1

Later, on the trip back to Veehra...

"You didn't mention your suspicions about the Basu-Rahman Group."

"After that definitely-not-a-threat lecture I got just for mentioning the Bironian affair? Damn right I didn't. I'm tactless, not stupid. The Biarbu are friendly with BRG, I'm not about to start talking about how their buddy might be the guy I'm after."

"Besides... I don't really like Basu-Rahman as a suspect. They've got means and motive, I guess. Knowing exactly when and where to be in order to grab Chancellor Eydis is right up their alley; they wanted information on the Elder Blood - sure, Basu-Rahman loves its esoteric secrets - plus ships, which they can't build themselves because they don't have access to military-grade shipyards. Problem is... I don't know, it just doesn't feel like their style to me? Holding a head of state ransom is a hell of a risk, and what do a bunch of corporate suits want with a navy?"

"Defend themselves against all the people looking to bomb their holdings?"

"The timing's all wrong, this started years before the Soom-clan torched the Mraza broadcast station."

"Maybe they saw it coming. Or just didn't want to be left at the mercy of forty-plus nations with shiny new Imperial warships."

"Eh. Maybe. Sometimes you've gotta go with your gut, 99, and mine says it's not BRG. I can't rule them out completely, which is why I'm not subcontracting anything out to this. Maybe I'm wrong and our mystery culprit will hit Eucrus or the Soom next. Maybe they're paying BRG for info - I'd find that a lot easier to believe. But they're not my prime suspect."