Out-of-Character Chat

ArtamenaV

PerceptionRoll a D20 and add your modifier (for the one mentioned in the game thread add the Wisdom modifier) to the result.

there is a dice icon in the editor.

Edited by Ziminar (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20 10

2 hours ago, Ziminar said:

Roll a D20 and add your modifier (for the one mentioned in the game thread add the Wisdom modifier) to the result.

there is a dice icon in the editor.

I think I did it?

Since I'm new to the site I'm not sure if players typically create a character sheet and then update that will all the details or they keep updating their application area or some combination of those two.

Its probably typical to use both.

Personally having played/DMed 5e for a long time, I don't really need much more than the stat block in my post-to-post template. For example, I've had ability modifiers memorized since like 2001 with 3.0...not boasting, just saying being a dork you can internalize some stuff. The proficiency mods follow an easy pattern as well. So, if I knew I was a 1st fighter with a 16 strength, I know my attack mod is +5. Writing every little thing out is tedious and pointless. Having a thread makes it easy to track purchases and other thoughts.

When I DM I take all the players' important stuff and put it into a table in a spreadsheet. I never look at character sheets after that, other than to update stuff at levels, so as a DM they are also not an everyday tool for me.

But ultimately I just do whatever the DM wants, because their needs are different than mine. Some believe creating a handsome and exhaustive character sheet 'proves' your dedication to their game... XD